The problem with PvP events

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: The problem with PvP events

  1. #1
    Prominent Poet Pidgeot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Post Count
    1,841

    The problem with PvP events

    The event itself is great and I'm glad to see it but these type of events should exclude buildings. This was the same problem with the wind farms. People would not reset their Wind Farms which resulted in players not completing the goal. As a player, why would I reset my Command Center? Why would others do it? The collect all button would break it because most Command Centers are synced with other 24 hour buildings, like mine are.

    I would just say this is a oversight but given the news with EB overlayed with WD, I would say this is a stupid move. I'm going to do the courteous and leave mine up but thats still only one attack for that day. The building should have been a smaller building with many "Up" times during the days with no more then the hour payout buildings.

    I mean come on, did you guys take any game theory classes?

  2. #2
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Post Count
    92
    good luck with 2/3

  3. #3
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFister View Post
    good luck with 2/3
    it was easy

  4. #4
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Post Count
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue21 View Post
    it was easy
    It is impossible and particularly for level 300+ players that have now a very limited list of opponents, great work Gree !

  5. #5
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    77
    Gree demonstrate more of their stupidity. ..

  6. #6
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    140
    you all get pissed when they bring something out and get pissed when they don't. Pick a side and stick with it. look harder to find people.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue21 View Post
    it was easy

    I agree, finished the event 30 minutes ago. I'm sure it will be difficult for level 300+ players though.

  8. #8
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    240
    this event was almost too easy. Took one hour from start to finish.

  9. #9
    Prominent Poet Pidgeot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Post Count
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue21 View Post
    you all get pissed when they bring something out and get pissed when they don't. Pick a side and stick with it. look harder to find people.
    You dont seem to understand well placed complaints. Its the problem with the world. They are asking each players to raid, in a 24 hour clock day, a building thats raidable every 24 hours. That means the building is "lit" once a day. Put that with all the players looking for them, we can realistically have all command centers down in 1 or 2 hours. This event also depends on people not collecting their 24 hour buildings, which the commend center is synced with or they would repair it once hit.

    The problem here is balance, since there is no amount of gold you can spend to finish that goal. You are completely at the mercy of the player base and thats a bad way to run an event. This would be less of a problem if the building had a 1 hour or less payout OR the goal did not require a specific building to raid.

    I feel so sorry to European and Asian players.
    Last edited by Pidgeot; 03-10-2015 at 01:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    You dont seem to understand well placed complaints. Its the problem with the world. They are asking each players to raid, in a 24 hour clock day, a building thats raidable every 24 hours. That means the building is "lit" once a day. Put that with all the players looking for them, we can realistically have all command centers down in 1 or 2 hours. This event also depends on people not collecting their 24 hour buildings, which the commend center is synced with or they would repair it once hit.

    The problem here is balance, since there is no amount of gold you can spend to finish that goal. You are completely at the mercy of the player base and thats a bad way to run an event. This would be less of a problem if the building had a 1 hour or less payout OR the goal did not require a specific building to raid.
    then why are you replying back to this thread when you should be hunting for the building you need....I finished it in 25 mins....I guess I can relax now.

  11. #11
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Post Count
    439
    Anyone saying they finished this is just a WindUp merchant. I have now looked at 350 rivals bases. Not 1 CC lit up... Not bothering anymore. Better things to do with my time. Bye

  12. #12
    Prominent Poet Pidgeot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Post Count
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue21 View Post
    then why are you replying back to this thread when you should be hunting for the building you need....I finished it in 25 mins....I guess I can relax now.
    I did finish but I'm not a selfish player. I see the problem this will cause and speaking on it. The problem is you're not also saying the same thing. A lot of player can't finish. Most cant finish because of timezone. Most players are killing off the entire building for the goal when they only need 1 hit. This event is completely player driven and thats a problem.

  13. #13
    Consistent Contributor bergmystr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Poconos, USA
    Post Count
    121
    There is a pretty simple fix to this. If the events are going to run like this, have the target buildings auto reset to raidable or "lit" every 2-4 hours. Though giving Gree's track record lately I guess it's not that simple. It would have to involve multiple clocks (Last RAID time, last player collection, etc....)

    Nevermind, not that simple. Rambling, fading into silence..........
    Leader of faction D'z Nutz
    Faction Code: 948 710 810 or PM Me
    Ally Code: 175-765-821

    Always looking for Active members to join



    Health Regen Time -35% (Maxed)
    Infantry Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Ground Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Air Defense +25%
    Building Output +35% (Maxed)
    Guild Member Increase +20
    Building Defense +35% (Maxed, for some reason)
    Sea Defense +15%
    Infantry Attack +20%
    Ground Attack +10%
    Air Attack +15%
    Sea Attack +10%


  14. #14
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    140
    if gree wanted everyone to have this then they would put a gold price to it. I play they game to play the game. I dont rely on money to buy gold to get ahead...its a game bro...play it

  15. #15
    Prominent Poet Pidgeot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Post Count
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue21 View Post
    if gree wanted everyone to have this then they would put a gold price to it. I play they game to play the game. I dont rely on money to buy gold to get ahead...its a game bro...play it
    And the game should be balanced for all. The second goal is not balanced since its giving 24 hours to raid 9 24 hour payout buildings between thousands of players, most of which cant finish because of timezone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •