GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about some communication?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The real issue is not Relic or Clem or the other mods. We see the same type of service in every aspect of modern war. Our threads don't get answered not because Relic or Clem does not care to answer, its because they don't have the time to answer everyone. When we send in tickets and it does not get answered or it takes a really long time to answer its not because they are not doing there job, its because the people that answering the tickets don't have enough time to answer everyones questions. Which is also why we get emails back from gree that have nothing to do with our tickets. I am sure they are told to quickly over look the ticket and then send them a pre written response and hopefully it takes care of what they are having issues with. We have so many people complaining about different bugs in the game that makes hard for them to play the game its not even funny. The problem is not that gree employees are not working on it, its that they don't have enough time to fix all of it because the higher ups in gree are making them work on new things that will bring in more money.

The real issue is not the workers at Gree. The problem is that the people that run gree will not hire the correct amount of people to run there games for them. They treat people like Relic and Clem like slaves and tell them to do the impossible. And because Relic and Clem know that they can't do the impossible i am sure they have to decided to the next best thing in the forums, and that is to just manage and do there best to not allow it to get out of control. I am sure by their statements that they make they would love to be able to answer all of our questions on here. But since they can't they have decided to manage the forums which is why they are quick to shut down thread or erase comments that against there rules here.

The problem is the people that own and run gree only care about money and they have not problem treating there employees like slaves to make sure they make more money. Gree is under staffed in all aspects of the company, and that won't change any time soon
    Last edited by Preacher Wolf; 03-25-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    This is also why Gree does not have a option for you to call customer support. If 1 of the 2 or 3 people that was answering tickets had to help a customer out on the phone then it would really make the ticket process slower. The higher ups at gree could careless about any of our issues, they only care about putting tabs in places to make us accidentally hit it so that we use more gold which will make us have to buy more gold sooner than we wanted too.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post
    The real issue is not Relic or Clem or the other mods. We see the same type of service in every aspect of modern war. Our threads don't get answered not because Relic or Clem does not care to answer, its because they don't have the time to answer everyone. When we send in tickets and it does not get answered or it takes a really long time to answer its not because they are not doing there job, its because the people that answering the tickets don't have enough time to answer everyones questions. Which is also why we get emails back from gree that have nothing to do with our tickets. I am sure they are told to quickly over look the ticket and then send them a pre written response and hopefully it takes care of what they are having issues with. We have so many people complaining about different bugs in the game that makes hard for them to play the game its not even funny. The problem is not that gree employees are not working on it, its that they don't have enough time to fix all of it because the higher ups in gree are making them work on new things that will bring in more money.

The real issue is not the workers at Gree. The problem is that the people that run gree will not hire the correct amount of people to run there games for them. They treat people like Relic and Clem like slaves and tell them to do the impossible. And because Relic and Clem know that they can't do the impossible i am sure they have to decided to the next best thing in the forums, and that is to just manage and do there best to not allow it to get out of control. I am sure by their statements that they make they would love to be able to answer all of our questions on here. But since they can't they have decided to manage the forums which is why they are quick to shut down thread or erase comments that against there rules here.

The problem is the people that own and run gree only care about money and they have not problem treating there employees like slaves to make sure they make more money. Gree is under staffed in all aspects of the company, and that won't change any time soon
    Very well said. I completely agree with you. Not their own doing but the fact that they are short-handed and probably can only do so much in a day.

Here is a link to their job openings. http://product.gree.net/us/en/careers

I do not see any openings for Community Managers or Forum Manager or anything they could use here?
    Last edited by Rolinz; 03-25-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's nothing to do with being short handed. It's been much better in the past, and that was before the player mods were brought in to help with the mundane stuff. Have a look at their post counts. Have a look at what they chose to get involved in and what is not responded to or followed up.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    In reading through many threads it seems the mods only choose to respond to things that should just be ignored. Also, they seem antagonistc responses as well. Most times they respond to some side comment on a legitimate thread which gets no response. Solution is simple, hire somebody who knows what's going on to assist. That is all.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The player mods aren't here to answer questions on behalf of gree. We are just players who have a good understanding of our primary games. The work that we do, allows the community managers more time to focus on the important issues rather than having to worry about trolls and spam.

Being an MW addict I do raise all the concerns that we voice on here and I try to draw attention to important threads, but I personally wont respond that something is being fixed or looked at unless I'm completely sure.
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 03-26-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    The player mods aren't here to answer questions on behalf of gree. We are just players who have a good understanding of our primary games. The work that we do, allows the community managers more time to focus on the important issues rather than having to worry about trolls and spam.

Being an MW addict I do raise all the concerns that we voice on here and I try to draw attention to important threads, but I personally wont respond that something is being fixed or looked at unless I'm completely sure.
    Yes, we appreciate that, but as I say despite player mods coming on board to do that sort of stuff, the "real" communication has gone down not up.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What qualifies as important these days?, not much works, nothing goes according to plan, rewards are screwed up and bots are running rampant. All of this is consistent as is the lack of accurate info from the guys who get paid to communicate with us. The game is dead outside of the ego auction house.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count

Thanks HR, appreciate all that you try and do for us. I wish though that a particular player mod would stop trying to answer our posts because they cause a lot more harm than good and it reflects poorly on all player mods. Yes they have improved a lot since this issue was brought to light but sometimes I really wish they would stay out of this forum.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post

Exactly, and they can't tell us this because these same upper level managers would just replace them with others. To the person talking about the old Funzio days, we started out with CC then came MW followed by KA and I think a fourth before being sold to gree. Now look at the number of forums and players two people need to manage oh and also Facebook so the workload is expanding exponentially.

Yes it is a good thing I don't run gree because if I did I would be ashamed by the way the customer base suffers because of incompetent upper management or perhaps the real problem is at the top of the food chain.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Thanks HR, appreciate all that you try and do for us. I wish though that a particular player mod would stop trying to answer our posts because they cause a lot more harm than good and it reflects poorly on all player mods. Yes they have improved a lot since this issue was brought to light but sometimes I really wish they would stay out of this forum.
    You should PM Clem or me about this, AO. It's part of our jobs to do look into matters of this nature.

Post Count
    Relic,
    Could you share a little behind the curtain so we could better understand the process and (perhaps) be more understanding of the perceived non responsiveness/delays?

For example: something isn't working

Forums are abuzz
    You see it
    You ask for tickets
    Then
    ... To developers?
    Developers...?
    When/do you see reports?
    How often are internal updates provided?
    What should the end users expect publicly?
    What should ticket submitters expect?

That kind of thing. I think if you (Clem, you, and whomever else has a position at GREE) could iron that out and post it as a sticky/closed thread under "Players Should Expect". It could end much of the misunderstanding turned attack or whines that the rest of us have to navigate thru; as well as make Hell Raizers unpaid job much easier.

Or you could just let us know GREE would rather not. (This is the third or fourth time I've put this forth to assorted paid mods).
    Last edited by Merc_mw; 03-26-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Fat finger typos

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hi,

I'll give the quick(ish) version:

OK, the forums are abuzz because there's an issue - our first course of action is to find out if it's known because often the first time we hear of an issue it's here on the forums. If it's known we let you know. If it isn't we let the team know so they can address it. That's when we tell you -- much to the dislike of many -- that the team is investigating and/or working on it. We say this because that's all we know.

Investigating an issue can take some time because an issue has to be reproduced before it can be fixed. When it's fixed we will tell you, but sometimes you all are (thankfully) very quick to post if something is working before we do since there's only two of us. It's always best to submit tickets to CS with all the information you can provide on a problem, including screen shots. This helps the team identify the problem they're investigating. Plus, the more tickets we receive on an issue, the faster it will be prioritized. If we receive five tickets on one issue, and 20 on another, it makes sense to work on the issue with more tickets -- another reason why contacting Customer Support is so very important. When there is an issue that has several tickets, it can take a while for a reply because the CS department is inundated with them -- plus they are answered in the order they are received. We also ask that only one ticket is submitted by each of you on an issue. If you submit several for the same issue, the tickets will be merged into the first one and that's when you'll see that your tickets have been closed without a response. The original ticket is still open, though, and they will address it.

Reporting feedback happens quite frequently. Clem and I like the feedback threads we've stickied because it's easier and quicker to gather data from one thread instead of many. That's not to say that we don't report feedback on other threads -- we do -- it would just be SUPER nice if everyone put feedback in the designated threads because it makes our jobs a heck of a lot easier. This is why we'll often merge a new thread with feedback into the stickied ones we've provided. We report feedback no less than weekly, but since I've started working here I can't think of one week where we didn't submit feedback more often than that. Once we submit reports to the developers, it's pretty much out of our hands. Even if the feedback is the same week to week, it's good that it is submitted so the devs can see that it's an ongoing request/suggestion/issue. Clem and I are happy to send up feedback, it's part of our jobs and we enjoy advocating for you guys.

When it comes to feedback (and the forums) we always ask that it is constructive and concise. It doesn't help us when someone posts that we're idiots or the thread goes off-topic. It just makes it more difficult for us to get the information we need to send to the dev teams because we have to A) sort through it, and B) enforce forum rules that are violated. Every time someone submits a post that is against the rules, (off-topic, trolling, spamming, etc) they are delaying us from helping you and getting our reports done. The people who do this should frustrate you as much as they do us, and you should try very hard not to be "that guy."

tl;dr - Clem and I make every effort to communicate updates when we get them. Things can happen pretty quickly, and if more than one game is having an issue, we can lag behind because we're putting out more than one fire at a time. When people break forum rules, it just makes it worse for everyone. PLEASE STAHP!

And now I'm off to fight the aforementioned fires. I hope that helps you all understand things a bit better from our side of things.

Be well.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

You are doing precisely as you say.
    You clearly understand your purpose and your mission.
    You perform it exceedingly well.
    If only .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
    You're setting a great example, but .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
    Thank you for performing your "mod" duties in an exceptional manner.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    You are doing precisely as you say.
    You clearly understand your purpose and your mission.
    You perform it exceedingly well.
    If only .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
    You're setting a great example, but .... (I must censor myself here, or else)
    Thank you for performing your "mod" duties in an exceptional manner.
    If you think your sarcasm has flown under my radar, you're wrong. Stop with the insults. Please.