The problem with PvP events - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The problem with PvP events

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    A GREE "bug"? I completed 1/3 and decided against even attempting 2/3. Went back into the game a few hours later and somehow 2/3 completed without me trying. I do not know how or why. Anyone else have this happen?

UPDATE:

Looks like Gree realized their screw-up but will not admit it by confirming it in the forums???

Everyone should have 2/3 automatically completed!

Would have saved a lot of players time and energy and patience if GREE will only think things through!
    So basically for us who hunted and hunted they made our reward useless by giving everyone who started it, see how it works

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So here is my explanation of why they just now set 2/3 goal to autocomplete!!

Say for example:
    300,000 MW accounts
    that is 300,000 CC's x 3 hits = 900,000 hits available
    well not fully cause say about 15%(I am sure much higher) collected it already
    That will only leave 255,000 CC's x 3 = 765,000 hits available
    765,000 / 25hits per person = Only 30,600 players can possibly complete event

Even if all 300,000 accts had CC's lit ready to hit 3x then still only 36,000 could complete....

So in this scenario only about 10% of accounts could finish...

So if you are stuck... Go restart you game twice and the 2/3 goal will be completed for you and the second restart the unit will show in your inventory!

Post Count
    Wow, my complaints got this fixed so everyone could get the goal done. Seems they are listening and this was the right thing to do.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Wow, my complaints got this fixed so everyone could get the goal done. Seems they are listening and this was the right thing to do.
    Yeah so now the reward is null as everyone gets it, all the ones who searched and searched should send tickets now, main problem was people couldn't throw gold and make it go away

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by t12pm View Post
    Yeah so now the reward is null as everyone gets it, all the ones who searched and searched should send tickets now, main problem was people couldn't throw gold and make it go away
    I finished the event in the first hour but thats due to me being around. Many could not and each CC taken down was one less for everyone else. This is the best thing to do for the community of players.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumas View Post
    So here is my explanation of why they just now set 2/3 goal to autocomplete!!

Say for example:
    300,000 MW accounts
    that is 300,000 CC's x 3 hits = 900,000 hits available
    well not fully cause say about 15%(I am sure much higher) collected it already
    That will only leave 255,000 CC's x 3 = 765,000 hits available
    765,000 / 25hits per person = Only 30,600 players can possibly complete event

Even if all 300,000 accts had CC's lit ready to hit 3x then still only 36,000 could complete....

So in this scenario only about 10% of accounts could finish...

So if you are stuck... Go restart you game twice and the 2/3 goal will be completed for you and the second restart the unit will show in your inventory!
    should have ask us to raid supply depot instead...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Bunch of greedtards at their best, screwed those that had spent time and effort hunting for CCs to complete 2/3 but awarded the prize to everyone else.

Is this the trend of giving prizes to everyone for free now, as with the FL awards before it end?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I personally think it was a shame that it was handed out to everyone.. Wasn't a very useful prize.. It was gold free, and an event were not everyone could come first (gold or not).

Hate to burst your bubble but #2 wasn't auto completed because people were having a hard time finding CC to hit. It was because the event was broken people were hitting cc and the hits weren't counting. There was 3 of us in my faction alone that had this problem.

Post Count
    So basically for us who hunted and hunted they made our reward useless by giving everyone who started it, see how it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Yee View Post
    Bunch of greedtards at their best, screwed those that had spent time and effort hunting for CCs to complete 2/3 but awarded the prize to everyone else.

Is this the trend of giving prizes to everyone for free now, as with the FL awards before it end?
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    I personally think it was a shame that it was handed out to everyone.. Wasn't a very useful prize.. It was gold free, and an event were not everyone could come first (gold or not).
    Agreed!
    What a useless event LOL!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    Can't believe you think it was alright as was... It was as impossible as opening a tin can with a banana. Should have been thought through before being launched... But then thats a silly idea... Thinking through and testing new releases

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Just a thought to all those saying it is harder now, I don't get that thought pattern simply because that would mean every one basically collects them at the same time. I finished mine hours ago and still find them in raiding. We basically all have the same opportunity I found probably 10 times more that were not "lit", but have since seen some of the hoods I revisited raided they were now lit. So it is a lot in timing also
    You are obviously not a level 300+ player, as I can only see the same oponents in my list over and over.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    You are obviously not a level 300+ player, as I can only see the same oponents in my list over and over.
    Exactly, as a level 300 player our rival list now limits us to only seeing lvl 300+ players so for all those out there saying the complaints for the event were unjustified....try seeing the same 10 pages of accounts each time and trying to find a cc. Good luck with that. Level 300 players also tend to be the most active and like pointed out before the building was linked to most of the 24 hr buildings that are collected on a timer for most of us..the building was never going to remain up for anyone to find...so give everyone the unit, call it a wash and try again with a differently designed event that makes it possible for all to complete fairly. Not the people that happened to log on first or who have a bigger pool of targets.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    what a joke to give it to everyone....

Post Count
    Couldn't just let the little guys have their day in the sun could you GREE?
    Nope, had to give in to the high level crybabies. LMAO!