Can't defend them this time.....

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't defend them this time.....

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Can't defend them this time.....

In almost every post I've ever made on this forum, I've defended Gree.

Gree are a business, and the raison d'etre of a business is to make money (hopefully profitably). Therefore Gree can do anything they like to make us part with our hard earned cash.

Similarly in almost every post I've ever made on this forum, I've argued against those who whinge and whine about how evil Gree are and that they hate the game....blah, blah, blah. To those people I say again, if you're gonna quit, quit - don't threaten that you're gonna quit (we don't care), just quit. Gree does not put a gun to your head and make you spend money.

However, for the first time ever, I'm going to go against Gree with their persistence on pushing seven-day WD events.

REMEMBERING THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, but the reason I play MW, and the reason I spend quite a lot of money doing it, is because I find it very enjoyable. My definition of a hobby is doing something you enjoy. But for the first time ever, I can truthfully say I am getting no enjoyment out of a key event in the MW calendar.

Three-day wars are pretty intense, as are the new format of three-day Frontline events, but they're still pretty enjoyable. I haven't enjoyed any part of this (and the December) seven-day WD event. It feels too much like a 'job' than a hobby. It's not the extra spending that is taking the enjoyment out of the game, that's something we who spend accept we have to do - it's the fact that we are in a 168 hour non-stop event. It's just too much.

I am not, and never will be one of the moaning, boring, whinging people who spend all their time *****ing about a hobby they don't seem to be able to let go of. I have always enjoyed this game, and if/when my enjoyment stops, I stop playing. These seven-day events are very likely to be the straw that breaks this camels back.

So, I'm just throwing out my thoughts as someone who's played for a long time, spent a lot of money and is very active in the game. I have never seen such genuine displeasure from people within my faction and other gamers I know over this format. These people aren't the whinging masses, they don't need to come in here and complain. Like me, they'll quit if they lose the enjoyment factor. I'm not there yet, but for the first time I see clouds on my MW horizon.

I'm not asking for any responses to this, it's just a stream of my consciousness whilst I sip a delightful Starbucks latte (another hobby I enjoy and spend too much money on).

1 day, 4 hours and 19 minutes left........................

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Oxford definitions -

Game: an activity that one engages in for amusement.

Amusement: The provision or enjoyment of entertainment.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You just used up all your at a boys for Gree in one complaint post. You are now in the bla bla bla whining cry baby bunch.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Gree are a business, and the raison d'etre of a business is to make money (hopefully profitably). Therefore Gree can do anything they like to make us part with our hard earned cash.
    I disagree with your emphasis. The purpose of a business is to provide a product or service to customers first, and make a profit from that. If the product is good, customers will approve and the money will follow. The business will grow.

If the emphasis becomes making money first, and not caring too much if the product falls below acceptable standards then sooner or later the money will go elsewhere. A bad company will be found out eventually.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    I completely agree. I was loathing this 7-day event as it approached and was pretty worried about keeping 59 other people motivated enough throughout the length of it to keep our rank. Add that the first 2-3 days were wrought with problems, and not being able to even log in for nearly a whole day - I nearly did quit on day 3 of this event. I came back after they fixed the login issue, and while we bounced back and are doing pretty well in the event overall, I have to admit, it hasn't been fun. I really do wish they would take some time and fix some of the ongoing bugs and issues before launching into any more events.

The game has some compelling and unique elements that make it both challenging and fun, especially when you're with a good team. But the bugs and broken parts of it sap the fun out of the parts that are fun, and I keep playing due to some misplaced hope that they'll fix some of these many broken things that reduce the fun factor.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    Rob and Kefa, I totally agree with what you are saying. One of the more interesting spin offs of this comedy of errors is that I don't care! When I first started to play ever time my base got raided I would get upset and take it personally. Slowly as I came to my senses I lost that connection to the game in that if I got raided I didn't care now the point where I just leave my base dark.

Anyhow I think that once you break that feeling of being pissed off because you've been raided or attacked that is the first sign that their control over you is gone. They want you to feel this way so you will spend more to get even and feel 'good'. Granted hard to feel good when the thing is so badly broken.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    lol well then, I guess you either have some apologies to make or its time to stop whining and just quit. Wouldn't want to come across as a hypocrite after all.

Post Count
    can honestly say 7 day WD has not bothered me 1 little bit :-) left faction day 1 after finishing EB been chilling for a whole week, with no maps missions for accounts and nice extra energy cant wait til tomorrow to see just HOW many folders i've farmed logging on 3 times a day.
    485046391 & 565411567

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I disagree with your emphasis. The purpose of a business is to provide a product or service to customers first, and make a profit from that. If the product is good, customers will approve and the money will follow. The business will grow.

If the emphasis becomes making money first, and not caring too much if the product falls below acceptable standards then sooner or later the money will go elsewhere. A bad company will be found out eventually.
    Not for businesses that runs off addicts . Cigarette companies could start putting dog poop in there smokes and not lose a penny.
    Have you loved your llama today?

Consistent Contributor Theblacklamp's Avatar
    Post Count
    I just want them to fix match ups. 36 matchups in a row against top 150 factions is a crock of crap. Highest stat player is 5 billion. No reason to be matched up against teams where the lowest player is 15 billion+
    Trample the Weak.......Hurdle the Dead

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Does it matter if its a 30 day WD, or other incessant, never ending strings amorphous events?
    Not really, as it seems that every minute, of every hour, of every day that you CHOOSE to obey the tasks laid out for you by those you permit to direct your actions in this game; you'll be DEWIN SUMPIN.
    So, seven day WD, or not, think of this game as a large cruise ship.
    The friendly cruise director has planned your voyage to keep you occupied, engaged, and busied with things to take your mind off the real world.
    With that said, ALL ABOARD for the LOVE BOAT cruise to nowhere!!!
    Bon voyage, bonjour, bonsoir mon ami!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    @ Kefa. When did they fix the log in issue. I'm still having trouble

Post Count
    Rob, when you post that no one makes anyone pay or play, and then say that you just accept that spending more money is just what you have to do to participate........... doesn't make sense dude. You are locked in a downward logic spiral there my friend.
    -
    As you say, if you don't like what Gree "make" you do - like 7 day events that are here to stay as they know that you guys that just accept that you now have to spend even more money just to tread water, and will - then quit buddy. You will feel a lot better. If for no other reason than you wont have to shoulder the burden of defending the indefensible.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 03-17-2015 at 11:29 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The money, time and so is the choice is yours ☠.........moo™������

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post

Sorry, but you are wrong... the sole purpose of a business is to make money. If that means the top 10% of spenders need to support the game, so be it. Gree is not a charity, they are not here to offer free service and rewards, the employees are working individuals and their livelihood depends on profit.

I'm not trying to support the faults that have come about, I only say that you are wrong when trying to describe the goal of a business.