Skill Points - Straight from the Programmers - Complicated Explanation - EASY Answer - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skill Points - Straight from the Programmers - Complicated Explanation - EASY Answer

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Attack someone 10 times in a row, and watch your attack and their defense number. Eight weeks ago the numbers wouldn't change - now in the last 2 WD events (and PvP) they do change again from one hit to the next, like the old days. And suddenly we get a skill point reset.

Hmmm...
    You are right Kefa

Like I said, when it seems the skill points are Turned OFF - your Displayed Final Attack Total on the Battle Result screen is just a Fixed reference to the Total Alliance Attack displayed in your Profile

BUT

When it appears they have the Skill Points Modifier turned ON - there is a different Final Battle Attack number displayed with each strike !
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Conclusion - once again -

If you are in WD and have intel - you will be able to adjust your target down if you begin losing against someone

If you are running down your Rivals list and you LOSE against someone - you can easily just move down to the next person

If you have 100 or 300 or 500 on attack skills - when that 4 of 12 Random Dice Roll comes up as a negative variable - then you will LOSE by the 100 or 300 or 500 skill points you spent

Go back and read that last statement again - that's important

Get it?

Your attack skill points give you GAIN in most battles - but when that Random Dice Modifier results in a negative number - those SAME skill points go just as far to LOWER your attack.

There - one more time to let it sink in

My money is still on gaining the MOST energy for FLTQ and ILTQ which happens way more each month than WD - which is the only time you HAVE to attack someone if you're not out Hunting BP. And with Intel - who cares if you have to drop down to a lower target - Gree has the WD points so nerfed that it doesn't make a difference

If GREE fixes the WD points to where a level 300 account with 20B attack could actually gain 350+ WD every hit instead of this 172 - 210 WD per hit crap - then the Attack Skill points would once again come into play

BUT

As long as Gree has WD points nerfed on Monster Accounts - what's the point of even spending one gold bar if you're only going to get Crap WD <---- Which is why SO many Monster accounts stepped back from Gold spending and eventually a lot have just retired from the game :/

Hey Gree - I will Bill you for the Consulting
    Last edited by Mcdoc; 03-20-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    Thanks McDoc for that post, I hadn't seen that original post before that I can remember. Do you have any insight on what that "secret formula" actually is in reality? Does it change depending on a players stats or is it a constant number for everyone? Like you said in your post, that secret formula multiplier wouldn't do much good if it wasn't dynamic and high enough to make any difference.
    Here is the Formula from my understanding:

Total Alliance Attack + { [ Attack Skill Points x (Fixed Formula Variable) ] x (Random Dice Roll) }

Look carefully at the ( ) nested inside the [ ] nested inside the { } to totally understand

And for the super geeks :

X + { [ Y ( Z ) ] Q } - for True Formula

X + [ ( Y x Z ) Q ] - Simplified Formula

Where:
    Total Alliance Attack = X
    Attack Skill Points = Y
    Fixed Formula Variable = Z
    Random Dice Roll Wildcard = Q

And I thought Advanced Algebra my Sophomore year would never come in handy - LoL
    Last edited by Mcdoc; 03-20-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I believe that is the single best explanation for anything in this game, ever. Thanks Mcdoc.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
    I believe that is the single best explanation for anything in this game, ever. Thanks Mcdoc.
    Yes. I totally agree. This formula is the same like the Soldier Equipment Formula.

Post Count
    Yep, because its using an array of 25 numbers (edit: its actually 40) :P

Post Count
    Thanks McDoc, best explanation we've had to date. Wonder why they gave us a single attack and defence skill piint for starters? Wonder if that was to correct an expoit if you had 0 as one of the two previously....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Thanks McDoc, best explanation we've had to date. Wonder why they gave us a single attack and defence skill piint for starters? Wonder if that was to correct an expoit if you had 0 as one of the two previously....
    Come on Buddy - you know the answer to this :-)

A zero can't be in the equation. Anything times zero will result in a zero.

With those complicated formulas in the program - you can't have any stray zeros out there messing up your complex computations :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post

Agree 100%
    You can really tell there is a lot of thought behind this that I hadn't considered. Especially how big skill points can turn against you and cause the occasional loss. Now it doesn't seem so mysterious and random. It makes me feel like I actually understand something about the mechanics of the game. Even if you're not spot on, at least I can feel better about how it works! Thanks for taking the time to put this thread together