Serious question for moderators, Gree, regarding the terms of service

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious question for moderators, Gree, regarding the terms of service

Banned
    Post Count

Serious question for moderators, Gree, regarding the terms of service

Recently I have seen some accounts banned permanently, not for cheating or hacking, but allegedly because they were transferred from the original owner to a new player after the original owner had decided to stop playing the game.

At the same time, I am aware of a number of accounts in Crime City which are still active, but also no longer being played by the original owner.

I am aware that such transfers are a violation of the TOS. For a while, it appeared Gree didn't care so long as the new owner was actively purchasing gold, similar to other TOS violations that Gree selectively ignores (selling uzis/bricks for in game cash, etc, as has been clarified as acceptable by moderators on this forum).

It's now become quite apparent that Gree no longer feels that account transfers are acceptable, if they ever were. If Gree is interested in enforcing this policy across all teams, or at least with a goal of shaking any of these accounts out of the game, I would like to know what SPECIFIC evidence is required for support to go forward with a permanent account ban.

I ask for specifics, because I have seen accounts in The Art of War reported, accounts everyone in the game know are transferred, yet the accounts keep playing. At the same time, it is disheartening to see accounts played by friends suddenly banned for doing the same thing.

We all want a fair game. It's time to enforce this policy consistently, or not at all. Please tell the forum what to provide when reporting accounts. In the event that Art of War accounts are playing by a different set of rules and don't get banned regardless of any and all evidence provided, a public statement to this effect would be equally appreciated.

Thanks.

Banned
    Post Count
    If anyone is wondering what brought this up, it appears that The Art of War, probably frustrated at being unable to beat SAS head to head and complete streaks, not to mention finally losing first place to SAS, has resorted to reporting accounts.

The Art of War has been selling accounts for a very long time. It appears the board policy is that if the accounts stays in TAW, it is fine. If it goes to another syndicate, that's fine too. If it goes to SAS, it gets reported.

I am not sure if I am going to report any accounts or not. My personal feelings is that people should be able to do what they want with the accounts, but I also understand that my personal feelings are meaningless against the TOS. I will say this, however: I would advise ANYONE with a transferred account to NOT join The Art of War. If you're in TAW with a transferred account now, I suggest you leave.

Reporting accounts is messed up. But having a whole syndicate selling accounts to the community, and then selectively reporting the ones you don't want to see on an opponent, is far worse. FC/TAW have now banned four accounts. SAS has banned zero. Just because TAW is a rats nest doesn't mean SAS should stoop to their level and rat back. But I genuinely don't know what to do when I see a TOS policy so unfairly enforced, and they obviously are too childish to take their losses without resorting to something like this.
    Last edited by montecore; 03-11-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Post Count
    About time this gets enforced. Apologies will be accepted in private message form... No need to abase yourselves publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    About time this gets enforced. Apologies will be accepted in private message form... No need to abase yourselves publicly.
    Personally I wish they would just ignore it, but I also understand why they have the policy. It's being enforced. If they aren't going to back off the policy they need to enforce it consistently.

I'm really not sure what to do. Some of the old TAW accounts are on top 100 teams, top 50s, top 10s. The only reasonable thing to do is rat any transferred accounts on TAW until they are banned, and if not, just make sure the whole community knows about this. But I don't want to rat anyone, even TAW scum who bought a TAW scum account.

If anyone has any suggestions other than "just let them ban all the transferred accounts in SAS they can find while you let them keep all their transferred accounts" I would love to hear them.

Post Count
    Offer the ones in lower syndicates spots on SAS until they get banned. That would probably work for most of them. Nothing you can do about the ones currently in fight club and still spending fight club levels of gold.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Offer the ones in lower syndicates spots on SAS until they get banned. That would probably work for most of them. Nothing you can do about the ones currently in fight club and still spending fight club levels of gold.
    SAS made Fight Club rage quit (in tears!) a while ago. If TAW accounts are immune from TOS violations, that's fine, I just want a moderator to state it as a fact and not just our projection based on how the rules are applied so differently.

Post Count
    Of course they'll never make it official, but they're also not going to ban their top spenders. That should be obvious.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Post Count
    One of the accounts that was banned hit the 10k bonus 11 times one year. How is that not a big spender?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    JHC monte just stop it. now.

no one cares about SAS Vs the world other than SAS, and even then its mainly you. please just leave it alone now, no one cares.

Also do you realise how much of a whiney sore loser you sound with all these pathetic threads?

get over the fact that you are not wanted in the No1 team on this game and move on.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    Employees at Gree are allowed to shuffle an account between them to keep it active.

Real money spending players are not expected to do the same thing.

Hope that clears it up.

Post Count
    *among them.

Sorry Grammar Nazi.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    One of the accounts that was banned hit the 10k bonus 11 times one year. How is that not a big spender?
    By "big spenders" I meant their BIGGEST spenders. You deal with people in this game that I pretty much ignore... how does that amount compare to the top 20 spenders in Fight Club? It's all relative. That kind of spending probably buys you a lot of leniency from the game administrators, but not enough, obviously.

I'd love to see every cheater in Fight Club banned too, but I also recognize that favoritism exists.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    The problem is not anymore though. After spending that much money for so long, it is no longer necessary for the top accounts.

That is in fact the problem right now.

You can only get so big before getting bigger just doesn't matter that much anymore.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Are they still hitting the 10k bonus?
    "Spending big" and "spent big" are two entirely different players.

Anyway, I've always advocated against the double-standard with transferred accounts.
    The most we can do is report and let GREE sort them out.

Post Count
    Yeah, past tense to get OP doesn't work so well for Tanaka-San's profits right now.

You're as good as your last 10k gold bonus in his eyes bro.