Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

[Player Appreciation Month] Design A Dragonforged Armor

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR THE WINNER

For Official Rules, please click here. If you are a minor, your legal guardian will have to agree to accept the Official Rules. Please see the Official Rules for details.

If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at designing an armor for the game, now’s your chance! Knights & Dragons is holding a “Design A Dragonforged Armor” Contest! Create a unique armor worthy of being worn by the most awesome of knights! The winning submission will be used to create an Dragonforged Armor that will be released in game!

Ten finalist entries will be chosen by the Community Management, Social Media, and Game Development Teams. The final winner will be determined by community vote!

Contest Schedule

• April 6th through April 12th (12 Midnight PDT) - Entries Accepted
    • April 13th - Ten Finalists Announced
    • April 13th through April 19th (12 Midnight PDT) - Community Voting
    • April 20th - Winner Announced

Where to Submit Your Entry

There are two ways to submit your entry. Please only submit each entry once. Do not submit duplicate entries.

Option 1: Submit via Forum
    • Please post your entries in this official thread.
    • If including images/artwork, please use an image uploader website such as Imgur.

Option 2: Submit via Email
    • Send your submission to socialmedia@gree.net
    • Subject Line MUST read: [Knights & Dragons: Design A Dragonforged Armor Contest]

Those email submissions that do not have the correct subject line will be automatically disqualified.

Rules

• In order to be eligible, your submission must adhere to the following rules
    • Your submission must adhere to GREE’s Terms of Service
    • Your submission must adhere to the GREE Forum’s Code of Conduct, particularly the following points in the Code of Conduct regarding:
      - Abusive and/or Disrespectful Content towards other Players and Staff
      - Obscene, Vulgar, and Inappropriate Text/Images/Links
      - Racial, Ethnic, Nationality Posts
      - Politics and Religion/Religious Figures
    • Your submission must be your own original idea and cannot infringe on the copyrights of another individual, corporation or entity
    • Submissions must fit within the theme and feel of Knights & Dragons

Submission Requirements

When submitting your entry (via email or on the forums), you MUST include the following

• The name of the Armor (please keep name in theme with the game)
    • A description and/or artwork of what your Armor looks like
    • Suggested Element(s)
    • Your Friend Code

Judging Criteria

Your entry will be judged on the following criteria

• Creativity
    • How well your entry fits the theme of Knights & Dragons

Prizes

Ten Finalists
    • 65 Gems

Top Winner
    • 200 Gems
    • Winning Armor

Restrictions and Conditions

• Limited to 3 entries per participant
    • Prizes can only be distributed to the game you are designing for
    • Maximum one participation prize per person
    • Final submission acceptance and eligibility is at the discretion of GREE
    • Your Friend Code must be submitted with your entry in order to be eligible to receive a prize
    • Final implementation and depiction of the winning entry will be at the discretion and final approval of GREE
    • While the contest winners will be announced April 20th please note that final implementation of the winning Armor will be done at a future date and will be announced on the GREE forums.
    • GREE reserves the right to alter or revoke a winning entry at its discretion if it is found that the entry does not comply to the rules of the contest
    Last edited by Tadaaah; 04-06-2015 at 05:50 PM.

The Bright of Dragonkin, the Symbol of Man-Dragon

The Bright of Dragonkin

The Bright of Dragonkin is related to the diplomatic relationship of Man-Dragon. Only those worthy of their trust, the heroes would pass into some impossible challenges in order to win the respect of the Elder Dragons and to succeed to defeat one of their Dark Brethren, affected by the magic of the Dark Lord or known as the father of the Dark Prince. Therefore, many have tried but many have perished....except for one group of powerful warriors. Those who succeed will go into a sacred place, far beyond our imagination and our world, where their mortal bodies will be transformed into pure, magically celestial armor. This armor bounds the both powers of Water and Fire, as a symbol of the Ancient Age where the Mythical Water and Fire Dragons made a pact which their lands will be united as one, forming the Elder Council of the Celestial Dragons (This doesn't have any reference to the event of the Celestial Dragons from the game).

Link to the entry drawing!

http://imgur.com/eoKTQC5
    http://imgur.com/f1xp6dj

PS: Thank you Xenia for inspiring me <3

About the armor itself:

The Bright of Dragonkin is an offensive Fire/Water Armor, which makes it design to be Dual-Sword Wielder rather to be the classic Sword-Shield style. Both swords have the same aspect as the one in the photo. ( Well, I could have done better work on the skull detail but nahhh ) Anyway, on the color I will not have that decision because I only like to finish my drawings on Black-White type and... that I love the way GREE choose the colors. As for the auras... The helmet will have some sort of....dense aura, slowly 'escaping' from its eyes. For the body, some aquatic effect and where the little cape is located a fire effect to add more attraction to it. For the swords it's obvious, one with aquatic aura and the other with some infernal aspect.

Friend Code: WBF-PFD-HVV
    Last edited by Helios_Max; 04-08-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    "Fight for your ideals, don't waste them away"
    Helios_Max

Knights and Dragons: Design a Dragonforge
    Friend Code: XBN-FVF-YRH
    Demonic Playgear
    Fire/Spirit
    http://imgur.com/GafVINl

Knights and dragons: Design a Dragonforge
    Friend code: XBN-FVF-YRH
    Demonic Playgear
    Fire/Spirit
    http://imgur.com/GafVINl

Hallowed Drake Vestment

The name of the armor I think should be a new dragon forged armor is the Hallowed Drake Vestment. It looks like a normal drake when looking at the top part but it is mostly spiked around the shoulders and arms.
    I would suggest having the two elements fire/magic. Giving that it says that it is a Hallow drake, that means it is undead. But the magic glow should be around the back connected to the helm, and the fire aspect should be around the legs and behind boots.

My friend code is: WBR-FWN-CRZ

Armor Detail Extras

The color should be red and purple and maybe with blue in between. The weapons it holds can be the usuall sword-shield but the shield could be a dragon skull with the horns on it. The skull itself will be purple and the horns would be red. Now the sword will be mostly red with a center cut down the middle of it with a purple glow. (Hopefully I win because I would like to see how cool they make it for the game.)
    Last edited by Andrew Schwartz; 04-06-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios_Max View Post
    The Bright of Dragonkin

The Bright of Dragonkin is related to the diplomatic relationship of Man-Dragon. Only those worthy of their trust, the heroes would pass into some impossible challenges in order to win the respect of the Elder Dragons and to succeed to defeat one of their Dark Brethren, affected by the magic of the Dark Lord or known as the father of the Dark Prince. Therefore, many have tried but many have perished....except for one group of powerful warriors. Those who succeed will go into a sacred place, far beyond our imagination and our world, where their mortal bodies will be transformed into pure, magically celestial armor. This armor bounds the both powers of Water and Fire, as a symbol of the Ancient Age where the Mythical Water and Fire Dragons made a pact which their lands will be united as one, forming the Elder Council of the Celestial Dragons (This doesn't have any reference to the event of the Celestial Dragons from the game).

Link to the entry drawing!

http://imgur.com/oHAiZh3

About the armor itself:

The Bright of Dragonkin is an offensive Fire/Water Armor, which makes it design to be Dual-Sword Wielder rather to be the classic Sword-Shield style. Both swords have the same aspect as the one in the photo. ( Well, I could have done better work on the skull detail but nahhh ) Anyway, on the color I will not have that decision because I only like to finish my drawings on Black-White type and... that I love the way GREE choose the colors. As for the auras... The helmet will have some sort of....dense aura, slowly 'escaping' from its eyes. For the body, some aquatic effect and where the little cape is located a fire effect to add more attraction to it. For the swords it's obvious, one with aquatic aura and the other with some infernal aspect.
    Wow,you've done a great job again Robert..a winner candidate there..i've yet to start drawing one..

Thanks mate! Well honestly this is gonna be my only entry for this contest. Besides I think that I'm gonna update my entry few times in adding more details to the drawing. I'll wait to see your entry!
    Last edited by Helios_Max; 04-07-2015 at 02:31 AM. Reason: the M got eaten XD
    Helios_Max

Work In Progress

Posting a placeholder like last time. Will update this while drawing c:

Armor: Divine Warden

Artwork:
    Link: http://i.imgur.com/Dsp0iaK.png

Description:
    I'm trying the archangel theme again, but this time I'm going the guardian/paladin route instead of the more mage-like design I had for the last contest. Oh, and I just had to make a spear with swirling decorations, because for some reason, I think it looks really fancy.

The armor is supposed to give off this "guardian of the sky"/archangel feeling while still not being a clump of steel. It's mostly a personal preference, but I like light armor that uses both steel and cloth, which is the reason for there being no helmet in this concept art. (And I can't draw helmets either... ) There's a silver chestplate with golden decorations. The armor is supposed to be different on each side with the right side having the cross decoration and a larger shoulder plate while the left side has a fairly flat gauntlet and the golden wing bracelet. There are wing/feather decorations scattered across the armor. (on the gauntlets, the headpiece, the lance, the sleeves, etc.) The headpiece is a simple golden half-mask with feathers. The cross decoration at the waist is supposed to hold the dark red and gold mantle. I did not draw any object for the armor's right hand, since I thought that it would be too much to include a second weapon, and a shield would kind of defeat the purpose of the "light armor" theme. Actually, the lance should be a two-handed weapon, but I guess it doesn't really work in-game. Anyways, the swirling things around the lance are iron decorations. They're mostly there because I think they look fancy, but it'd probably hurt if you got impaled by that lance.

Elements: Air/Fire

KnD Friend Code: XBC-WBH-CYV
    Last edited by Anton-kun; 04-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton-kun View Post
    Posting a placeholder like last time. Will update this while drawing c:

Armor: I'll decide the name soon, but let's call it Aegis of the Sky Warden for now.

Artwork:
    Link: http://i.imgur.com/aGvDFI0.png

Description:
    I'm trying the archangel theme again, but this time I'm going the guardian/paladin route instead of the more mage-like design I had for the last contest. Oh, and I just had to make a spear with swirling decorations, because for some reason, I think it looks really fancy.

Will post a short description of the armor's appearance here when I'm done/almost finished.

Elements: Air/Fire

KnD Friend Code: XBC-WBH-CYV
    Now that's what I call a improve! Nice job on this one Anton, I really want to see the final result... maybe you could give me some leaked progress of it on LINE
    Helios_Max

Name: Aegis of Entropy

Elements: Water/Air

Friend Code: WBB-CWW-QVG

Image 1
    Image 2

Description: This armor is based around the forces of chaos that disrupt the peace of the Kingdom. Manifested into an armor, it can bring order to an orderless world.

Armor name: I dont know yet
    Element(s): Water
    Friend Code: XBN-BDW-DDR

I want the water on the armor to move. I also want the gol and the eyes to shine

@Helios_Max: Looks awesome! You have my vote when this gets in the finale
    Last edited by Roy DW; 04-07-2015 at 07:58 AM.

http://imgur.com/SNVvJop

Name: origin guardian
    Elements: earth fire
    Friend code: WCC-VYV-XZG

Name: Time-Destroyer Armor
    Elements: Spirt and Earth
    Friend code: WCD-BBR-PWW

This armor is worn by time travelers not only looking to defend the time stream from evil using the forces of spirits past and controlling nature for complete and utter destruction wherever the armorholder chooses.

http://imgur.com/pYBDfPk?desktop=1

My first entry is the Aegis of the Forest's Soul. It's armor effect is green steam rising from the armor and shield and the blade is glittering. It is Mono Earth and has extremely high Defense.

Here is a close up of the armor.
    http://imgur.com/do3eG1R

Here is the second time I drew the armor. (I messed up on the helmet, it's disproportioned.) This one includes the legs, shield, and weapon.
    http://imgur.com/X5zQg32

I didn't bother with the colors but I would like the skirt and gloves to be a black or brown and the rest of the armor to be a faded, dark green or creamy white. (I apologize for my lack of artistic abilities.)
    Name: Kyle Katarn 101
    Friend Code: XBW-HCY-BHF
    Guild: Jesus Is God