Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Heroic Mode Finished - 16 Crystals

Just Checking on who has gotten all the crystals - please share.

3.5 hours into event

almost 3 days in

5 days in

If your not done GOOD LUCK !!!!

p.s. It was not easy - it was very much like a job.
    Last edited by HRDerbySean; 03-16-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Guild: Skywarriors

Ign: Achilles - Guild Master

Guild Page: http://goo.gl/CtxUqQ

Congrats. How many gems did you spend and what kind of percentage of drops did you end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    Congrats. How many gems did you spend and what kind of percentage of drops did you end up with?
    oh - good point! used about 100 potions and 150 gems.

The drop rate got better as the levels got harder.

On Kingdom of Darkness I got eight shards in 9 attempts - I was floored!
    Last edited by HRDerbySean; 03-16-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    Guild: Skywarriors

Ign: Achilles - Guild Master

Guild Page: http://goo.gl/CtxUqQ

I'm currently on KOD stage.... 5/16 shard drops. Fortunately I was off from work last week so I was able to hammer the Heroic Mode. Unfortunately I had to start gemming last night against the Dark Prince since I'm back to work. I decided on Saturday that I was all in on the plus since I had to get rid of about 400 armors to craft the regular version. Not happy about the drop rates and most likely this is my last attempt at the plus unless they add some more days. Heroic Mode has turned into an epic fail.

150 gems! Exactly what Gree wanted my friend! Sorry to say but you played right into their hands. It is not possible to finish Epic plus without spending, playing non stop or being miraculously lucky! I have spent plenty of potions but no gems and I might finish with 12-13 crystals, if my drop rate does not get worse(if that is even possible) around 50 runs on Sparkling Steps for 6 shards! It's taken me about 10-12 days for previous Epic+ depending on time spent playing.
    Guild Sentinel of IOS guild Sugoi Warriors.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

upload gambar

image hosting 30 mb

post a picture

post images
    I need 18 more fragments . I guess I will make it in time for the plus , or may have to gem a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    150 gems! Exactly what Gree wanted my friend! Sorry to say but you played right into their hands. It is not possible to finish Epic plus without spending, playing non stop or being miraculously lucky! I have spent plenty of potions but no gems and I might finish with 12-13 crystals, if my drop rate does not get worse(if that is even possible) around 50 runs on Sparkling Steps for 6 shards! It's taken me about 10-12 days for previous Epic+ depending on time spent playing.
    My perspective on it is this...... I don't have a problem spending a few gems for something like the Heroic Mode Plus. I'm under 50 gems with two shards to go. So if I pay 100 gems total and work real hard for an Epic Plus, I'm alright with that. If I have to spend considerably more gems for the plus epic then I simply won't do it. If they leave this event at 7 days I'm done. I got lucky this time because I happened to be on vacation. In the future I'll get whatever stuff is available for free and be satisfied with that.

I hope it was Gree's intention that people STOP playing Heroic Mode.

Already crafting my epic plus. 1 day 18hours more to go. Spent 150 pots and 10 gems. I leveled around 50 level for this heroic.

it bothers me that some people have better luck with the drops. i got the normal but after that the drop rate dropped to around 10% or less(some stages are horrible for me with no shards dropping). It is disheartening to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Calling View Post
    it bothers me that some people have better luck with the drops. i got the normal but after that the drop rate dropped to around 10% or less(some stages are horrible for me with no shards dropping). It is disheartening to the player.
    Maybe they should add a chance modifier based on the length of your non-drop or drop streak. The longer your non-drop/drop streak the higher the chance the next one is the other.
    But that modifier would probably need to be stored server-side or people might cheat it (though I don't think I see a "connecting" now before drop/non-drop; I wonder where and at which point that drop/non-drop coinflip is done...)
    Last edited by Marco_; 03-16-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

London, England, the UK -'Capital of the World' ;-)
    Started crafting plus Armour with around 38 hours left on event. Luckily at Dark Castle & got Crystal from after 10 tries. Generally good drop rate - barring Guardian's Crossing - & used about 105+ Potions & 70-80 Gems. Plus is well worth it. Good job I completed it with time to spare, as I can't log onto game this afternoon ... grrrr
    Okay I can play 24/7, others aren't so fortunate. Good luck in get those Crystal in time guys ;-)

I just now started crafting the normal version. I decided this time to follow the zones. First two, I would say average drop rate. Next three, ~40 attempts each until I received the 8 shards. The last three that I did: 50+ attempts. That is an abysmal drop rate. I am happy for all those that were/are able to get the heroic+ version, but keep in mind that there are those of us that played hard, fought often, but have had extremely bad "luck". After the first two zones I never once received two shards on consecutive attempts. Personally I feel that there is something more than a RNG happening with this event now. To those that have obtained/will obtain the + version, did you notice any patterns (i.e. more frequent drops when using friends, purchasing recharge of energy with gems, jumping from low level to high level zones, etc)?

Done and Done...... less than 50 gems and slightly over 100 potions. No more of that unless they increase the days. Can't imagine they'll schedule Heroic Mode during my vacation time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mos20 View Post
    How dare he spend gems that he earned and/or purchased on something he wants!? The gall of some people, right!?

I congratulate the ones of you who could get to collect 16 crystals, although all of you seem to have bought it.

As mentioned elsewhere, I gave up on Heroic mode days ago when I was at about half the shards I had last time (when it took me a good 13 days to complete, despite having great armor, good friends and spent lots of time with it). Today, although I was playing pretty much all day (since ~ 12 hours), and the game dropped me mind-boggling 4 shards. This is so ridiculous, I'm out of words (just for the record, I wouldn't if I would just have battled with EB+ armor). Imagine how many times I have run through these stages today, many dozens of times...for 4 shards.

For Gree's eyes: I like to challenge myself and not to buy myself wins, but still, during last event, I have spent a few dozen gems for convenience purposes (like when I had really bad luck or whatever), this very time however I spent: zero. 0. Nada. And I'm proud of it. I will not support something that doesn't bring me any fun, and where the goal is out of reach. Fix the drop rates - it is impossible to have most of us go through a stage for 10 or more times just to get 1 single shard. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GAME!!! I don't even need this armor, I have better ones. I just like the challenge, I like to play. But this is no challenge, and this part of the game is not 'game' anymore.
    Last edited by roookey1; 03-16-2015 at 03:44 PM.