Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    I think you might be on to something...... which is why they won't officially post the picture they had up earlier. They might be planning on changing the length of time whereas the picture shows until March 17th 2015.
    I was more thinking along the lines that 1 heroic at 7 days followed by lots at 10-14 days will give a more favourable perception to that last set than a drop from 18 to 10-14 and staying there. (in other words taking away a lot and then giving a bit back instead of just taking away a bit)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

So assuming the drop rates get improved a little you still need to get 18.3 shards a day minimum to get the plus version. You will have roughly 112 attempts throughout the 7 days not including potions and gems. And only 70 friends for the event. Hopefully it doesn't take more then 35 attempts at the dark castle this time
    Name: NK Xidus
    Guild: NK Massive
    Friend Code: WBR-GPP-CCD

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    I was more thinking along the lines that 1 heroic at 7 days followed by lots at 10-14 days will give a more favourable perception to that last set than a drop from 18 to 10-14 and staying there. (in other words taking away a lot and then giving a bit back instead of just taking away a bit)
    If they go through with this upcoming heroic mode for 7 days, they gonna lose some people...... a lot of people.

The whole thing would make perfect sense if they already plan to run down the game in a controlled manner.

If you don't expect to have future customers, why care about anyone who is playing it right now? No, squeeze the remainings of the cow as long and hard as possible instead!

If the drop rate is crap, I probably won't even go for it. Might not even go for it if the drop rate is good. I've gotten the past three Heroic +'s and they're all still at level 1. I'd rather invest gems into a t10 or t25. This weekend's top 25 reward was much more worth the gems invested than this heroic+ will be, and it probably cost less than the heroic will.

The only people who might consider gemming are collectors and newer players.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    The whole thing would make perfect sense if they already plan to run down the game in a controlled manner.

If you don't expect to have future customers, why care about anyone who is playing it right now? No, squeeze the remainings of the cow as long and hard as possible instead!
    I really doubt the game is being run down. Generally if a game is being run down events are the first thing cut. They wouldn't be adding an event to rile up players beforehand and then drop the game afterward. It's counter intuitive.

I think they're still trying to find the sweet spot on the feature and make it profitable for them as well as challenging and hard for the players. They've just hit one side of the spectrum right now.

Okay, i just played a bit and got 6 of 8 shards in about ten attempts. Contrast this with TWO shards in fifty attempts from the last run. I think the drop rate has been definitely improved.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Okay, i just played a bit and got 6 of 8 shards in about ten attempts. Contrast this with TWO shards in fifty attempts from the last run. I think the drop rate has been definitely improved.
    Yes, to a point where it is doable and worthy of "heroic".
    Thinking realistically, even when not having so much time, less than 100 gems can guarantee you the + if used smart.
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

12 hrs gone past and i managed to collect 7 crystals. Waiting for the last crystal to craft. I cannot say it is easy but it is a challenge to get the plus version.

In case anyone ask me if I have gemmed....No I have not gem in this lower level crystal. I simply use my "Best Friends" and some health potions to level up strategically.

Good luck my fellow game mates.
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Chai View Post
    12 hrs gone past and i managed to collect 7 crystals. Waiting for the last crystal to craft. I cannot say it is easy but it is a challenge to get the plus version.

In case anyone ask me if I have gemmed....No I have not gem in this lower level crystal. I simply use my "Best Friends" and some health potions to level up strategically.

Good luck my fellow game mates.
    And how many is 'some' health potions ? I can probably also make it if I use them but I am still hoping that after the next heroic event they will start with dual elements so I like to keep them in my inventory for now. I already have some decent spirit armors (chaos+ and arcane+) so I am not really in need of a single element armor that is only 100 higher.

5 shards (not crystals!) in 30 runs - 4 in thieves cove and 1 in kingdom of darkness...and even used about 20 healing potions...i don't think that there was any increase in the drop rate. it's about as bad as it was last time. guess you, Kent Chai, were just lucky ;-)

but i totally agree to former posters that this event has been ruined.
    Last edited by Ecthelion; 03-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.

10 Runs so far with 7 shards. This was all from the Relic Ruins. I haven't tried the other areas yet, as I am working from the beginning to the end. I should be completed with the first 3 areas today.

Legalious, I started the exact same way. Then my drop rate sunk.

Highly disappointed that they changed the heroic to this. Wasn't it stated in Q&A that heroic was given so that people weren't forced to gem in order to obtain an occasional epic like with chests, wars and raids?

There is a brick wall waiting for you at Writhing Cascades......

Yeah, this is ridiculous Gree. I understand the first Heroic mode made it far too easy to earn the plus version of the Epic armor, but now it's just way too difficult. The drop rate for the shards is still atrocious and we only have a week this time? Nearly impossible if you don't play CONSTANTLY, which I am unable to. You need to increase the time period for Heroic mode or increase the drop rate for the crystal shards. Or both. Find a balance between what it was the first time you ran Heroic mode and what it is this time. It's unfortunate because I really want that Spirit-based Epic, but can't devote my entire week to this game. Most of us have jobs and things to do.