Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Thanks for the feedback guys ... ok, I promise to stop ranting for now and give it a try...lol. Seems I still have left out on a little part of the learning curve.

But then, it's not about me after all. Most of the ones of us who are writing here have the luxury of a) having great armor and b) being GM's. For the huge part of the players community however, the recent move by Gree has turned Heroic mode into yet another part that just frustrates them off and makes them feel like they are considered as scum, mere sucking material. Even when the 'big I' am able to make it in time, this part of the game is now effectively ruined for most. It's the (realistic) chance to achieve a goal that makes a game fun.

You know, the regular version of the heroic epic isn't that bad. For a player who has all EB+ armors it would probably be a substantial upgrade or at least a major help in filling out their elemental diversity. Just because the +version is the only goal you have doesn't mean that newer F2P players will be turned of by the event when they can still achieve the regular version without gemming.

Not bad? They are monos for Christ's Sake,when they become duals then u can repeat that statement bro, sry for being rude bro.

Cheers;
    Ant venom
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Not bad? They are monos for Christ's Sake,when they become duals then u can repeat that statement bro, sry for being rude bro.

Cheers;
    Ant venom
    Reading is fundamental bro. I said they aren't bad for a relatively new player who only has EB+ armors and is looking for the next step to continue to improve. Of course most of the players with a stable of dual element epics will not find it useful and would only be interested in the plus version. Try and look beyond just your own wants when evaluating if a feature is good for the game or not.

As I've been playing though the most recent heroic mode, the thing about it that really makes me feel like it's a complete failure isn't that it is difficult to achieve. I think getting a plus version should be hard and only the most dedicated players should be able to get one for free. The problem I see is this is a video game and it is supposed to be fun, and this nonsense just isn't fun. When the first couple heroic modes came out they had about a 50% drop rate. It sucks to grind through and not get a drop but I think we can all live with 50%. The problem is that when you introduce a drop rate of less than 25%, you can have a scenario like I just did where I had 12 straight runs without a drop. It's disheartening, even for the most dedicated players and because it isn't fun, it makes me want to do something else. The other problem is the variability of the drops. I've had bad luck on the DP stage and have only received 1/12 drops, but a guild member has had good luck and received 5/11 drops on that stage. There's a very realistic scenario where we both work just as hard, do the exact same number of runs through each stage, and because of my bad luck, he will get the epic+ and I will not. That's bogus.

We all know they should have done beta testing and figured this out before releasing heroic mode the first time. Like I said, I don't mind that it's hard. I like that. But it should not be impossible, and with the variability of the drop rate, there is a very real scenario that regardless of the time and effort put in, it might be an impossible goal, if your luck on the drop rates are very poor. It's really just a poorly thought out part of the game, but I guess I shouldn't have had high hopes given Gree's track record of using it's active community as it's beta testers in every feature they release.

Gree is greedy. Either you dedicate your 7 days hunting fragments every hour interval. Or , spend some potion each time before you are gonna to level. If not if you are really near that heroic plus, spend some gems to get there. For those that have busy weekdays working , thats too bad , you want it ? Spend some gems. Seriously gree doesnt care if you are busy with work or school , 7 days time frame , thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by timsta007 View Post
    You know, the regular version of the heroic epic isn't that bad. For a player who has all EB+ armors it would probably be a substantial upgrade or at least a major help in filling out their elemental diversity. Just because the +version is the only goal you have doesn't mean that newer F2P players will be turned of by the event when they can still achieve the regular version without gemming.
    non-plus is a bit better than Chaos Vanguard IIRC.
    @Ant Venom: the monos are useful as fusion fodder to get the duals you want; much better targetting than legendaries or epic duals...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    roookey1, a levelup causes all your knights to be full health again, so people plan their use of friends and potions in such a way that a levelup happens just before their 6th knight would die, giving them another 6 healthy knights to use right away.

Heck, with the right armors, you can gain a level of exp at the last few non-heroic levels with just the 6 knights and no friends (some people got over level 1000 that way before Heroic existed), so if you weave bits of that inbetween the heroic runs, you might be able to do a continuous 12+ hour Heroic grinding session without needing breaks for health regen...
    The problem with this is that heroic mode is meant for people without "the right armors." It seems that the only people able to obtain the + version are people who the armor is, at best, a sidegrade. I share rookey1's skepticism about being able to collect the materials in 24 hours without gemming. I began this heroic at around level 120 and I'm leveling up quite frequently, but the drop rate is still forcing me to farm until my knights health has depleted even while using friends to finish off the xp bar. I'm sure a lot of people will be able to snag the + version of the armor and I'm happy for them..but many of the players this armor is intended for won't be so lucky. Another reason it's obvious you're meant to gem for the + version is without gemming, it takes nearly half of the event's duration just to craft the normal version! If you take longer than 4 days to craft the normal version and don't intend to pay your blacksmith...you're SOL

a little stats in between: I am almost 20 shards behind the last event by now - which took me 13 days already then. This is despite me having even better armor than last time and much better jewelry. Today alone I must have gone through Zephyr and Haunted for about 14 times in total, with 1 shard as a result.

I feel like throwing the phone out of the window. After 3 days of continous playing (but admittedly, with regular sleeping and without artificially forcing level elevation, and yes, I have a job to attend to while energy is recharging, you got me there Gree!), I'm at a ratio of 3.6 : 1, this is just ridiculous.
    (edit 6 hours later: 5 more runs through these 2 stages => 0 more shards; 1 more shard from all the stages I ran through since, by now total ratio is 3.9 : 1)

Although I have the luxury of a GM bonus, maxed elements, pretty decent epics and always been the fastest grinder in the guild, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for me to start crafting a plus version in time, probably not even if I would buy an immediate crafting of the regular version (as I doubt I'll even make it that far this time, considering the bad drop ratio I have).

You have successfully turned an event I loved into one I am starting to hate.
    Last edited by roookey1; 03-13-2015 at 02:21 AM.

I must admit, I liked how gree made heroic harder the last time. This, is just lame though. They ruined it, I'll get reg version I guess, hopefully some DPC keys to go with it
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

This is pathetic. 21 tries on writhing cascades has given me 2 shards, and 17 tries on KOD has given me 4 shards... Thank you sooooo much Gree for ruining the 1 event every1 has been looking forward to. You made us wait weeks and you give us this!?!? Goodbye, u've lost another customer. Uninstalling.

Bye KnD,
    Regretz

Quote Originally Posted by Soberranger View Post
    The problem with this is that heroic mode is meant for people without "the right armors."
    EB+ plus rings and amulets has surpassed "the right armors" from a year ago...
    Run Kingdom of Darkness screen 1 of each of normal/mighty/valor/honor/epic with the tankiest armor for that screen and flee afterwards, do the same for Haunted Citadel and Zephyr Plateau Epic and flee after screen 6/7 . Depending on their tankiest armors' elements, people could pick 2 or more of those locations and run 10+ levels/day 12+ months ago, killing their knights 1 by 1 and then swapping the tankiest armor to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberranger View Post
    It seems that the only people able to obtain the + version are people who the armor is, at best, a sidegrade. I share rookey1's skepticism about being able to collect the materials in 24 hours without gemming. I began this heroic at around level 120 and I'm leveling up quite frequently, but the drop rate is still forcing me to farm until my knights health has depleted even while using friends to finish off the xp bar. I'm sure a lot of people will be able to snag the + version of the armor and I'm happy for them..but many of the players this armor is intended for won't be so lucky. Another reason it's obvious you're meant to gem for the + version is without gemming, it takes nearly half of the event's duration just to craft the normal version! If you take longer than 4 days to craft the normal version and don't intend to pay your blacksmith...you're SOL
    Using EB non-plus gets you EB+, so I kind of guess using Heroic non-plus gets you Heroic+ now. :-|
    And you should be used to the rush crafting system from epic boss collections. Just like getting to EB 15 quickly is easier than getting to EB 43 in the remaining time, I guess farming shards from first 8 locations for non-plus is less health-costly than from the last 8. :-|

I myself don't have the time to go for Heroic+; way too busy.

edit: I was trying to get my 3rd account its first epic with this event, but it's suffering from way worse drop rate than my main is...
    But annoying low drop rate is something just the newer players have missed: veterans suffered from it way back when the plus versions of the craftable 3-star storyline armors were what you needed to beat EB 43. Grinding the locations to farm the 2x 18 pieces per armor, probably at a 10-20% drop rate...
    Last edited by Marco_; 03-13-2015 at 02:47 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Anecdotal pile-on here - I was crafting the latest Heroic armor within 24 hours (an encouraging sign). Since then the drop rate has dropped so drastically that a Heroic + for me is realistically a mathematical impossibility.

I have the potions, I have the gems, I have the friends. I just don't have the patience, faith, or trust to continue to be so spectacularly frustrated by these cynical money grabs on the part of Gree.

It was naive of me to think of this game as a long-term activity (when was the last time any of us played Super Mario?). I must admit that I've quite enjoyed it up until the era of the Bait-And-Switch however.

Sort of a shame really.

I'm out of Heroic mode for this time. 8 more runs, 1 shard. WTF again and again and again and again.

As I just wrote somewhere else about the game:

if I'd be looking for frustration, I have enough options in RL.
    Last edited by roookey1; 03-13-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Rookey1, I am about to give up myself.
    it took ~30-40 attempts each in Skeleton Tombs and Flaming Wildwood to obtain the crystal from each. I am on par for the same number of tries in Cold Rock Crags now. Because of this abysmal drop rate I refuse to spend any gems or health potions on this event. It's really a shame that this is happening as so many people really enjoyed this addition to the game. I realize that some people are already crafting the gear, but with drop rates that I am receiving I am not going through heroic efforts (pardon the pun) to obtain a heroic. NOTE: I play on both iOS and Android, have comparable gear on both, but am obtaining the same drop rates. Hopefully the powers that be at Gree with take note of the complaints from this (I find it unlikely as this weekends gem-palooza from the new war rewards will pad Gree's pockets heavily)

Dumpster juice!!!
    Guild Master of Sugar Rush

Currently recruiting players for new FREE PLAY guild, please message me in Line app!

Line app ID JesusZombie
    Android