Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Energy Crime City Weekly Feedback (3/10/15)

Hello Crime City Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on Crime City. Every Tuesday we will sticky a new weekly feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

The intention of the thread is to collect the ongoing thoughts from our customers, it is not meant for discussion.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
    Customer Support
    Community Support
    Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Oooh, the weekly copy pasta thread!

Here you go!

In-Game Events
    Epic Boss: no current complaints.

Raid Boss: 4 days is too short. 5 days is more convenient given that this event usually runs during weekdays while most people have other obligations that take priority over stupid phone games. 8 billion health for the level 100 boss is borderline unreasonable. Scaling it back to 7 billion would be a happy medium.

Raid Boss event has become unreasonably difficult. Morale is down and incentive to even play is declining quickly. Please return this event to a level of difficulty that doesn't exclude 90% of the people playing the game.

Battle For Empire City: Health regeneration takes a long time given the amount of health required to engage in a single attack. Rather than alter the rate of regeneration, maybe it would be reasonable to reassess the amount of health required per attack.

Reward quality is declining. First stats were reduced, then mods removed, and now entire ranks all together. There has been a very clear diminishing return on time and mental capacity dedicated to this game. There is only one path down which this type of reward scheme can lead Gree, and let's just say in involves resumes.

Duration has become an issue. 73 hours is acceptable to most and has been for almost two years. The introduction of 24-hour wars was met with derision. The first ever war lasted 5 days and there was a flood of complaints THEN that 5 days was too long. And what really makes one shake their head is the fact that all of these decisions have been repeated in almost every Gree game, regardless of how clear it was the changes were not liked by a majority.

Street Assault: One single change would make this event the most exciting event on the entire schedule; allow extra Unit deployments to be purchased with in game cash. This would create a huge need and desire to accumulate in game cash, which would cause a domino effect of players upgrading their hoods, leading to better buildings to rob in a greater number of hoods, resulting in an increased interest in the stats required to engage or defend in robberies.

Box events (collect 10 & leaderboard): Junk. Increasing the amount of distance between your product(s) and anything "kompu gacha" is a step in the right direction.

LTQs: Another case of diminishing return, accompanied by a side of "impossible to complete even the basic, 'normal' levels, without being required to use premium currency." The elite levels could understandably be reserved for those using premium currency, but there is no reason why the average, 3 energy a minute player, can't play the game without paying for basics.

SLTQs: Yet another event where the quality of rewards has steadily declined. It was one (widely disliked) thing to make it so the modifier from the final item did not stack with the modifier obtained by purchasing the prize with game cash. It was entirely comething else to completely remove the option to purchase items with game cash. There needs to be so much use for game cash that no player can ever have enough of it... Unless they buy it.

LTBs: Odd payout times are inconvenient for those who love the game but don't have unlimited amounts of time to dedicate towards it. Great for robberies, but not ideal for many players who upgrade their hoods, thereby becoming more likely targets of robbery.

After starting a new account that basically has to ignore LTBs for lack of cash, I no longer believe the current LTBs are underpriced. That being said, it is long overdue that we have two LTBs per cycle. One to keep new players engaged and a second to enable veteran players to grow. Without offering two LTBs Gree automatically alienates one customer base, and in the current format, it's the customer base in which Gree should be most interested that is being excluded.

Community Support
    Almost half decent, at best. Appointing community mods was without purpose and will forever lack purpose. In the event that someone from Gree actually takes the time to address the community, which is sometime between every other blue moon, they are always vague and evasive (and at times apparently very thin skinned).

The most recent example of this extremely vague and evasive attitude is the "announcement" about accomplices, or the pending status thereof. The attempt at communication is a much appreciated gesture, but there is an ancient saying that goes, "if you're going to half-ass it, don't even bother." Er.. Maybe that was, "if you've got a job to do, do it well, or don't do it at all." Either way, telling only half the story can in many cases, this one for example, lead to further confusion than is necessary. Telling us the status of accomplices is pending until further notice without even a suggestion that anyone at Gree has a good idea of where they're going makes people nervous. Not just for the fact that what we've played towards winning is suddenly in limbo, but also for the fact that the people running the game we all enjoy, for whatever mental reason, appear to be directionless. It creates a sense of instability that would be avoided if we received full disclosure or no disclosure.

5/10

Game Stability & Issues
    Stability: Last crash was March 12, 2015, the lag is terrible, load times are awful depending on the account (device not relevant).

Issues: (Map) Job rewards shown are different than rewards received, and have been for years. Every job selected displays the energy required to do the job, an amount (range) of cash, a loot bag (if applicable), and an amount of XP. When a job requires only 1 hit to complete, any or all of the displayed rewards should reasonably be expected, although where there is only a "chance" of a loot drop, that fact really should be indicated.

More importantly, when a job requires multiple hits the only advertised reward that is awarded at every step is XP. The only time any cash or possibly loot drops is upon completion of a job, while XP is reluctantly earned every step of the way. If there is only a "chance of" the other rewards being received, this needs to be indicated. Otherwise, every reward displayed should be awarded at every step for which it is shown.

Also an issue with map jobs/loot drops, Android devices have a 100% drop rate for loot from map jobs while iOS has varying drop rates. Both platforms need to br the same.

5/10
    Last edited by Weasel; 03-12-2015 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Revised for relevance.

1. There should be a refresh button on syndicate forum
    2. You should get a notification every time someone posts on the syndicate forum. At least do SOMETHING to make it more appealing.
    3. Gold should be a prize in the Daily Scratcher.
    4. You should be able to delete any person you want permanently from Gree's servers at your sole discretion.
    5. I want a domesticated snake. I want him to curl up and cuddle next to me to help me forget the fact that I'm lonely. And he would go to the door and make noise when he needs to go for a walk (or a slither?). Make it happen.
    Offended by what I say? Go here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3_Zw7pVf8

Clementine, when is the next CC AMA?

I almost forgot about another relevant piece of feedback from last week, which needs to make it's way to the copy pasta party:

Originally Posted by Weasel

"Enemy mafia size reduction" modifiers are not working. No rival should ever use more than 500 mafia when defending and most if not all my rivals currently do.
    Originally Posted by sister morphine

How about addressing an issue that has existed since the game update with the introduction of accomplices, ie, that negative mafia modifiers appear to be added onto your rival's mob instead of being taken away. To add insult to injury the rival gets a small stat boost from the false strength increase. I have a -3 mafia mod; note the impact on the other guy's mob size and stats.
    See relevant screen shots here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...(3-3-15)/page2

I think I might have cracked the case for you, Gree. The modifier in question is listed as "Enemy Mafia Size Reduction", and the modifiers are listed in negative numbers (-1, for example).

Now let's pay attention to word choice. "Enemy Mafia Size Reduction". To elaborate, this means that when somebody with this modifier attacks a rival (never was meant to function with robberies, afaik), that rival will bring fewer mafia into battle.

Now let's pay attention to details. This modifier subtracts mafia from your enemies' mafia sizes when you attack them. That should look something like this: 500 - 1 = 499. These modifiers are, however, listed in negative numbers, so what it really looks like is this: 500 - (-1) = 501. That's because, as many people learn at one time or another, most often in high school or earlier, that subtracting a negative is the same as adding!

I will accept your gratitude in the form of one million gold, or an item with +100% mafia defense. I'll be reasonable, such an item would be acceptable with 0/0 stats.

Well at least I don't have to post, Weasel has done a good job of covering the issues.

what about prizes for last SA for members currently jumping who wasn't in there home sync when data push

I'm guessing from the woeful lack of replies to this thread that people are starting to see what a waste of time it is posting feedback. Congrats GREE!!
    GroupMe ID: 9323964

Quote Originally Posted by smokey77 View Post
    I'm guessing from the woeful lack of replies to this thread that people are starting to see what a waste of time it is posting feedback. Congrats GREE!!
    It's unclear whether or not posting feedback is a waste of time, but there is only half a discussion taking place here. No comment from Gree on any of the feedback, they won't post weekly (or even monthly) dev notes, and they just play broken record every week by copying and pasting the same thread.

Somewhat funny, but also quite disrespectful towards the players, that Gree still treats us like mushrooms. That is to say, they feed us sh!t and keep us in the dark.

I have a suggestion. Stop being so cryptic.

You don't have to tell us everything, but you probably shouldn't hide everything from us either. People are not going to pay for that.

We used to get an idea of what was coming up and what the prizes would be.

Now we get secretly recycled prizes and no information on these forums from Gree at all, just some riddles from time to time.

Why would people spend real money on that?

They wouldn't, and that's what's happening right now.

Gree, please fix.

Let me take a wild guess and say your LTQs aren't exactly meeting performance expectations.

Amiritorwat?

1. I use to play a couple of years ago (for about 4 months) and the LTQ prizes where good (some might disagree but for a new player they helped a lot), but now they are absolute garbage. I'm curious as to why this happened. I saw a post by someone (not sure if player or GREE employee) that it was to stop stat inflation. Not sure if true or not, but if so its completely stupid. The damage of stat inflation is already done there's no going back lowering the prizes now just means that newer players don't have a chance in hell to catch up to the other players who benefitted from stat inflation. Also why do you need gold to finish normal? You should be able to finish normal without the use of gold (just have to be active). Elite should be the tier that should cost gold to complete (yes I no this has been said before I'm just going on the .00001% percent chance that this time it won't fall on deaf ears).

2. There should be some new money buildings. Maybe with different payouts. For example: add some more less than an hour payouts for the people that are very active or maybe buildings that payout once a week for folks who aren't so active.

3. I have always wondered this about the Battle for Empire City Event. Does the 1st place winners get any kind of privilege in that district (like higher job payouts) or do they just get first place prize and their names on the winners list. And what happens when all the districts are used?

EDIT: inb4 "have you had a few?"..... Yes, I have and yes, it is a shame.
    Last edited by MK Loves You; 03-15-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Offended by what I say? Go here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3_Zw7pVf8

Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    Let me take a wild guess and say your LTQs aren't exactly meeting performance expectations.

Amiritorwat?
    With no mods except for finishing the speed goal(s) why would anyone be surprised. The prize for finishing elite syndicate goal has attack stats no better really than you could get from buying a 4 Wheel Destroyer in the store (and no xp!). Lol.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

That will be four levels and six thousand dollars please.

Or maybe not. Who knows?

Just go ahead and grind this mystery LTQ we've thrown at you with no information at all.

I can't remember the last time I even bothered to start one, and I used to do them all the time.

With one click jobs!

We experienced the glitch during SA again, where the scores at the bottom would toggle between a low number and the correct number. Part of this glitch also results in us not getting credit for the correct number of deploys (the higher number) into the node. We somehow poured 135 million points into one node, yet lost it to another team that put 20m into it. This was also not correctly reflected into outrage cumulative score and we lost about 80 spots in rank as a result.

I had previously sent in a ticket for this issue and received a response from support assuring me this issue was resolved, yet here we are again experiencing the same problem. This is wholly unacceptable as we have dropped gold again, after being assured the issue was as resolved.