GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about some communication?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    If you think your sarcasm has flown under my radar, you're wrong. Stop with the insults. Please.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I was sincere in complimenting HellRaizer. He does exactly as he says. I find that very refreshing, and he does possess hands on knowledge of the game. He does understand his role, and as far as I'm concerned, I have nothing negative to say about him. I censored myself so I wouldn't insult anyone.

What did I post that in anyway insulted anyone?
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Fair enough. I'll take you on your word.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Some good discussion here.

I agree bashing and insulting and posting off-topic spam is annoying. I hate having to read thru multiple pages of spam just to get the information I'm really looking for.

Player mods are great for handling general gaming questions and helping out newbies and I think they are doing just fine. I don't expect them to put out fires or fix issues with the game.

I also agree that 2 Community Managers is not enough. This is a 24 hour game and there is no way 2 people working (I assume 40 hour work week) could possibly handle monitoring for fires 24/7. From what I notice, issues that occur during the weekend seem to be an area when communication is at its worst.

I'm not blaming the mods or community managers. I think you guys take a lot of heat and sometimes the perceived lack of communication might be caused by Developers not being available (weekend) or developers not providing updates back to you so you can relay them to us.

In some cases when there is an issue that is being worked on and your team has responded to a thread, it can be very hard for people to "find" that response and therefore they might assume there is no response. If a thread turns into 20 pages of complaints and maybe 2 valid responses on page 8 of 20, its very easy for those response to get missed by somebody scanning the forum. My suggestion on this is not to sticky the original 20 page thread, but instead create a new locked sticky thread stating a summary of the problem and a summary of the response. No other comments, so everything is easy to find and clear to the reader. That single post can be edited with feedback from developers as it comes in.

I think there was a lot of confusion during this past EB and I think it would of been good to have seen some more communication. By Friday night it because clear people could farm past 150 and sky rocket their stats. It was not clear if this was intended (March Madness) or if this was a bug. There were multiple post on the forum, most of which by people trying to justify it was valid. It was not until the end of day 5 that I saw any communication about this event. The honest people who thought it might be a glitch sustained from farming past 150 for the weekend and Monday. By Tuesday most of us assumed it was valid because you had a full work day (Monday) to claim otherwise and we did not see any post. The people who "thought" it was valid up front, went all out farming all weekend long. In this case, it would have been nice to have seen some communication.

FYI - this thread is about communication, not about the EB event specifically, so no need to spam off-topic comments or accuse me of whining because that's not what this is about...It's sad I have to say this.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Talahaski View Post
    Some good discussion here.

I agree bashing and insulting and posting off-topic spam is annoying. I hate having to read thru multiple pages of spam just to get the information I'm really looking for.

Player mods are great for handling general gaming questions and helping out newbies and I think they are doing just fine. I don't expect them to put out fires or fix issues with the game.

I also agree that 2 Community Managers is not enough. This is a 24 hour game and there is no way 2 people working (I assume 40 hour work week) could possibly handle monitoring for fires 24/7. From what I notice, issues that occur during the weekend seem to be an area when communication is at its worst.

I'm not blaming the mods or community managers. I think you guys take a lot of heat and sometimes the perceived lack of communication might be caused by Developers not being available (weekend) or developers not providing updates back to you so you can relay them to us.

In some cases when there is an issue that is being worked on and your team has responded to a thread, it can be very hard for people to "find" that response and therefore they might assume there is no response. If a thread turns into 20 pages of complaints and maybe 2 valid responses on page 8 of 20, its very easy for those response to get missed by somebody scanning the forum. My suggestion on this is not to sticky the original 20 page thread, but instead create a new locked sticky thread stating a summary of the problem and a summary of the response. No other comments, so everything is easy to find and clear to the reader. That single post can be edited with feedback from developers as it comes in.

I think there was a lot of confusion during this past EB and I think it would of been good to have seen some more communication. By Friday night it because clear people could farm past 150 and sky rocket their stats. It was not clear if this was intended (March Madness) or if this was a bug. There were multiple post on the forum, most of which by people trying to justify it was valid. It was not until the end of day 5 that I saw any communication about this event. The honest people who thought it might be a glitch sustained from farming past 150 for the weekend and Monday. By Tuesday most of us assumed it was valid because you had a full work day (Monday) to claim otherwise and we did not see any post. The people who "thought" it was valid up front, went all out farming all weekend long. In this case, it would have been nice to have seen some communication.

FYI - this thread is about communication, not about the EB event specifically, so no need to spam off-topic comments or accuse me of whining because that's not what this is about...It's sad I have to say this.
    Thank you for all your comments here, Talahaski, they're appreciated.

For what it's worth, we have stickied a new thread with an issue when existing threads were in place. Normally I'd lock the existing threads and direct everyone to comment on the official stickied one; however, that was questioned as well. I plan on continuing to do it, though, if I have the time to actually post a stickied thread. I think it's better to have comments in the official post.

It's not always an easy spot to be in as a CM. We are often criticized on every new approach we take. Criticism is good when it's constructive but very often it's not. The community is frustrated and through the frustration, our best intentions as CM's aren't even visible. Hopefully that will change in time - Clem and I are certainly working hard to try and make it that way!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I was sincere in complimenting HellRaizer.
    +1 for what its worth. I may not always agree with him, but he is doing his job well.

For what it's worth, we have stickied a new thread with an issue when existing threads were in place. Normally I'd lock the existing threads and direct everyone to comment on the official stickied one; however, that was questioned as well. I plan on continuing to do it, though, if I have the time to actually post a stickied thread. I think it's better to have comments in the official post.
    Ummm that would be me .
    Sure the sticky thread is a good idea(though they are halfway down the page atm)
    Sure an official responce is a great idea.(lack of official responce is a big issue around here)
    I just take issue with you closing the thread that bought said issue to your attention. Why not sticky the first thread on the issue(lets face it its not going to be a mod that finds the issue. I wouldnt expect them to, ther'e meant to be wotking not playing 24/7 ). you can make your reply the second post if you feel the need and edit the title if you feel we won't be able to work it out. To do otherwise I feel is misleaing in itself.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Haha, he tricked you.

It is nice to see you here and talking as a respectful human being rather than a mini dictator who has the "power" as mods have in the past. I know this part of the cycle where you talk and we be nice then next is you going back to ignoring as due to lack of man power and the fact that we are Internet crazies so who cares???.

The game has gone too far, there really is no way to save it or even reign back inflation. Soon it will have to default like Greece and start again. I just wish we were listened to starting from about 2 years ago. This gaming model as it was at the start was brilliant. Now, 10 million events (with the rare one that isn't full of glitches and mistakes) run at any given time has brought about the death of the two paced game which was a lot of fun (spend hours tapping and be within 10-15% of the spenders who pay and do it all right now). That was the model that could last. Luckily ego auction house makes up for poor programming around these parts. The company is lucky their incompetence is rewarded by guys who would rather outspend each other than have a game run from a stable platform and producing quality on a consistent basis.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    First off, thank you mods! Paid and unpaid alike. What can we, as players, do to get the gree management to hire more help? From the best that i can tell, the problem lies not in the mods responding but lack of word from the developers, and lack of programming skills (or at least not enough help in the programming demands). With multiple games for developers to work on, and mods to communicate, it appears to be very difficult for the limited staff to handle the workload. Im sure the profits from this game are more than capable of hiring a few more people. Not to mention that if there were less bugs in the programming and events starting/ending on time, there would be less confusion and less of a workload for mods. So what can we do, whos email do we need to bombard, snailmail sent, etc to the gree executives to get some more help to get this game back to the levels of expectation that we once enjoyed?
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    And the reward goes to "Bam Bam" for being this first to post non-productive comments and off-topic opinion about the games inflation.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That's a fair place to start, and I'll take you at yours.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "