Future WD's - Apollo ranks vs the rest + new era of Modern Peace!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future WD's - Apollo ranks vs the rest + new era of Modern Peace!

Post Count

Future WD's - Apollo ranks vs the rest + new era of Modern Peace!

As you may have noticed, Gree introduced the new Apollo ranks. One of the advantages of the Apollo rank units is that you can buy these million point stat ships and if you want, recycle them to easily make a billion or 2 of valor.
    Couple that with the new boost buildings ... and now you have folks in the top ranks who easily have stats ranging from 300 Billion to higher than 1 Trillion in defense (that is not a typo).

What does this mean during WD?
    • If you are not a top 10 team (which likely has a concentration of the Apollo ranks), then if you face one of these teams, then you should just take that hour off, as none of the opposition will be hittable (power attack also will not be enough)
    • You have the aha moment and now want to join a top 10 team. The minimum stat requirements for these teams is likely going to go up ... so you are now stuck outside looking in. Might as well give up/stop playing, or buy gold and spend loads of it upgrading your stats

How can you catch up?
    • Spend your days/nights going through the grind of hitting higher ranked players in your +/- 10-15 lvl range for BP.
      Warning to the wary, this is extremely tedius! & especially at lvls below 300, where there is not a lot a high ranked players, and almost everyone is chasing that 1 or 2 guys who are actually higher ranked. Here the best you can expect to get in terms of BP can range from 10-35k. IF you are lucky, you might find someone who gives you 50k+ BP.
    • You do need to keep your eye on the ball while doing the BP grind, because like most of the non-Apollo's, you likely need over 1 Billion BP to catch up. Most of the current Apollo's got there by scoring anywhere from 300k - 1 million BP in WD over 2+ year period. So they earned their rank and now due to the genius of Gree you need to make that up in as short a time as possible, that is if you wish to continue playing this game and be competitive.

What can Gree do?
    IMHO there are few easy things Gree can do to assist players willing to devote time to the BP grind
    • Expand the +/- lvl lookup range. This should be expanded to +/- 35-50 lvls
    • Increase (by 2-5x) the rank based BP limits
    • Since buildings lvls 11-20 cost 2 stamina, double the BP you can get from such buildings
    • Reduce the Stamina regen time by 50%

Note: The above are suggestions, and Gree can choose to implement none/all/some of them. I understand that the big spenders might not fully be happy about this, but the recent changes means that what previously was a manageable gap between the top 10/25 teams and the rest, is now a chasm that cannot be easily bridged.

Disclosure:
    I will admit that as a player, playing this game for over 3 years, and currently dealing with the BP grind, the above post is a bit self-serving. But its also based on my experience trying to do the BP grind and seeing the challenges/frustrations of it, where i feel that something needs to change. Today a golden colonel rank (which is my BP rank from having played for 3 years) still needs over 1 billion more BP to get to Apollo!
    Last edited by xknite; 03-04-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Post Count
    You're spot on with your analysis
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The wise lion doesn't worry about the speed of the fastest zebra

Post Count
    In WD I would avoid players with low stats because usually it translated into getting low points. For top teams its going to be like hitting minis all of the time.
    Account Creation: 2012-09-22 21:57

Lurker
    Post Count
    BP grind .... To catch up with my contemporaries I got to do 14,000 hits. And then I got to complete dragon and Apollo ranks. I wonder why I would do this insanity. I'm justifying it on back of my investment and we all got to have an addiction. For new starters in game I would say forget top 50 factions - which limits ones gold spend. My point is where's the next generation of players coming from? Where's the sustainable revenue for gree.

Plus all but the bonus units that I am busily collecting in FLTQ and boss have a lifetime of until I get Apollo rank or quit.

My guess is once gree catches on we will see another stat inflation, more gold buildings. And the futility of the journey we are all on will be re-inforced. Someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I saw some player accounts with Apollo rank having 25,000 - 30,000 ships. I guess it was never intended in first place for the player accounts to have that many when the unit was released in store. of course it was pricing error that caused the problem but the price was revised after 4 days later. Now, an Apollo rank player account can purchase about 1000 ships for 115B in-game cash. Disparity of stats will be huge between the new Apollo rank accounts and existing Apollo accounts that bought those ships at a throw away price.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Most top 10 players are not in the apollo ranks right now, so there will still be plenty of targets. And the people that are untouchable to the majority of us, deserve to be imo.

Not sure what the problem is here? This is one of the things I enjoy about this game. I have been working on my rank for sometime now and I currently can get 100k+ per hit. Every rank I go up it gets better. Anybody can get their rank up so get out there and get hitting or quit, whining about it is pointless.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=beerandbones22;1481676]Not sure what the problem is here? This is one of the things I enjoy about this game. I have been working on my rank for sometime now and I currently can get 100k+ per hit. Every rank I go up it gets better. Anybody can get their rank up so get out there and get hitting or quit, whining about it is pointless.[/QUOTE

Exactly, it's a game, start playing it. Don't expect Gree to take the game out of the game for you!

Post Count
    Easiest Solution is to offer up some new cash/Valor units that are not based off rank.

Obviously they wouldn't be as powerful but there would be a closer gap.

Also I can tell you that most in top 10 don't have these units. (maybe top 2) That being said when they are getting 300k per hit off of each other they are sky rocketing in rank even more.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by beerandbones22 View Post
    Not sure what the problem is here? This is one of the things I enjoy about this game. I have been working on my rank for sometime now and I currently can get 100k+ per hit. Every rank I go up it gets better. Anybody can get their rank up so get out there and get hitting or quit, whining about it is pointless.
    The higher i go, the less BP i get per hit. There are only a few people at my level that gives me more than 25k.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It seems anymore that every other post on here is either from someone who hasn't been playing long enough to achieve the same results as someone who has played from the beginning but feels they deserve what the tenured player has or they are in a low ranked faction and feel they deserve what the top ranks earned(and yes PAID) for. If you haven't put forth both the time and the effort required you are not owed anything. Not everyone is an Apollo and if you haven't done what it takes to be an Apollo you don't deserve the same advantages they do. Find a new game if you don't like it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Face it. The game is done. They really screwed up. This is nearly unfixable. What top teams will see is the will find garbage points battling the lower factions, and whenthey get lucky and match a top 10, it will be a shootout, every time. Nothing but million point battles. Meanwhile, the lower top 50/75 will still push for rank and rewards. Once the match a top 10, fee targets will be found. The long-term effects mean the top 10 will die off because the player pool is gone. Thus, game over. And to top it off, they want us to do this for 7 days. Hahaha, right.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbl79 View Post
    It seems anymore that every other post on here is either from someone who hasn't been playing long enough to achieve the same results as someone who has played from the beginning but feels they deserve what the tenured player has or they are in a low ranked faction and feel they deserve what the top ranks earned(and yes PAID) for. If you haven't put forth both the time and the effort required you are not owed anything. Not everyone is an Apollo and if you haven't done what it takes to be an Apollo you don't deserve the same advantages they do. Find a new game if you don't like it.

Apollo? Why are you guys discussing the fake moon landings in here?

Congrats on your paid for pixel ranks!

GREEDy....we have a problem!

Post Count
    Solution for it... wait for it.... it's a big one.... become Apollo rank. Simples.