Would a mod please answer this question

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would a mod please answer this question

Lurker
    Post Count

Would a mod please answer this question

Gree has always announced big changes to the game and many times justified their reasoning behind the changes, which most of us appreciate. There was a couple March Madness announcements however none concerning Epic Boss. Did you intend for players to tap constantly for 5 days, ultimately levelling the entire playing field for 50% of your users? Coming from a top 10 player who has a real life and can not be expected to trigger a boss every 2 minutes for 5 days straight, I'm now left with 3 options. Option 1, accept the fact all the money I've spent building my account was a waste and spend more from now on to regain my previous stature in the game and pray it will not be rendered futile again with "Obscene October". Option 2, accept defeat and play free with friends. And finally Option 3, delete the game and try to get to know your friends and family again. Based on the feedback I've heard from most people in this scenario, none of them are choosing option 1. Being that option 1 is your only revenue stream of the 3, do you still stand behind your decision? Gameplay is probably at an incredible level for the first time in a while, but the money leaving your pockets I can't imagine is what you had in mind. LTQ have always been designed to make people pay for a leg up in the competition, now Epic Boss has given the most substantial leg up ever for free. Before I make my decision I would simply like to know what the thought process was behind this sudden change, and is this the expected outcome of it?

On a side note, congrats to all the free players. Patience with your growth has certainly paid off, wish I had gone that route.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is one of the dumbest things Gree has done in awhile and there are many to pick from. Being Apollo Ops before the new rank units came out I had an advantage with my bonuses as well. This epic boss farming every two minutes is pretty boring and time consuming. It was interesting for the first hour or so to get 29 million max stat units evey few minutes and boost my stats by 3 billion per unit but I cannot see how this can be good for the game.

Not sure why these units, now in my top 45, are Unlimited depending on the amount of free time you have in five days.

Lurker
    Post Count
    For lots of users this has been a gift. I would just like to know if it worked out as it was intended.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Don't despair, just yet, ATG. Why, you ask? Okay, here goes why you can hang on a tad longer.

The items currently being dropped by the boss are high attack, low defense. Sure, it seems that you paid and others didn't, but think again. The current players tapping, day and night, 24/7, are EARNING their trinkets through sweat equity. That is an admirable trait all across this planet. Those trinkets lack an applicable defense. So, smarter tappers will purchase those sweet gold attack/defense boost buildings to supplement their largesse. Bottom line, as with water, stats seek their own level.

As the late John Houseman so eloquently was wont to say, about the now defunct Smith-Barney:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMRXqQXemU

So, no worries, your stats will remain intact, even though you think others can touch you. Hey, its a war game, and its all make believe. One thing is for sure, the bell has been rung and the player community has heard it loud and clear. It ain't changing buddy today. It will most likely change if Gree determines it was detrimental to their business and profits. So, hang on buddy, it ain't all that bad.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Good luck on a mod answer though. I'm not sure if they even have paid ones respond to threads any longer.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh oh Gree View Post
    Not sure why these units, now in my top 45, are Unlimited depending on the amount of free time you have in five days.
    Wait...you can see your "Top 45" ? I haven't seen mine in months....wonder what my 45th unit is?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift Ticket View Post
    Wait...you can see your "Top 45" ? I haven't seen mine in months....wonder what my 45th unit is?
    They recently implemented (after the removal of equipment) the ability to attack someone and then click "view army" on the attack screen.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    They recently implemented (after the removal of equipment) the ability to attack someone and then click "view army" on the attack screen.
    Well thank you Thief, you've been very insightful today.

I feel like quoting the old 1980's GI Joe PSA's "and knowing is half the battle"

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    ATG, don't worry. Once everyone has the same three thousand 100 million stat units, your boosts will make the difference. Its a matter of patience until things catch up.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Don't be fooled by the loot drop stats. They will be the new tree sniper. Anyone who is summoning bosses non stop for 5 days will only enjoy a small window of stat advantage. This is not the first time this has happened and is not the last. Everyone seems to forget..

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD NUGGETT View Post
    Don't be fooled by the loot drop stats. They will be the new tree sniper. Anyone who is summoning bosses non stop for 5 days will only enjoy a small window of stat advantage. This is not the first time this has happened and is not the last. Everyone seems to forget..

I have seen this mythical tree sniper mentioned a few times around here. Can someone tell me the story? Pm is fine of course. I just enjoy the GREE history of major league blunders. Unless of course, this tree sniper had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination. If so, please keep this info secret!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Was just an original unit you could purchase from the store for in game cash. Think it was 1 attack and 0 defense.