Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 100bullets View Post
    Like I said would like a response if this is the new norm I need to destroy all low level players who hit a NPC I am in or my caps. If you have boosting in your world when they get caught mass cap them
    I think Gree's only response can be move events away from events that can be cheated in. As players will always find ways to boost in these event types so we need events that cannot be boosted in these ways....

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    I agree, it's not right. These players should have their bases returned
    It did not say morale wouldn't go down. It said any attacks landing after the cool down period would be sent back.

So if you started your cap before the cool down period the player would not get a free bubble and morale boost. It encouraged people leave troops in their bases and not play hide units. I think all maintenance times should be done in this manner. It takes weeks to cap a persons base anyways with all the freaking bubbles and morale boosts gree hands out.

This probably only affected the people who hide their units and always keep base empty. Hopefully it's a good lesson for them. I believe that any outposts as they are called in the game left unattended would be taken over by renegade armies in real life. So people with empty 34s and 38s after no troops being in the for a 24 or 48 hours renagade armies should attempt to cap, if they do base becomes a NPC
    Last edited by 100bullets; 03-09-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100bullets View Post
    It did not say morale wouldn't go down. It said any attacks landing after the cool down period would be sent back.

So if you started your cap before the cool down period the player would not get a free bubble and morale boost. It encouraged people leave troops in their bases and not play hide units. I think all maintenance times should be done in this manner. It takes weeks to cap a persons base anyways with all the freaking bubbles and morale boosts gree hands out.

This probably only affected the people who hide their units and always keep base empty. Hopefully it's a good lesson for them. I believe that any outposts as they are called in the game left unattended would be taken over by renegade armies in real life. So people with empty 34s and 38s after no troops being in the for a 24 or 48 hours renagade armies should attempt to cap, if they do base becomes a NPC
    I think it was one of the sad moments in the game when I realized I was better off not defending, and the game became a hide and seek one. But your idea of npc attacks is fine they would be easy to fend off but that means only needing to send a few units or leaving a few to not trigger an attack if that rule was added it would need some work to get it giving the desired outcome.
    Maybe a min unit value requirment based on the level of the outpost.

But this all comes down to why players don't defend. I know why I don't, because I would lose every unit I have in an BP event as I have no way to defend them, because I am so far out of touch with the top players, boosts and commanders.

So if they add this, there has got to be a balance to defending a change to the attack system so smaller players can defend.
    A system that boost the small players defence power when there is a level difference in the players.
    Possibly a fortified bonuse for units and commanders of the defender. Based on level diffrence.
    Possibly a no cc attack rule with the boosts so big players can gain no real BP so no hits giving 3 million BP for 30k loss to the attacker.
    Only players in a set level ring can cc attack and cap.
    Create a defence system where if a player has set units in they get boosts so the game creats like a mini template for the defender showing what boosts they get with set units in the outpost.
    Or add any system that gives players of any level, a fighting chance the game was at its best when players were activly defending but the game and the players were far more balanced back then.

But a big issue for players is losing bases its the ultimate loss no one likes it when they get booted only for the base to be abandoned and you lose all your upgrades. Especially since we have level 15 stuff that takes hundreds of hours to get leveled up to.

This is where a old suggestion of mine could come in territory. bases expand past there boundaries so any base can be big a bit like civ the higher the level the base the bigger the area it increases the bases worth so creates a target worth hitting and then we have ground control where bases over lap you get contested ground that too can be battled over for control and captured so capture battles are not over the cc but the ground around your base. Cc capture battles then are only available if there are no units in the cc of the base or players have to capture a route in too the the centre of the territory to be able to do it. so they change hands rarely but as everyone has big bases the battles are over territory.
    Placing of commanders could be tactical they only cover say the area of a current outpost so large outposts need multi commanders to defend them so probe attacks to find a players weakest defence point.

Then again location on the map becomes the reason to move as the better resources are nearer the middle of the map.
    So players will fight to hold territory closer the middle.

Throw in a new resource food and farms and control of territory comes down to players balancing production with food if players auto lose territory if they run out of food.... So they either need to raid to get food or rebalance there production to create more food or capture farms.
    If food was balanced against army size and outpost size the larger you are the harder it is to balance the game becomes more fluid and remains challenging even for top players as they become more susceptible to attack as they get bigger.