Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I'm convinced that the game cheats

In the arena last week, I was averaging 5-6k points per day, winning maybe 9 out of 10 battles until I got close to being in the top 500 after day 5.

The last two days, things changed. It started giving me impossible opponents, a larger-than-normal amount of misses, and when I do hit, when I think it should be a knock-out, it magically leaves 1 HP left so I get taken out on the next turn. I'm magically winning 1 or 2 out of every 5 battles. I end the week at 1024, just missing out on the top 1000 rewards, when I should have been in the top 500, so I'm two rewards tiers down from where I think I should be.

This week, the crap continues. I'm still winning 1 or 2 out of every 5 battles and barely top 15,000.

If I'm getting a pure random set of fights, I should not be top 500 one week then top 15000 the next. I personally think that the game is punishing those who aren't paying in gems every week or month.

I gave them $120 last month to open up the 52-chest set. It's not like I'm one of the "I won't pay for anything" players, I'll pay if I think it's worth it and I'm having fun. But pulling crap like this is not a way to earn revenue. It's a way to lose players.

Now to start the pool to determine how long it will take for a mod to take this post down.

It might be partially that lots of players adjusted their team to a new (raid?) armor they got and your team didn't evolve to match that.
    And in my experience it seems that there's always at least 1 opponent on the list that is completely countered by your elements (easy win) and at least 1 that complety counters your elements (loss or very difficult win) .

And I kind of get the impression plenty of opponents seem to be picked from guildmates of people on your friendlist or people on those friends' friendlists. So I wonder if a person had a dedicated arena account that wouldn't need strong friends for other areas, the game could be coaxed into giving mostly very weak opponents...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Free player here:

I found that I got tougher opponents when I aquired the epic armours from the last raids. Lost more than usual. But once I maxed them out to 99 and used them in Arena I began to win as much as before.

I have not noticed more misses than usual. It's only human to remember misses that causes defeat but forget inconsequential ones.

llafer, I hear you.

I am (now was) a casher ($100+ /month) and have noticed SEVERAL changes that I do not like.

Arena is flat out just not worth the time or gems to get a rank that even remotely matters. And the misses are just ridiculous.
    Guild Wars T25 not worth 3k+ gems with these new rewards.
    Raid T25 not worth spending the entire weekend for 15mil.
    With all the new fusable epics, they still have not increased the epic chances or reducing the amount of 2* from chests. I bought 52 this weekend, and what did I get? A slap in the face from Gree...Tectonic and Sharksteel, a few legendaries, a handful of 3*, and the rest were 2*

Wish you all the best!
    -Tide

Really? ...

Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    In the arena last week, I was averaging 5-6k points per day, winning maybe 9 out of 10 battles until I got close to being in the top 500 after day 5.

The last two days, things changed. It started giving me impossible opponents, a larger-than-normal amount of misses, and when I do hit, when I think it should be a knock-out, it magically leaves 1 HP left so I get taken out on the next turn. I'm magically winning 1 or 2 out of every 5 battles. I end the week at 1024, just missing out on the top 1000 rewards, when I should have been in the top 500, so I'm two rewards tiers down from where I think I should be.

This week, the crap continues. I'm still winning 1 or 2 out of every 5 battles and barely top 15,000.

If I'm getting a pure random set of fights, I should not be top 500 one week then top 15000 the next. I personally think that the game is punishing those who aren't paying in gems every week or month.

I gave them $120 last month to open up the 52-chest set. It's not like I'm one of the "I won't pay for anything" players, I'll pay if I think it's worth it and I'm having fun. But pulling crap like this is not a way to earn revenue. It's a way to lose players.

Now to start the pool to determine how long it will take for a mod to take this post down.

You can't honestly think that you're being singled out or rather, that people who don't spend/gem are being singled out by the system?

The reason your rank fluctuates is because more players have gotten better armor and are competing in the Arena more frequently. Not to mention if you're getting more powerful armor and fighting in the Arena more often, you're going to notice when you start to lose. Performing an action over and over again doesn't mean that the results will stay the same. If you're on top one week and on the bottom the next, try and look into how you can improve your game, don't come to the forums and cry wolf because you think the game is cheating you.

The power fluctuation in the Arena is totally normal. I've seen days where I haven't been able to get past a 1 - 2 win streak without getting destroyed, to days where I can kill around 15 people straight. It's all about playing the Arena and eq'ing properly. Know when to fight your battles and stay your hand.

The Arena, cheat? LOL, of COURSE it cheats. You are guaranteed that your opponent will attack first. You are also going to see a lot more ? hits than your opponent, they almost always get 2 power strikes to your 1, and ranking has nothing to do with strength. If you happen to hit a day when someone pushed the "win 1, lose 4 button" .. it's just time to go read a book.

the game does not cheat it's designed that way on purpose to push people into spending money on gems.

London, England, the UK -'Capital of the World' ;-)
    After a LOT of observation & note taking, the Game does seem to make things harder around milestone streak rewards - getting 9 wins in a row by spacing out attacks & getting +2 energy at 6 wins can be very tricky these days. Data issues & game bugs make it even harder ...
    Still there are ways around it: take notes on which Knights & Top Guilds to avoid, & note down armour line up of those you fight regularly, so you can counter & beat them. A bit boring I know ( I'm partly disabled & have lots of spare time), but it does work. I have 233 wins to 4 losses so far during current Tournament, so it seems to be uaeful. And NO I do not have all DragonForged line up! Just 2 dual Heroic Epic+ Armours & a dual Epic, with 3* & 4* Amulets & Rings - some up to Level 44.

I expect there are other things you can do to improve you Arena success, but I've yet to find them. Post if you do guys ;-)
    Last edited by London Knight; 06-09-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Strange as this may sound, I have found that if you always attack the bottom person on the list you win more often than not. I have tried mixing around but last on list seems to work better. Regularly get long streaks this way. Although the longer the streak the harder opponents get, only reached 40 streak a couple of times. Btw my line up has no DF, 2 dual element + and 1 dual element Epics
    Guild Sentinel of IOS guild Sugoi Warriors.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

Uhhhh... 3 maxed DF in list (1 of them is a +), maxed 4* bling and I have no problem getting long win streaks. You just need stronger gear, I never lose

Quote Originally Posted by Regretz View Post
    Uhhhh... 3 maxed DF in list (1 of them is a +), maxed 4* bling and I have no problem getting long win streaks. You just need stronger gear, I never lose
    Well with 3 maxed DF and maxed 4 star bling I'm not surprised you never lose but I am slightly jealous 😕
    Guild Sentinel of IOS guild Sugoi Warriors.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    Strange as this may sound, I have found that if you always attack the bottom person on the list you win more often than not. I have tried mixing around but last on list seems to work better. Regularly get long streaks this way. Although the longer the streak the harder opponents get, only reached 40 streak a couple of times. Btw my line up has no DF, 2 dual element + and 1 dual element Epics
    I can vouch for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    I agree with your statement although in iOS it is more unpredictable if you are of a lower level or lower ranking in the Arena where your could face opponents that you won't be able to defeat or defeat easily.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

I always attack the last person on the list as well and I have decent success. I have noticed in the past when I actually push in the arena, that the following week I am matched against harder opponents. It could be that when you place high one week, it puts you against more people that ranked high, where as if you don't push you get people that didn't try as hard. Just a thought.
    Main knight: VirusknightX
    IOS Code: XBC-FWX-FCG
    Level: 800+
    Guild Master: Knights of Terror

My tip for the arena is that once you get to lvl 100 you will notice that people are harder to beat. Since the lvl 100 bracket of users tend to have a more variety of armor and stats. I suggest that before you fight the person to see the shadow of the user (hard to get wings), as it can show how long/hard they have been playing. More often I notice that players with the standard auto generated names are weaker.