Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    As a player currently equipped in mostly EB+ armors I feel like I am the type of player that is supposed to benefit from Heroic mode the most, but I've got to say this change left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm certainly willing to save my gems in an attempt for a t25 epic, but I don't want to do so wearing EB+ armors and I want to do everything possible to get the level of my gear up before I attempt one. The problem with this is after you've obtained EB+ gear, the only guaranteed way to get your knights the next tier of armor is by obtaining heroic. Don't get me wrong, I do way more fusions than the average player, but I haven't been lucky enough (yet?) to receive any epic armors for my troubles, so naturally I've been super motivated to farm heroic crystals. I would personally be happy to receive at least the normal version (and I'm sure I will, though the drop rates in the later levels are making me nervous), but I was also looking forward to farming for old legendary armors to use for fusions also. The easiest way to make me happy would be to leave the heroic levels active after the event (without the possibility of crafting the epic armor) for players like me to farm for fusion so there is at least some resemblance of progression. This is your game and you're free to do with it what you like, but as a player lately I've been feeling super discouraged with so many failed fusions and poor chest pulls and I wouldn't feel this way if there were at least a tangible goal for me to work toward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Okay, i just played a bit and got 6 of 8 shards in about ten attempts. Contrast this with TWO shards in fifty attempts from the last run. I think the drop rate has been definitely improved.
    I have to disagree with this. I have been playing the same level all day and only gotten 3 shards. Each time I am running through at least 5-6 times every 2-3 hours.
    I also had 5 shards disappear from one of my earlier levels. I had 6 shards last night went to bed and woke up with just 1 shard. I have contacted Gree and am waiting on a reply. I doubt I will be able to get the plus version this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stultis View Post
    I have to disagree with this. I have been playing the same level all day and only gotten 3 shards. Each time I am running through at least 5-6 times every 2-3 hours.
    I also had 5 shards disappear from one of my earlier levels. I had 6 shards last night went to bed and woke up with just 1 shard. I have contacted Gree and am waiting on a reply. I doubt I will be able to get the plus version this time.
    I'm experiencing the same on some of the later levels...I haven't lost any shards, though..it seems as though the drop rate varies for each level.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberranger View Post
    I'm certainly willing to save my gems in an attempt for a t25 epic,
    Seems like you can now save for an attempt for a T10 Epic in a T25 Run.
    Good luck!
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

Quote Originally Posted by greenwing View Post
    And how many is 'some' health potions ? I can probably also make it if I use them but I am still hoping that after the next heroic event they will start with dual elements so I like to keep them in my inventory for now. I already have some decent spirit armors (chaos+ and arcane+) so I am not really in need of a single element armor that is only 100 higher.
    I used about 30 potions for these 8 crystals. You need to time it a little. When your Herod about to level up. Don't use so many potions. Use just enough for them to level up and continue fighting.

For the plus version , I'm separating the fighting time for later part of the areas and KOD.

Example - target 1 crystal per area for 1 day
    - 2 shards from KOD in 1 day( we can only use 10 friends in a day)

In this pattern, hopefully we can make it in 7 days without spending gems.

Hope this strategy works for some of you out there.
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

U have gotta be kidding me, just did Cold Rock Craigs 7x straight with not a single shard drop. Really Gree? Only 7 days AND u give us a terrible drop rate? Smh

Guess those low level players will have hard time getting the plus version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Tay View Post
    Guess those low level players will have hard time getting the plus version.
    I agreed. They are not making it easy for lower level which is kind of sad because I would suspect they wanna groom lower level player so that there is a good change of blood as time goes pass.
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

Drop rate seems to be about 1:3 (1 shard every 3 tries) I'd estimate after almost 2 days, very similar if not equal to the last event. Sometimes 2-3 in a row, then nothing for 10 tries.

To be frank I have serious doubts that even I with pretty nice epic armor can make it up to the plus version in time (last event, it took me 13 days with more or less permanent grinding only interrupted by energy recharging times and sleeping), NO WAY at all for anyone with just Eb+ or even just slightly outdated epic armor to make it within 7 days and a similar drop rate as last time.

The main obstacle seems to be the energy recharging time (which you can't overcome by gemming) ... having to wait for 3-4 hours in order to have another 2-4 runs and then maybe get 1 shard will make it impossible for most (unless they are super lucky with their drops) to get all the shards together in 7 days.
    Gree yesterday claimed on their tumblr page that they have seen screenshots of guys posted somewhere who were already crafting the armor. How would that even be mathematically possible after only 1 day?!
    Last edited by roookey1; 03-12-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Drop rate seems to be about 1:3 (1 shard every 3 tries) I'd estimate after almost 2 days, very similar if not equal to the last event. Sometimes 2-3 in a row, then nothing for 10 tries.

To be frank I have serious doubts that even I with pretty nice epic armor can make it up to the plus version in time (last event, it took me 13 days with more or less permanent grinding only interrupted by energy recharging times and sleeping), NO WAY at all for anyone with just Eb+ or even just slightly outdated epic armor to make it within 7 days and a similar drop rate as last time.

The main obstacle seems to be the energy recharging time (which you can't overcome by gemming) ... having to wait for 3-4 hours in order to have another 2-4 runs and then maybe get 1 shard will make it impossible for most (unless they are super lucky with their drops) to get all the shards together in 7 days.
    Gree yesterday claimed on their tumblr page that they have seen screenshots of guys posted somewhere who were already crafting the armor. How would that even be mathematically possible after only 1 day?!
    It wasn't mine screenshot but I started crafting it after 24 hours. Haven't spent a single gem, just planned it right to level up in the right moment and go on... Used a few potions and all friends of course. Crystal drop to me it's like 55-60%, hard to say, I lost track counting it all over again. I just hope you guys won't hate me, I have some days off and not much to do so did it as I had planned. You have to spend ridiculous amount of time to do it in time, that's true.
    OTB Yeezy

LINE ID: sanctified93

okay, so you got 64 shards in 24 hours, that would mean you got almost 3 per hour (as long as you didn't sleep longer than for 2-3 hours)... I say that's impossible without getting a full recharge by spending 5 gems once you die, and to do that repeatedly. Full recharging of energy takes about 3 hours for most players with higher-level armors, so the actual rate of 'shards per full energy' would have to be even in the likes of 6-8 shards 'per full energy'. Yah, sure. Either there is a glitch, continuous gemming at exactly the right time is necessary or whatever, but IMO the main obstacle for everyone, regardless the level or strength of armor, is that recharging the energy takes so long. And there is no shortcut as energy potions can't be bought (I'm surprised, Gree ).

Otoh, I am sure the smart minds at Gree have been sitting and thinking long about this, and like everywhere else in the game, there will be a way to bluntly purchase the plus versions by gemming within that time even with enough time for sleeping. I just can't see how the energy recharging time can be overcome. IMO the drop rate is way too low to make it in time, no way at all to get there in time without gemming anyway, and most probably not even the regular version is in reach for by far most of the players. So the majority of players will feel cut out of the 'real' game, as they already do in wars.
    Last edited by roookey1; 03-12-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    okay, so you got 64 shards in 24 hours, that would mean you got almost 3 per hour (as long as you didn't sleep longer than for 2-3 hours)... I say that's impossible without getting a full recharge by spending 5 gems once you die, and to do that repeatedly. Full recharging of energy takes about 3 hours for most players with higher-level armors, so the actual rate of 'shards per full energy' would have to be even in the likes of 6-8 shards 'per full energy'. Yah, sure. Either there is a glitch, continuous gemming at exactly the right time is necessary or whatever, but IMO the main obstacle for everyone, regardless the level or strength of armor, is that recharging the energy takes so long. And there is no shortcut as energy potions can't be bought (I'm surprised, Gree ).

Otoh, I am sure the smart minds at Gree have been sitting and thinking long about this, and clearly there must be a way to purchase the plus versions by gemming within that time and even to be able to find some sleep. I just can't see how the energy recharging time can be overcome. IMO the drop rate is way too low to make it in time, no way at all to get there in time without gemming anyway, and most probably not even the regular version is in reach for by far most of the players. So the majority of players will feel cut out of the 'real' game, as they already do in wars.
    I didn't have to wait for a full energy because I leveled up immedietly. You don't have to believe that none of gems has been spent but this has happened at your misfortune. Keeps the irony for yourself, I'm not here to fight with you. Keep this discussion clean as a civilized man... What's impossible for you, is possible for someone else, like in real life.

I'm a GM of a guild with 27 elements, with a couple of epics. I'm not trying to say it's possible with a gear you have mentioned but the key is to plan it right, it's essential. Remember that friends restore every 23 hours so I was able to use some of them in time. And yes, for your information I slept short last night, just to make a gap between a time of crafting regular version and end time of event shorter.
    OTB Yeezy

LINE ID: sanctified93

Can't plan for 3 drops in 57 tries. That's currently my luck on cold rock craigs. Was well on pace to finish the + until this.

On pace for the +, minimal friend usage (8 for today left), no potions, no gems, 8h+ sleep a day and been sleeping on and off pretty much all day.

Drop rate roughly 60%. All seems ok.
    Finished all up to the Forest, as well as the Blazing tides 6/8, misty marsh 8/8 and KoD 5/8.
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!

roookey1, a levelup causes all your knights to be full health again, so people plan their use of friends and potions in such a way that a levelup happens just before their 6th knight would die, giving them another 6 healthy knights to use right away.

Heck, with the right armors, you can gain a level of exp at the last few non-heroic levels with just the 6 knights and no friends (some people got over level 1000 that way before Heroic existed), so if you weave bits of that inbetween the heroic runs, you might be able to do a continuous 12+ hour Heroic grinding session without needing breaks for health regen...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration