GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How is it possible?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    If you would pay attention to my description you would see this is not the case I am describing at all. One team wins all 5 of the nodes and that team has less deploy points than us. Simply mathematically not possible.

I am still waiting for any sort of Gree response on this either to a ticket or on forum. I see you have time to respond to other issues, but not this one?
    The answer is one of two:
    1 - They don't know
    2 - They can't say

From what I've been told, 2 is the answer, because if all were known, a ruckus would soon become an insurrection.

DADT - don't ask, don't tell (Bill Clinton created it, used in across the DoD for years.)
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Andy if you have screen shots showing it please do so. Show a node and the final score. I don't think you've said anything at this point that reveals a problem. And as no one has really replied in support of what you have described I would venture a guess that there really isn't a problem. A lot is screwed up but if there's one thing that is true when it is screwed up there is no shortage of people to support it. Right now you are only one. I'm not knocking you, I think you and/or your team misunderstand how this event works.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbl79 View Post
    Andy if you have screen shots showing it please do so. Show a node and the final score. I don't think you've said anything at this point that reveals a problem. And as no one has really replied in support of what you have described I would venture a guess that there really isn't a problem. A lot is screwed up but if there's one thing that is true when it is screwed up there is no shortage of people to support it. Right now you are only one. I'm not knocking you, I think you and/or your team misunderstand how this event works.
    My team always gets t15 or better FL and has a great understanding of the event, and have talked to many people on the other t15 teams and none of them understand it. I assure you is not our understand of the game that is the issue. It is simple math.

If Team 1 wins every node that means they had more points on each node than Team 2. Therefor it is impossible for Team 2 to have more overall points. Yet that is what the scores are showing.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Maybe your team had pending deploys when the battle ended and you did not control any nodes. But your pending deploys counted toward your overall points. Most events like WD and Leader Board get locked early before the event actually ends but you still get the points. Frontline might be the same. Droid deploys stay in pending for while before being deployed.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This is gree's maths. Nothing is wrong even when a 2bil attack guy can won against 50 bil defense.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ibeweary View Post
    Maybe your team had pending deploys when the battle ended and you did not control any nodes. But your pending deploys counted toward your overall points. Most events like WD and Leader Board get locked early before the event actually ends but you still get the points. Frontline might be the same. Droid deploys stay in pending for while before being deployed.
    It is likely something like this, but it occurs for more than just the end score screenshot. I have watched our team deploy on a single node while another team deploys on that node and the third team does nothing. our deploy points go up at a rate higher than the opposing team, yet their points on the node grow faster than ours. That would mean all of our deploys are just stuck in pending while none of theirs are.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Standard gree responce so far 'ignore it and it will go away'

Post Count
    It is likely something like this, but it occurs for more than just the end score screenshot. I have watched our team deploy on a single node while another team deploys on that node and the third team does nothing. our deploy points go up at a rate higher than the opposing team, yet their points on the node grow faster than ours. That would mean all of our deploys are just stuck in pending while none of theirs are.
    I fully agree with this. I've seen some kinda rules from Gree on their website or something about a special "hidden" bonus during deploys on the nodes. While this wont effect the teams overall points on the bottom left, it will effect the points going onto a node. But I don't think it has to do with deploys pending. I have seen deploys get stuck in pending, but nothing that effects end scores.

For Instance -
    If only 2 teams are deploying on the node, then you have Team 1 in the lead, and Team 2 thats not. Then Team 2 only needs to do 1/2 +1 point more to have more points than the total points on the board. But, the special "hidden" modiifier going into deploys on that node. It isnt adding to either teams points, it just adding to the node itself. Meaning you still have to do 1/2 of whats on the node. You could even do more than the other team, but if its not 1/2, you wont take it.

Just my theory though. Have been looking at this for a while now. And yes, I've seen the issue in the OP's post bunches of times. Maybe Gree will shed some light on it, maybe not. Either or, I'm confident enough in my theory.
    https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en...Frontline-FAQs

My theory might not be what they are talking about on here, but I think it is, and there is calculations in the background running that we cant see. I dont think the math is as cut and dry as we think it is.
    Last edited by SGT Rud; 03-10-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    I fully agree with this. I've seen some kinda rules from Gree on their website or something about a special "hidden" bonus during deploys on the nodes. While this wont effect the teams overall points on the bottom left, it will effect the points going onto a node. But I don't think it has to do with deploys pending. I have seen deploys get stuck in pending, but nothing that effects end scores.

For Instance -
    If only 2 teams are deploying on the node, then you have Team 1 in the lead, and Team 2 thats not. Then Team 2 only needs to do 1/2 +1 point more to have more points than the total points on the board. But, the special "hidden" modiifier going into deploys on that node. It isnt adding to either teams points, it just adding to the node itself. Meaning you still have to do 1/2 of whats on the node. You could even do more than the other team, but if its not 1/2, you wont take it.

Just my theory though. Have been looking at this for a while now. And yes, I've seen the issue in the OP's post bunches of times. Maybe Gree will shed some light on it, maybe not. Either or, I'm confident enough in my theory.

My theory might not be what they are talking about on here, but I think it is, and there is calculations in the background running that we cant see. I dont think the math is as cut and dry as we think it is.
    Just read the link you posted and this was in there---- " The deploys of rivals at the same node will increase the modifier, but ultimately, the faction that has the most deploys to a node wins the node and gains all of the control points."

So this is basically saying you can have Team 1 with 10,000 gunners on a node and Team 2 has 11,000 tanks, team 2 will win the node? Did I read that right?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbodychris View Post
    Just read the link you posted and this was in there---- " The deploys of rivals at the same node will increase the modifier, but ultimately, the faction that has the most deploys to a node wins the node and gains all of the control points."

So this is basically saying you can have Team 1 with 10,000 gunners on a node and Team 2 has 11,000 tanks, team 2 will win the node? Did I read that right?
    I'm sure they mean deploy points.. The node-level modifier is a weird one though, that I hadn't spotted before.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post

For Instance -

I think it's a load-driven processing error. If I look at total deploy points and total control points scored in each of my faction's battles over the last two FLs, it's a pretty tight linear relationship, with the total deploy points = close to 2.75 x control points. However there are 2 clear outliers in very busy battles, where the relationship breaks down.

If I add in data from an additional few FLs prior to that there is more of a scatter and more outliers -- perhaps in the interim the server capacity has been beefed up.? Or alternatively they've removed any "invisible" node-level multiplier.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I think it's a load-driven processing error. If I look at total deploy points and total control points scored in each of my faction's battles over the last two FLs, it's a pretty tight linear relationship, with the total deploy points = close to 2.75 x control points. However there are 2 clear outliers in very busy battles, where the relationship breaks down.

If I add in data from an additional few FLs prior to that there is more of a scatter and more outliers -- perhaps in the interim the server capacity has been beefed up.? Or alternatively they've removed any "invisible" node-level multiplier.
    This is exactly my thoughts, and why I feel it is a glitch and gree owes us points. My assumption is that too many deploys were being sent to the server at once and the points were counted on are score but never 'made it' to the node. Ultimately in these battles I am saying an error was made there are way less than the normal ratio of deploy points to control points - AKA our deploy points counted, but not as control points. So if the points were accrued correctly we would have won the node if Gree did not screw up. This is a huge error and needs to be fixed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This is exactly my thoughts, and why I feel it is a glitch and gree owes us points. My assumption is that too many deploys were being sent to the server at once and the points were counted on are score but never 'made it' to the node. Ultimately in these battles I am saying an error was made there are way less than the normal ratio of deploy points to control points - AKA our deploy points counted, but not as control points. So if the points were accrued correctly we would have won the node if Gree did not screw up. This is a huge error and needs to be fixed.
    The 2 outliers i have work both ways... one with too many total control points, and one with too few control points. I'll bung a couple of charts up tomorrow if I have time.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    The 2 outliers i have work both ways... one with too many total control points, and one with too few control points. I'll bung a couple of charts up tomorrow if I have time.
    All of the examples I have there have been too many deploy points for the amount of control points rewarded... just further pointing me towards my thought that we are deploying troops and the server can not keep up with them and is not counting all of our deploys on the node.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All of the examples I have there have been too many deploy points for the amount of control points rewarded... just further pointing me towards my thought that we are deploying troops and the server can not keep up with them and is not counting all of our deploys on the node.
    It's possible that overawarding of points may not leap out as mucH!