Any Thoughts on Merging Worlds?

Evony did that as worlds became less and less active. W1 and W2 would merge into a new super world. Everyone keeps their troops and all bases whether they are 34 or 38's.

More 34's and 38's would be added to compete over. Non Active (180 days w/o logging in) would be removed.

Could bring new life into the game.

AoC - w8

It's been mention, and several possible ways it may work, but no word from gree on this.
    I think a merge that you get to keep your bases is unlikely but you never know, I would be happy if we could just move with our commanders, boosts and cores and stuff.
    So I see it as a new world for old players. Or they open an old world for old players to be able to move into. So gree control who moves where. A statment from gree on active player numbers in your world and that you have the option to move world if you want it may be a customer service thing or they may find a way to do it without. But it is possible to transfer accounts so it should be possible to do it between worlds. We live in hope.

It would be awesome if they did. Would be so much more fun teaming up with our old enemies to pummel the other world.

Best Option for a world merge would be to cut 2 world up each like a pie into X number of segments and make the world twice the size by alternating each 'pie' section around the circle/oval shaped world. In addition to making the world bigger travel time could be sped up a bit to keep rate of play reasonably the same.

There are two main consequences I see to this. One not so major you have to redo your bookmarks, no big deal. While the other will most likely hurt gree in the long run. The first month or two gree will see a lot of spending while the alliances try to show their manliness(nerdiness) as the dominant alliance, however as most of the big spenders/alliances in the worlds 1 to say 25 have more or less killed off their worlds in order to allow them to never be hit and essentially play farmville I see a lot of them leaving once they are no longer able to do so and require more in game time.

I know most people will take offense to that, but theres a reason so many worlds have more or less died and no worlds top alliances will admit that they've killed off their world. I've seen worlds where anyone in center will be capped out, Worlds where top2 alliances are allied so they have about two thirds of the total SBs and make more uv during builds then all other alliances combined then manage to kill more bp then the rest of the world combined whilst never hitting each other and worlds where the second alliance is just a feeder for boosting Bp with the promise to move people up to the main alliance.

All in all there would be a burst of fun at first, but the true reason a lot of worlds die is because the people "running" them and what they did in their old world will simply carry over to the combined resulting in a combo dead world.

Its a pickle no doubt about it.
    The best way to get longevity in a game is when everyone progresses and a similar rate, or that the game has systems in place to minimise the problems caused by imbalances.
    If gree wants to creat that longevity they need to merge worlds in a clever way they need to find a way to rank players. This doesn't have anything to do with BP or army size, it should be more like boosts, commanders gold spending.
    Then open worlds to transfer based on that ranking so we get worlds with balanced players. This will add more time to the boom less to the bust. The system should allow you to move to any world at or above your rank but never below it so if your with mates and they get in champions league world you can follow if you want but if your champions league you cannot go down unless your ranking goes down over time now and again gree could offer incentives to players to transfer if they are now exceeding the average rank for there world so as they improve they move up when appropriate.( granted these incentives may have to be big...) and also allow players to drop down if they are struggling. And they are in the bottom 5% ranking in a world.