Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way

Looks like further droves of long-term players are calling it quits after this stupid event.

With the game mechanics being so utterly borked after this EB, most of the strongest players in the game will be lvl 90-150s who have farmed non-stop. If you're not in either of those tiers, then you're screwed. As always the 250+ have it worse than ever.

I've seen accounts less than 5 days old above 600M defense and attack.

Congratulations Gree, your stupidity knows no bounds. Just do us all a favor and end the game already. We know you're out of ideas.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Just do an event with compatible stats for level 200+ then all would be happy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Or, just make it so that you can't farm after 100. I mean, 100xp is hardly a deterrent is it?

Post Count
    My mini now is stronger than main. I can see why this turn of events is very discouraging to high level players, especially at levels 200+.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    while I like my main getting stronger from this event. fully agree, in battle probably get whipped by a lvl 10-25 which is just wrong

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Just seen a picture of a lvl 72 who is about 860 mil attack. Stat explosion is one thing, but Gree lining up customers who've been playing for three years as whipping boys for noobs is .....

At least when MW had boss with insane stat boosts built in they were equally available to players at all levels, so the active players win.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Gree has had big stat boost events in MW, KA, and CC very recently. Makes you wonder what is really going on.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    What the majority of you have, is called metathesiophobia. It's a game and it has to change from time to time in order to keep people engaged.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    gree needs to know that us level 220+ are the one spending more money in gold not them(beginners) it should've been equal to all, i have a new account with higher stats than my main one, where im making 124mil per hour i dont wanna start over. **** going to quit anytime soon

Post Count
    Allow me to quote a few things

Our event design team is exploring different prize schemes that will help newer players get stronger while also rewarding our loyal, long-term players. We will continue to work on striking a balance with these two aspects and your feedback will be shared with that team for their consideration.
    While we understand stacking bonuses are very desirable, their use needed to be carefully managed to control stat inflation effects and overall balance of the game.
    Prizes increase in strength over time as newer players play to catch up to players who have been playing for longer. Otherwise, newer players would continuously be a disadvantage with no way to catch up.
    Bull****.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Everything he said during the AMA was BS. Waiting for my infraction point.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I saw a lvl 76 with 1.2b stats just now. Wow.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Everything he said during the AMA was BS. Waiting for my infraction point.
    That was their response from my request for a refund
    Last edited by Evan1000; 03-29-2015 at 07:48 AM.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaggard View Post
    I saw a lvl 76 with 1.2b stats just now. Wow.
    How much money might some of the high level players in top 10/25 syndicates have spent to achieve those kind of stats? And they see some newer account just killing lvl 100s as if they're swatting flies and getting the same attack or better for effectively nothing.

Come on here someone from Gree and justify this. Then again you can not; you've already neutralised the energy boost mods awarded to the top 3 teams by having modifiers only on the speed component of LTQs. Why should anybody be surprised.

And why is this game treated differently to MW with the boss?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cookamoo View Post
    What the majority of you have, is called metathesiophobia. It's a game and it has to change from time to time in order to keep people engaged.
    Is that all players who need to be kept engaged, or only a select group?