Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

[Player Appreciation Month] Design An Epic Boss

For Official Rules, please click here. If you are a minor, your legal guardian will have to agree to accept the Official Rules. Please see the Official Rules for details.

If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at designing a character for a game, now’s your chance! We are holding a “Design an Epic Boss” Contest! Create a unique character worthy of battling in Knights and Dragons! The winning submission will be used to create an Epic Boss that will appear in the game!

Ten finalist entries will be chosen by the Community Management, Social Media, and Game Development Teams. The final winner will be determined by community vote!

Contest Schedule

• April 13th through April 19th (12 Midnight PDT) - Entries Accepted
    • April 20th - Ten Finalists Announced
    • April 20th through April 26th (12 Midnight PDT) - Community Voting
    • April 27th - Winner Announced

Where to Submit Your Entry

There are two ways to submit your entry. Please only submit each entry once. Do not submit duplicate entries.

Option 1: Submit via Forum
    • Please post your entries in this official thread.
    • If including images/artwork, please use an image uploader website such as Imgur.

Option 2: Submit via Email
    • Send your submission to socialmedia@gree.net
    • Subject Line MUST read: [Knights & Dragons: Design An Epic Boss Contest]

Those email submissions that do not have the correct subject line will be automatically disqualified.

Rules

• In order to be eligible, your submission must adhere to the following rules
    • Your submission must adhere to GREE’s Terms of Service
    • Your submission must adhere to the GREE Forum’s Code of Conduct, particularly the following points in the Code of Conduct regarding:
      - Abusive and/or Disrespectful Content towards other Players and Staff
      - Obscene, Vulgar, and Inappropriate Text/Images/Links
      - Racial, Ethnic, Nationality Posts
      - Politics and Religion/Religious Figures
    • Your submission must be your own original idea and cannot infringe on the copyrights of another individual, corporation or entity
    • Submissions must fit within the theme and feel of Knights & Dragons

Submission Requirements

When submitting your entry (via email or on the forums), you MUST include the following

• The name of the Epic Boss (please keep name in theme with the game)
    • A description and/or artwork of what your Epic Boss looks like
    • Suggested Element(s)
    • Your Friend Code

Judging Criteria

Your entry will be judged on the following criteria

• Creativity
    • How well your entry fits the theme of Knights & Dragons

Prizes

Ten Finalists
    • 65 Gems

Top Winner
    • 200 Gems

Restrictions and Conditions

• Limited to 3 entries per participant
    • Prizes can only be distributed to the game you are designing for
    • Maximum one participation prize per person
    • Final submission acceptance and eligibility is at the discretion of GREE
    • Your Friend Code must be submitted with your entry in order to be eligible to receive a prize
    • Final implementation and depiction of the winning entry will be at the discretion and final approval of GREE
    • While the contest winners will be announced April 27th please note that final implementation of the winning Boss will be done at a future date and will be announced on the GREE forums.
    • GREE reserves the right to alter or revoke a winning entry at its discretion if it is found that the entry does not comply to the rules of the contest

My first entry

My first entry is the Mothman. He is the silent warrior who appears before a tragedy happens, usually getting blamed.

Here he is.
    http://imgur.com/aKC0IgT

Via request I have drawn the craftable armor. (I forgot to draw the bottom of the shoulder pads, sorry. Will try to fix that.)
    http://imgur.com/CHLh8Ic

He is a Spirit/Air boss and either drops Mothman Feathers or the Mothman Spearhead. For a back story you can use as a quest, Mothman appears outside the kingdom but no one knows why. It turns out the Dark Prince is plotting and terrorizing the kingdom and everyone is blaming it on the Mothman, the hero must ask around in the arena for more clues and fight the Mothman for answers. The armor would be Vesture of Warning and would be almost solid black with the red eyes and that spear turned into an axe. Thanks and enjoy!

Name: Kyle Katarn 101
    Friend Code: XBW-HCY-BHF
    Guild: Jesus Is God
    Last edited by Kyle Katarn; 04-14-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added craftable armor

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Katarn View Post
    My first entry is the Mothman. He is the silent warrior who appears before a tragedy happens, usually getting blamed.

Here he is.
    http://imgur.com/aKC0IgT

He is a Spirit/Air boss and either drops Cursed Feathers or the Mothman Spearhead. For a back story you can use as a quest, Mothman appears outside the kingdom but no one knows why. It turns out the Dark Prince is plotting and terrorizing the kingdom and everyone is blaming it on the Mothman, the hero must ask around in the arena for more clues and fight the Mothman for answers. The armor would be Vesture of Warning and would be solid black with the red eyes and that spear. Thanks and enjoy!

You really wanted to be the first one aren't ya
    "Fight for your ideals, don't waste them away"
    Helios_Max

Yup (gets people looking)

No one else is entering so I'll post my second entry

Why isn't anyone entering on the forums? Oh well, my second entry is the Chobake. It is short for Chochi Obake which is a type of cursed lantern in Japanese folklore.

Chobake
    http://imgur.com/6202enU

Via Request I have added the craftable armor.
    http://imgur.com/JkXdXWE
    (Due to a technicality this card will have a shield.)

It is a Spirit/Fire boss and it's special attack sends a raining flurry of fireballs from the sky. The boss's effect is smoke coming out of its mouth and it floating and bobbing up and down. It drops Cursed Wisps (The flame inside of it). For a story that you can use for questing, Morgan and Gwen are having one of their usual spats. Gwen gets so frustrated she accidentally sends a spell flying at Morgan who dodges it. It strikes a lamp hanging up around the arena (which was hanging for a special festival). It comes alive and attacks everyone. It camouflages with the other decorations so it's hard to find. You have to rally the arena fighters and your friends to help you flush it out. You are able to drive it out of the kingdom but not destroy it. Morgan and Gwen make up and Gwen promises never to use magic in her anger again. (I believe the Japanese words I put on the Chobake meant Death Lantern or Death Lamp, I forgot to write it down.) The armor you can craft from it is called the Cursed Flamemail. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Last edited by Kyle Katarn; 04-20-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Added armor link

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Katarn View Post
    Why isn't anyone entering on the forums? Oh well, my second entry is the Chobake. It is short for Chochi Obake which is a type of cursed lantern in Japanese folklore.

Chobake
    http://imgur.com/6202enU

It is a Spirit/Fire boss and it's special attack sends a raining flurry of fireballs from the sky. The boss's effect is smoke coming out of its mouth and it floating and bobbing up and down. It drops Cursed Wisps (The flame inside of it). For a story that you can use for questing, Morgan and Gwen are having one of their usual spats. Gwen gets so frustrated she accidentally sends a spell flying at Morgan who dodges it. It strikes a lamp hanging up around the arena (which was hanging for a special festival). It comes alive and attacks everyone. It camouflages with the other decorations so it's hard to find. You have to rally the arena fighters and your friends to help you flush it out. You are able to drive it out of the kingdom but not destroy it. Morgan and Gwen make up and Gwen promises never to use magic in her anger again. (I believe the Japanese words I put on the Chobake meant Death Lantern or Death Lamp, I forgot to write it down.) The armor you can craft from it is called the Cursed Flamemail. It has a helmet slightly in the shape of the Chobake with wrappings on the body, you can create the rest. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Is there any drawings or stuff of the Epic Armor bro? I think that is what u are missing if u want to attract ppl, just saying.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

I think *Design a Raid Boss* would be a lot more involved...
    ~ Katty, Proud Member of Rainbow Clay, Royal Cat of Sarah, Carrying Member of Rainbow Alliance ~

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/stephenhaw627123.html
    This is my ying-yang dragon design!

http://imgur.com/Z7pb4RE

It is an air/earth epic boss with a wood looking under design and a feather head dress look to it the ying-yang dragon has wood chip partical design falling from the stomach area on the ground! During a regular attack it swipes players with its clays but during its special attack it shoots wood slivers at the players as if it where breathing fire!

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/stephenhaw627123.html

My epic boss design

My epic boss design!

Ying-Yang Dragon epic boss

http://imgur.com/rlgAicZ

The epic boss is earth/air the dragons head looks like it's wearing a feather head dress and the bottom of it is wood themed! The dragons normal attack is a swipe with its sharp claws the special attack of the dragon breaths wood shards To appear like a fire affect

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Is there any drawings or stuff of the Epic Armor bro? I think that is what u are missing if u want to attract ppl, just saying.
    Drawings? Click on the link? It should take you to the picture? Is the link not showing up or something?

Oh wait, do you mean the armor you can craft by beating the boss? No I haven't drawn that yet? Would people like to see that?

The Salatorc

http://imgur.com/pp1tTMd

Born of fire yet thriving in the deepest depths of the sea what could have drawn such a creature from such a depth. In the downfall of the dark Prince many evils are coming to reclaim the land for there own and only time will tell who or what will concur over all.

Beware The Salatorc with razor teeth, claws, and spiked tentacles not only will he slice, puncture and bite but he is surrounded by an aura of blazing blue flames that grow with his anger.
    Elements: Fire/Water

Name: NK Xidus
    Guild: NK Massive
    Friend code: WBR-GPP-CCD
    Name: NK Xidus
    Guild: NK Massive
    Friend Code: WBR-GPP-CCD

Quote Originally Posted by Sean A Roberts View Post
    Kyle I'm sorry if this angers or offends you but all I see is a tampon version of towelie from south park blowing smoke lol my mind won't let me see lantern
    No, it's fine. I know I'm definitely not the best artist. If you could draw it better please do, I would appreciate it. I hope you can get the concept.