Question for mod. 64 bit ARM requirement by Apple / gree ports or no more MW? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for mod. 64 bit ARM requirement by Apple / gree ports or no more MW?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby1113 View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe they already did this for iOS devices. That is probably why there is so many issues with integers on droids now
    This is a very good point. I've believed for some time now that principal development on this game is done on iOS, which is where the developers do most of their test and validation. This is why so many glitches and exploits have cropped up on Android. That would explain why Android is hitting so many of these stupid glitches like this.

As an aside, as a Software Engineer, porting a program from 32-64 bit is for the most part not really a difficult task, especially if you're using higher-level programming languages. It's a little more tricky in C/C++.

This game is making way too much $ to shut it down. If I were to peg an event to signal the game's impending doom, I'd put it as SUP dropping out of the top 5-10. Or, the top 15 teams earning less than 50% of their current average in WD or FL.

An uptick in gold requirements is not necessarily a sign of the end, it's merely a sign that Gree has discovered what players are willing to spend gold on. I wish they'd just limit the gold requirements to FL and WD, and allow the active players to be rewarded on their participation in the other events.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As I've said its just a question that I am curious about, and which seems to explain what I have noticed to be, even by the disheartening standards i have come to expect, bizzare behaviour that disregards issues like customer satisfaction, quality control and reputation, ignoring fixing code errors which are basically beta tested and reported by the players, the list goes on.
    Many good posts off this topic, though none by GREE mods I note. And while it may not be a nightmare to update, as has been expressed that fact doesn't seem to have prevented the fixing of other problems that have been occurring for a long, long time. I was poking around in response to some of these posts, and noticed the following on a webpage about working at GREE:
    "Cons:
    Equity grants (phantom shares, since company trades in Tokyo) are paltry and rapidly dwindling in value. Stock price has fallen by about 75% from its peak in late 2012.

Gaming is a hit driven business, and GREE has done little (both in the US and Japan) to best position itself to innovate and create a top-10 title on its own. The company acquired 3 top-10 titles via the Funzio acquisition, but recent development efforts have centered around re-skinning existing titles and copying other successful games out in the market.

Highly political organization. The people who present the best ideas and produce the best work are often not the ones who are recognized/rewarded/promoted.

Major talent exodus. It feels like the smartest, most respected and most accomplished employees are leaving the company in droves."

The most common complaint, however, seems to be "lack of communication between teams and between mid/upper management and employees," which sounds like the model we experience here in MW.

One jaded employee is easily dismissed. But that got said in one way or another by employees post 2013 reviews constantly. As of today stock is down 37% for the year, showing that people other than this forum have doubts about the comapny as well.

I do tend to see patterns and to attribute manipulation or intent where there is really just incompetence and greed when I examine issues where people are just blowing their responsibilities, so perhaps this is what I am doing here. But I'm thinking as the "glass half full," side of this scenario we have: incompetence, greed and no apparent desire to make a quality product. That's a pretty nasty glass. The half empty side almost seems better now that I write. That would be the "rob and run" part. It's not the whole company, mind you, just this MW game. Perhaps it's less a cash cow and more an albatross? Dropping the losing part of your sinking ship is an old concept. Toss the junk over the side first when things get bad. Like I've said, what is really going on I've no idea, it's why I ask.
    "If GREE does something you like, do NOT post about it.
    Or, enjoy the nerf."
    -Vile Lynn
    "can we ban use use of the words, "fun," and "exciting," on the forum...?"
    -Ozymandias

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob TRK View Post
    The issue here may well be that this upgrade means support for older client operating systems (Your phone or tablet) is not available.
    Was afraid of that too, but : "If you've got an older iPhone or iPad (anything with an Apple A5 or A6 chip in it) this announcement means nothing to you. Like their OS X counterparts, 64-bit iOS apps can be distributed as universal binaries that support both 32- and 64-bit processors." (link)

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gileas View Post
    The most common complaint, however, seems to be "lack of communication between teams and between mid/upper management and employees," which sounds like the model we experience here in MW.
    As I've mentioned numerous times before, the problems with this game stem from project management.

To non software engineers it won't be readily apparent but being in the industry I can spot classic symptoms of management problems.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusImperium View Post
    As I've mentioned numerous times before, the problems with this game stem from project management.

To non software engineers it won't be readily apparent but being in the industry I can spot classic symptoms of management problems.

To anyone who is familiar with business or engineering this sticks out like a sore thumb. It's easy to spot management and executive issues that likely hamper proper software developement. IE, they don't keep round the clock engineers to fix bugs that are pushed on war weekends. Or they bring things into play that are all geared towards revenue and hurt gameplay. IE, the equipment fiasco. Funzio had a great platform that gamers loved, and had a great client base and market, which is why Gree purchased mw. Now they have a very typical investor/developer/client relationship, wherein the investors want short term returns at whatever expense that is. They push developers to create an atmoshphere that will have higher profit margins even if that hurts the long term potentiol for the client. Investors who go in a business like gaming want big returns fast, and look to pull out as soon as they see something better. This is not your dad's retirement plan, it's your buddies next get rich quick idea. It's upntonthe company executives to protect the game from investors destroying the client base to earn an easy dollar. The sooner Gree realizes this the better player experience will improve.

Sorry from detracting from the op topic, but this is the money side of the equation, which will always trump tech issues.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Getting a chuckle imagining the looks on Gree faces Monday morning when they see this thread. "Wait, what?" or "What is a 64-bit?" I don't know either, but its not my job to know.
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This game has always had "glitches, cheats, mistakes, hacks, gifts from gree", the latter being my favorite excuse, that players have had the chance to partake in. Some have taken advantage of them, some have not. But anyhow, will Gree update this to 64 bit? You bet your sweet a$$ they will. Lack of programmers and customer support means they have no overhead expenses. We have all been a victim of terrible customer support for how long now? No matter how screwed up this game gets, there will always be people to spend, and spend big, thinking that the next cycle will give them the advantage over that one player that keeps raiding them. Everyone has that one player they want to get revenge on. No?
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajk View Post
    This game has always had "glitches, cheats, mistakes, hacks, gifts from gree", the latter being my favorite excuse, that players have had the chance to partake in. Some have taken advantage of them, some have not. But anyhow, will Gree update this to 64 bit? You bet your sweet a$$ they will. Lack of programmers and customer support means they have no overhead expenses. We have all been a victim of terrible customer support for how long now? No matter how screwed up this game gets, there will always be people to spend, and spend big, thinking that the next cycle will give them the advantage over that one player that keeps raiding them. Everyone has that one player they want to get revenge on. No?
    LMAO you're Gree's standard customer. They love you

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeejay View Post
    LMAO you're Gree's standard customer. They love you
    Haha! It'll be two years this July since I've been a "customer". I prefer to Dew Nuttin my own way.

If you're DEWIN NUTTIN wif SUMWON, you ain't DEWIN NUTTIN no more.

I'm sure PJ would agree.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Lurker
    Post Count

The end of ( insert Gree game name here)

Quote Originally Posted by crazeejay View Post
    Gree is gonna milk this sucker dry!
    This is what happened with Monster Quest.
    The quest became repetitive, and it was a less complicated game so that seemed inconsequential. It took 6 months but it be became clear that the hat was the plan.
    I guess many games have a shelf life. One of the reasons I spend money knowing it is a moment of pleasure expenditure. Like a movie. If you can say you won't have regrets in a week, month, year when the game is closed down...you won.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    All i know is i am an android player and we as players have always had the short straw when it came to the game play experience yet recently it seems droid development/programming has become way better then in the past. Is this because they employed decent people, started to realize there are many more android players, or are gearing up for android to be the only ones playing i have no idea. I dont claim to know anything about how to run this game or anything about programming, but i am a business owner and i know if my customers aren't happy i dont make money. I understand to us this is a game we play for enjoyment, also that alot of us have and do spend alot of money on and to gree this is a business/money maker the fact that there has been no response at all to this post is even more alarming. I will say this take ios users ot of the picture the game will not be the same so it may aswell be shut down, surely if the question that gileas has put forward is just an over reaction to the situation why hasnt anything been said. Appears to me that legal teams are being consulted to best give an answer that answers nothing but implicates them in nothing also (I'm sure we have all received responses to tickets that have done exactly this). If you have nothing to hide gree post something that answers the questions and do something to keep us players happy instead of hoping it will blow over.

Quote Originally Posted by GSF Wingman GRI View Post
    Interesting...
    It does spark interest. Thinking about all the things going on. R.b
    Event with insane stats. New boost buildings all cost gold. New money buildings all costing gold. New expansion platoon costing gold. The race to 350 will definitely cost gold. A 7 day war for what reason, to collect more gold. Why not milk us for all its worth. Business only care about one thing when it is a cash cow. MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES. I for one was really intrigued by this thread, and based off of the current game trend I feel that is has a lot of truth behind it. So I will become a free player, and wait for the day when I try to log on and get an error message saying can't connect to servers please try again later.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Very informal posts here, would like to see what a paid mod would do

Banned
    Post Count
    The mods are just a go between person. Need a response from a gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    If you look under events the community managers must not talk to each other. The same post days apart so why would they answer any questions here.