RIP, Kingdom Age

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP, Kingdom Age

Post Count

RIP, Kingdom Age

The rewards from this newest Epic Boss are sheer insanity, to say the least. I've already picked up over a billion in both attack and defense, and some members in my guild have gained 2.5 billion plus.

While this might be seen from the misguided developers as an attempt to 'level the playing field' this is only having a few effects, none of which are positive.

1. This is forcing people to compete in the Epic Boss event, or get left in the dust. Those who are in the higher tier guilds will be able to move through regular to legendary, while those who are outside of those group will get perhaps halfway through, resulting in an even greater stat disparity, making the game even less friendly to new players.
    2. Adding onto that, you are continuing to further isolate and stab your long-time spenders in the back by invalidating their previous spending. The fighting for this past war, for example, is already been shown as useless, as killing lv 1-5 of the Epic boss provided more raw stat gains than an entire top 10 finish. Gee, thanks for letting us know that our 100k, 250k, 500k, 1000k CP individual scores are totally useless!
    3. I had a good reason or three more to list, but seriously, I've just given up on listing more.

Just admit it. You fumbled this game when issues began to arise, and instead of stepping back and thinking on it, you panicked. Heck, it still looks like you're panicking, and as a result you never found any viable long-term possibility that could prove viable, as you were too busy fighting fires and trying to keep the next cycle alive. You may claim that KA has new features coming, but there's still so much we haven't seen that MW and CC both have, and there's still so many features (Including the biggest of them all... PUTTING YOUR BLOODY GAME ON ANDROID) that we probably will never see that those two have.

Circling the drain, folks. It'll last as long as folks are willing to fight on the leaderboards, but already prizes from the Raid Boss are proving the event useless to compete, and now, well... with these prizes you're handing out, who knows what scrambling is going to be involved in this next Raid Boss, further sowing dissent.

RIP Kingdom Age. You were great under Funzio, but it's been a sad, long downhill ride since.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    must be insulting for the top guilds that Gree dishes out units like these after all the money they spent on the game to get that strong, now its just... not right
    Hi guys

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    must be insulting for the top guilds that Gree dishes out units like these after all the money they spent on the game to get that strong, now its just... not right
    One can look at it that way, or one can look at it like, if we work this event we will still be on top due to all our hard work, and these huge units mean nothing as we got them too.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    One can look at it that way, or one can look at it like, if we work this event we will still be on top due to all our hard work, and these huge units mean nothing as we got them too.
    No.

It's just insulting. Because now not only has our prior spending been invalidated, if we don't participate in this event, our spending will have meant nothing.

Ergo, insulting.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    That's the point. The stat inflation will never slow down because GREE wants top players to have to keep spending constantly to stay on top and so that newer players CAN jump into the top echelons if they spend enough.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    No.

It's just insulting. Because now not only has our prior spending been invalidated, if we don't participate in this event, our spending will have meant nothing.

Ergo, insulting.
    No. Your past spendings is what kept you on top at that time.

Don't tell me you haven't figured out that continuous spending is what keeps you on top (and keep this game alive). Stop spending, then you fall off the top.

It's like driving a car. You have to keep putting gas in. You can bike or walk for free but that's a much slower process to get to your destination.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Well Lys, the stats inflation is bad, no question about that but for top players becoming less top you are forgetting one thing. Boosts

The boost bonuses the top players have are impossible to achieve for lower levels or newer members. So no matter what kind of units they are dishing out. As you as you play regularly and simply participate in events, even without spending gems. Hardly anyone will be able to catch up to those bonuses anyway.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Epic boss event

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    The rewards from this newest Epic Boss are sheer insanity, to say the least. I've already picked up over a billion in both attack and defense, and some members in my guild have gained 2.5 billion plus.

While this might be seen from the misguided developers as an attempt to 'level the playing field' this is only having a few effects, none of which are positive.

1. This is forcing people to compete in the Epic Boss event, or get left in the dust. Those who are in the higher tier guilds will be able to move through regular to legendary, while those who are outside of those group will get perhaps halfway through, resulting in an even greater stat disparity, making the game even less friendly to new players.
    2. Adding onto that, you are continuing to further isolate and stab your long-time spenders in the back by invalidating their previous spending. The fighting for this past war, for example, is already been shown as useless, as killing lv 1-5 of the Epic boss provided more raw stat gains than an entire top 10 finish. Gee, thanks for letting us know that our 100k, 250k, 500k, 1000k CP individual scores are totally useless!
    3. I had a good reason or three more to list, but seriously, I've just given up on listing more.

Just admit it. You fumbled this game when issues began to arise, and instead of stepping back and thinking on it, you panicked. Heck, it still looks like you're panicking, and as a result you never found any viable long-term possibility that could prove viable, as you were too busy fighting fires and trying to keep the next cycle alive. You may claim that KA has new features coming, but there's still so much we haven't seen that MW and CC both have, and there's still so many features (Including the biggest of them all... PUTTING YOUR BLOODY GAME ON ANDROID) that we probably will never see that those two have.

Circling the drain, folks. It'll last as long as folks are willing to fight on the leaderboards, but already prizes from the Raid Boss are proving the event useless to compete, and now, well... with these prizes you're handing out, who knows what scrambling is going to be involved in this next Raid Boss, further sowing dissent.

RIP Kingdom Age. You were great under Funzio, but it's been a sad, long downhill ride since.

CAN EVERYONE JUST QUIT YOUR YAPPING AND COMPLAINING !!! If you are THAT ANNOYED ? THEN QUIT ! I've learned to just play and have fun.... Life's to short to be that upset over a game ! Either play or don't ! AND BESIDES !! This event is in honor of the MARCH MADNESS BASKETBALL !!! Chill out damn

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelio View Post
    CAN EVERYONE JUST QUIT YOUR YAPPING AND COMPLAINING !!! If you are THAT ANNOYED ? THEN QUIT ! I've learned to just play and have fun.... Life's to short to be that upset over a game ! Either play or don't ! AND BESIDES !! This event is in honor of the MARCH MADNESS BASKETBALL !!! Chill out damn
    hey, at least theres someone that still supports Gree.
    Hi guys

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    hey, at least theres someone that still supports Gree.
    That's Relic's other account.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    A leopard does it change its spots.
    Who am I...
    I am an ENIGMA... if you can figure that out then you know who I am
    I saw the dawn of the kingdom age
    I was an instrument of warfare
    I was also known by a name which related to my ability to immediately response to incoming information regarding external forces
    Once upon a time I fought along-side a MyStiKaL character

...don't dream about legends, become one...

The current EB stat inflation does not support the argument that some have made here that KA is "winding down" (for a more accurate example of this, see War, Legends at). This is "Whale Farming" -- enticing new players and/or marks a reason to gem, give ambitious and/or foolish (take your pick) medium gemmers a reason to become (aim to become?) next generation whales. We can't expect Lys ("I got my refund and I'm never spending another dime!" -- what was that six months ago?) et al. in the top 10 to keep sustaining Gree's business model indefinitely.

Do I like what Gree is doing? No. Do I understand why they are doing it? Yes.

Now, if you want to talk truly shabby player treatment, there are some of us who still remember Dragon Realms / Legends at War. But lest I get chastised for going off topic I'll just leave it at that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelio View Post
    Or, you could not read here! Try yoga, or meditation. Quell that anger! We all have the right to express ourselves. If it's a problem for you, don't read. I'm sure if KA becomes a real problem for its players, they'll stop playing and go elsewhere. Leave the addicts to battle it out in the willy waggling show at the top! ��
    Last edited by Frostpocket; 04-05-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So now we have a "hit those whose stats have not inflated" quest going on. Sweet! When is Players "Appreciation" Month again? Oh, it started on 1st April?

Post Count
    I play only MW. I didn't know it was one of the "better" Gree games. You all should check that forum as I'm checking this one. I was hoping to find that this gaming forum was more pleasant to read...seems issues are scattered across all of the games. Sad.