Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Exclamation War of Nations Weekly Feedback (3/3/15)

Hello War of Nations Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on War of Nations. Every Tuesday we will sticky a new weekly feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

The intention of the thread is to collect the ongoing thoughts from our customers, it is not meant for discussion.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
    Customer Support
    Community Support
    Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Nothing problem specific for this week yet, just a few general over all improvements.

I would like a way to open more commanders. I currently have unopened in my inventory: over 200 guaranteed epics, over 400 elites, LTM recruits (11 viktor recruits, 9 claymore recruits, 9 timber recruits, 6 vega recruits, 2 augustus recruits, 4 molotov recruits), 7 unopened elite 10 packs, Bundle recruits (60 windfall recruits, 24 tank recruits, 20 sonic boom recruits), Event recruits (13 plat recruits, 9 gold recruits, 2 silver recruits, 3 copper recruits), plus an absurd amount of junior and senior recruits.

I spend good deal of money on this game and the majority of my money goes towards collecting LTM recruits and event recruits as well as towards the Cross World Events in order to collect master. I always open my masters first whenever I free up space and currently have between 75 and 100 Masters opened. I have a complete set of perfect merged original masters and almost have a complete second set of perfect merged original masters and even have a 3rd perfect merged fury forge. My point in stating all this is I spend a decent amount of money on the game and play in the alliance that wins the majority of the Global Domination events but I cannot open over 700 recruits. I understand limiting the number of open commanders forces players to level and merge the commanders in order to open new ones. Forcing them to level and merge them will squeeze money out of players that are too lazy to level them by attacking. However, most of my opened commanders are fully leveled to their max level prior to merging and are waiting for matches so I can merge them. I like to perfect merge all my commanders and if I am 1 plat recruit short, I have a pm level 80 70 60 and 50 of that plat recruit taking up slots in my allowed commander limit. I am at the point in the game where I have well over 30 level 90 and 100 commanders, therefore, a level 70 or lower commander is completely useless to me, and a level 80 commander rarely gets used.

I believe this has been suggested before but I would really like some sort of commander storage option. This could be done similarly to the unit storage system in League of War where you have a specific number of "active" commanders and the rest of the commanders are sent to storage. This way if I have fully leveled commanders waiting for matches I can simply send them to storage and open more commanders from my inventory in an attempt to get the match. The current commander number system now only allows me to open 1-2 comms at a time when I finally merge a comm to create a slot. I am very close to the point where I will not be able to merge anymore comms to create space to open new ones. This current system is starting to discourage me from spending money to collect future LTM commanders, master recruits, event recruits, etc. because even if I do collect them I will not be able to open them. As you can see from my list above I currently have 6 unopened "sets" of LTM comms, most of which are from the last 1-2 months. I like collecting the LTM comms because they are rare, some of the strongest comms, tricky to get, and offer a form of new excitement each month. However if I can't even open them, then what's the point?

My second issue with the game is how the odds system works for crate items. When you actually need items such as power, fusion, and plasma base cores, scrap metal, microchips, salvage batteries, power cells, etc. you either never or almost never get them. However, once you complete the upgrades or necessary tasks involving specific items, you begin to get that item all the time. I can honestly say that I did not get a single one of my base cores from crates when I actually needed them to build an op, but now I get them regularly. This is the same for all the item needed for commander upgrades. I am currently maxed out on commander upgrades and experimental upgrades, and have all the base cores I need, yet I get the items related to these objectives all the time but never got them when I actually needed them. I know I am not the only one to experience this because this is a common complaint among the War of Nations community. I'm not accusing GREE of increasing the odds of getting an item once the player has completed the objectives that use that specific item, but it sure seems like it.

Please take this into consideration, more so the comm storage issue.

Thanks,
    --Bomber

I agree with the above give us an active list for commanders set this as our max number of active commanders list.
    But let players open any commanders they get into a training school.

Commanders in the training list cannot be used in app until they are moved to the active list. This lets us open unlimited numbers of commanders but stick to the max commanders rule.
    All commanders move between the list from home base so to make it a tactical thing, so players have to move them back to home base to deactivate them to allow new commanders in from the training list. Which again emerge from home base as new commanders do now.
    So home base is the doorway between the 2 lists.

I would like to see power cell drops back to the level they were at, before satellites were added. we need 10's of thousands of them because of the rubbish commander upgrade system so limiting the supply is not good.
    Add a salvage option to attacks so if a player is after a certain item the game increases the odds of finding that type of item and decreases the chances of finding others. With these types of options you can see what players want and make changes to the game from the feed back
    So new players looking for base core's can select them as priority salvage from attacks
    Players looking for satellite parts select them
    Same for commanders, power core's, and commander upgrade items, like batteries chips etc we select what priority order they are for us. the item drop odds are tweaked to reflect our priority list. That way you can please everyone. For once....

Your packages are a joke. Elite 10 pack? Yea, Go ahead and waste the money. You will get 10/30 comms all. Then you call a 15/40 epic? Hardly. More like cannon fodder.

unless gree does something soon there will be no point in playing the game cause there will be no actives left

Quote Originally Posted by ozyborn View Post
    Your packages are a joke. Elite 10 pack? Yea, Go ahead and waste the money. You will get 10/30 comms all. Then you call a 15/40 epic? Hardly. More like cannon fodder.
    I agree anything that cannot make a 90 are not worth the effort or the room in your inventor. Because I am not a serial gold player, all I have is 1-2 of lots of 50's types which again are pointless
    It ok staying that old commanders come back but if they only come back at 1800 gold a shot with poor commanders at the end of the list I am not dropping £100 to risk getting 10 15/40 epics and the fact Gree, rolls the commander list so often with no trade system to swop them you end up with expensive commanders worth nothing. Because unless you can make a dirty 90-100 from them they are of no use.

Stop with the gambling gree give me items I can buy that I know what I am getting up front, then I may start spending again.
    I don't mind gambling in game on battle results, but I for one don't want to gamble with my money as the odds this game gives you are terrible. Every time I trust it to spend I get my fingers burned.

Notifications: Please can you totally change the set up and let us choose which notifications we get.

Getting woken up in the middle of the night up thinking someone has attacked only to find out 100 arts (or what ever) have just finished been built is very very annoying.

Also I get no notifications if someone is attacking until they actually attack me! It is to late by then, by the time you load the game and get through the ridiculous amount of popups its all over. The radar is useless in this way, it doesnt warn you of anything unless you are staring at the screen 24 hours a day.

Thanks

Last update has a major screw up, before you get no ap or BP when you attack well below you level, you used to get BP if they attacked you. Now you get neither. So people are starting to hit you with their alts. So you have an AP event their alts hit you they get some points but you get nothing. And you're loosing some units. Or you cap a NPC someone levels below hits it you get no BP at all. You're capping someone, they use their alt to weaken your army because their alt will get points for event and you will get no points. This new change is terrible, it encourages less fighting between players and for people to create and use alts more.
    I would like a response if this was planned or a mistake. If planned I need to start destroying all lower level players who accidentally hit me so I don't take chance it's someone's alt or actually create an alt myself just to hit people and cheat same way. Either option is horrific. So please tell me if this you guys are planning to change this

Quote Originally Posted by 100bullets View Post
    Last update has a major screw up, before you get no ap or BP when you attack well below you level, you used to get BP if they attacked you. Now you get neither. So people are starting to hit you with their alts. So you have an AP event their alts hit you they get some points but you get nothing. And you're loosing some units. Or you cap a NPC someone levels below hits it you get no BP at all. You're capping someone, they use their alt to weaken your army because their alt will get points for event and you will get no points. This new change is terrible, it encourages less fighting between players and for people to create and use alts more.
    I would like a response if this was planned or a mistake. If planned I need to start destroying all lower level players who accidentally hit me so I don't take chance it's someone's alt or actually create an alt myself just to hit people and cheat same way. Either option is horrific. So please tell me if this you guys are planning to change this
    Looks legit as it has become pretty common to boost yourself with your alt hitting you.

Attention War of Nations Community!

War of Nations will be down for approximately 9 hours starting at 9:00pm PST on Saturday 3/7/15 for daylight savings time maintenance.
    We will automatically be awarding all players 100% fuel consumption reduction boosts for that period so no units are lost due to lack of fuel.
    Armies arriving to occupy players after 9pm will be automatically returned home.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am 100% sure that said morale would not drop during the shutdown. Guess it was changed. Good job Gree...yet again people are loosing bases during a planned shutdow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Attention War of Nations Community!

War of Nations will be down for approximately 9 hours starting at 9:00pm PST on Saturday 3/7/15 for daylight savings time maintenance.
    We will automatically be awarding all players 100% fuel consumption reduction boosts for that period so no units are lost due to lack of fuel.
    Armies arriving to occupy players after 9pm will be automatically returned home.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am 100% sure that said morale would not drop during the shutdown. Guess it was changed. Good job Gree...yet again people are loosing bases during a planned shutdow.

No, the morale kept going down and some players in My world lost their bases

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    No, the morale kept going down and some players in My world lost their bases
    Correct..but the first notification said morale would not drop during the shutdown then it was edited. I can not see how u think this is an acceptable outcome of your maintenance shutdown. If the game is offline, especially a planned maintenance period, morale should not drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Correct..but the first notification said morale would not drop during the shutdown then it was edited. I can not see how u think this is an acceptable outcome of your maintenance shutdown. If the game is offline, especially a planned maintenance period, morale should not drop.
    I agree, it's not right. These players should have their bases returned

Quote Originally Posted by dnd View Post
    Looks legit as it has become pretty common to boost yourself with your alt hitting you.
    Like I said would like a response if this is the new norm I need to destroy all low level players who hit a NPC I am in or my caps. If you have boosting in your world when they get caught mass cap them