Stat inflation again?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stat inflation again?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Stat inflation again?

With these new units being awarded. Have we hit another round in the stat inflation?

I was sure this had been asked during an AMA, so I went hunting. Just curious what the current course for stat inflation is::

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    When the decision was made a few years ago to start pushing up the value of rewards I’m not sure any of the people around thought the game would last this long! I wasn’t here at that time, so unfortunately I can’t ask them whether it was supposed to lead to stats in the billions. That being said, players may not realize this, but the inflation of stats in percentage terms has been extremely consistent (a few short accelerations and slowdowns aside) for the past few years, so ultimately, the inflation of stats was a predictable outcome of the prizes we were awarding for our events. We should have done a better job planning ahead for some of the user interface issues that occurred and keeping a better handle on the progression.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah.. But it's the "short accelerations" (usually after a series of balls ups) that do the damage

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes my theory is its to wind back some.of the valor glitch by making those units worth less. Of course it will remain just that, a theory, as gree(amongst others) seem unable to give a simple answer to a simple question.
    Last edited by sstuutss; 03-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.