Threaded View

Work In Progress

Posting a placeholder like last time. Will update this while drawing c:

Armor: Divine Warden

Artwork:
    Link: http://i.imgur.com/Dsp0iaK.png

Description:
    I'm trying the archangel theme again, but this time I'm going the guardian/paladin route instead of the more mage-like design I had for the last contest. Oh, and I just had to make a spear with swirling decorations, because for some reason, I think it looks really fancy.

The armor is supposed to give off this "guardian of the sky"/archangel feeling while still not being a clump of steel. It's mostly a personal preference, but I like light armor that uses both steel and cloth, which is the reason for there being no helmet in this concept art. (And I can't draw helmets either... ) There's a silver chestplate with golden decorations. The armor is supposed to be different on each side with the right side having the cross decoration and a larger shoulder plate while the left side has a fairly flat gauntlet and the golden wing bracelet. There are wing/feather decorations scattered across the armor. (on the gauntlets, the headpiece, the lance, the sleeves, etc.) The headpiece is a simple golden half-mask with feathers. The cross decoration at the waist is supposed to hold the dark red and gold mantle. I did not draw any object for the armor's right hand, since I thought that it would be too much to include a second weapon, and a shield would kind of defeat the purpose of the "light armor" theme. Actually, the lance should be a two-handed weapon, but I guess it doesn't really work in-game. Anyways, the swirling things around the lance are iron decorations. They're mostly there because I think they look fancy, but it'd probably hurt if you got impaled by that lance.

Elements: Air/Fire

KnD Friend Code: XBC-WBH-CYV
    Last edited by Anton-kun; 04-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.