Upcoming epic boss event - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming epic boss event

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Looks like it's worse than we thought. One of my guild mates has reached the level 100 Bosses, and she says the health is 16,500

Thanks Gree, since you set the bar too high, now I won't have to spend any time on legendary and can relax for a few days.
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Here is some data for you to analyze Gree(dy bums)

From the 50 players i have data forfree and gold hit (yes i make epic boss hit tables so i have data but i know how to use it)
    Average free hit = 846 which results in average gold hit = 1126

To complete normal epic boss you will need 13 548 500 gold
    To kill one lvl 100 epic boss with as least hits as possible you will need 14 gold hits and 1 free hit.
    To complete legendary with this optimal hit ratio you will need 36 750 000 gold.

that is more money than an entire LTB costs but you ask it in 6 days...

ow and to give some more info:
    An income/hour of 100k gives in 6 days a max of 14 400 000 gold
    An income/hour of 200k gives in 6 days a max of 28 800 000 gold (obviously..)

And that is if you can collect all your buildings continuously..
    Last edited by Saint-BEL; 03-05-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Anyone notice that gold EB damage is only 1.33x instead of 1.5x?

Sweet {T}, Trillian

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeydoc View Post
    Anyone notice that gold EB damage is only 1.33x instead of 1.5x?

Sweet {T}, Trillian
    Yes, that changed on the last Epic Boss.
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Missed seeing that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeydoc View Post
    Missed seeing that.
    Nothing surprises me. I actually expected it to be worse than this, but I have very low standards with respect to this precious little game.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    We should not be surprised if Gree increases EB difficulty if some of us reach the level 100 bosses after a bit more than one day already. That's not needed to finish legendary in time.

A free hit of 846 is also more than many of us have. So it takes even more gold and more hits than in the example shown!

Although I do agree that gold is an issue, even a much bigger problem is the time needed to finish. I finished legendary last time, also thanks to a lot of raiding and a reasonable amount of gems. This time, still raiding a lot and with a less gold consuming LTB quest, I should be able to get enough gold again, but probably not enough time!

So Gree, if you do not want to lose even more players, DO NOT further increase EB difficulty!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree,

You are going to shut the game down for several hours and told us you adjusted event difficulty to account for this - but instead you increased it by about 15%. Worse, only a small percentage of players could have kept pace. Many of your biggest gemmers could not.

In order to keep pace with difficulty a player would need to increase hit by over +150. I increased by +105. I got one piece of equipment that helped for +30 and got the +75 bonus for finishing top ten. I spent a lot of money with the expectation I would get better at EB, but I am now worse at it than last cycle.

Gree, please explain the logic here? I work hard and spend money, yet get worse? The same thing is happening with HRB. And I am at the top of the scale. The average player must be getting crushed.

How is this fun? When we spend money we should be seeing an improvement. But we are not.

I really want an answer. I am listening.

It appears that you are cranking up difficulty to squeeze the last gems and players out of the game (6 day war similar). Please talk to us.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hi,

The Devs are aware of this thread; thank you for your feedback!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hi,

Relic,

While I am glad that the Devs dropped the HP on the lower end by a larger margin, making the Epic Boss more accessible to those who are lesser geared, the changes of increasing the top end, and thereby increasing the requirements for Legendary mode, are still wrong.

I can understand that the whole bit where 1 or 2 free hits would kill a boss might kill the Epic Boss model, but as one of those who spent their ass off to make events such as the Epic Boss easier to accomplish, at that 15,400 hp for lv 100, it's still simply too high. I am one of those few lucky ones who has gotten lucky with chest drops; my free hit is ~1220 now, and my gold ~1650. Even so, we're looking @ 10 hits in gold to kill a single boss, and those lv 100 gold hits are anything but cheap. It costs a lot of time and a ton of gold for a single lv 100, and the Legendary mode requires us to take out 35 more lv 100 Epic Bosses. With an IPH somewhere between 275k and 300k, plus a massive raid gold bonus %, it is doable for me, but even then, it requires effort akin to a job to pull off. This is a game, not a job.

Suggested Change(s)

Free/Gold/Gem hit structure - While I know it used to be .66/1.00/4.00 of one's base attack before bonuses, the new model of 1.00/1.33/4.00 just isn't doing it. The gold and gem hits need a bump. I'd recommend perhaps a 1.00/1.50/5.00 change so that they are more viable. As it stands now, it is still more viable to use the 20 gems for a health refill and get those 5 free hits rather than drop 25 gems for the equivalent of 4 free hits / 3 gold hits under this current structure. By making the gold and gem hits more appealing, people might actually consider using them.

Legendary Mode - Something needs to be done here, whether it be the boss' HP, or the requirements for it. It's monotonous, it's boring, and under the current system it's just downright retarded to shoot for completing it. Like I said above, the effort required for this is akin to working a job. The device running KA has to be on, open to KA nearly 24/7, and one really cannot wait too long as each boss requires 13-16 free hits, if not more, depending on the user. Make this more accessible to everyone, and you might just see a bump in revenue as folks push to complete it rather than complacently sit there once it's too difficult.

HP Structure - Dropping the low end was a great idea, I will say that. However, increasing the top end yet again is stupid. I was lucky, I gained the +75 damage bonus plus almost 100 points in Hero Strength from gear. However, that is the rare exception. Your Top 10 guilds got the +75 damage bump, but many didn't really see an increase in gear. Perhaps 10, 20 points. Outside of the Top 10, well, that damage increase is almost 0. All you are doing is what you are extremely good at; alienating your player-base. Quit thinking with your pockets for a few minutes every day and think as gamers, if you all even are ones. It should be blatantly obvious that the model in place right now is not fun, entertaining, or rewarding.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ^
    |
    |
    what he said...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yep, a lot stronger and fewer prizes after level 70. You really know how to satisfy those who line your pockets!

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    May be only an other error of GREE, till lv 99 14850 and the extrapolation would end for lv 100 by 15500 but its 16500.
    Nevertheless the top players will have about 1500 damage per gold hit, there were some nice items in the chests last war (i had no luck, hate chests) and GREE wants money.
    And we got no answer why a gold hit is reduced to 1.33 instead of 1.5 damage.
    With 1.5 and 15500 all would be ok, hard but a trend to become better.
    The Red Baron TRB

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Relic,

While I am glad that the Devs dropped the HP on the lower end by a larger margin, making the Epic Boss more accessible to those who are lesser geared, the changes of increasing the top end, and thereby increasing the requirements for Legendary mode, are still wrong.

I can understand that the whole bit where 1 or 2 free hits would kill a boss might kill the Epic Boss model, but as one of those who spent their ass off to make events such as the Epic Boss easier to accomplish, at that 15,400 hp for lv 100, it's still simply too high. I am one of those few lucky ones who has gotten lucky with chest drops; my free hit is ~1220 now, and my gold ~1650. Even so, we're looking @ 10 hits in gold to kill a single boss, and those lv 100 gold hits are anything but cheap. It costs a lot of time and a ton of gold for a single lv 100, and the Legendary mode requires us to take out 35 more lv 100 Epic Bosses. With an IPH somewhere between 275k and 300k, plus a massive raid gold bonus %, it is doable for me, but even then, it requires effort akin to a job to pull off. This is a game, not a job.

Suggested Change(s)

Free/Gold/Gem hit structure - While I know it used to be .66/1.00/4.00 of one's base attack before bonuses, the new model of 1.00/1.33/4.00 just isn't doing it. The gold and gem hits need a bump. I'd recommend perhaps a 1.00/1.50/5.00 change so that they are more viable. As it stands now, it is still more viable to use the 20 gems for a health refill and get those 5 free hits rather than drop 25 gems for the equivalent of 4 free hits / 3 gold hits under this current structure. By making the gold and gem hits more appealing, people might actually consider using them.

Legendary Mode - Something needs to be done here, whether it be the boss' HP, or the requirements for it. It's monotonous, it's boring, and under the current system it's just downright retarded to shoot for completing it. Like I said above, the effort required for this is akin to working a job. The device running KA has to be on, open to KA nearly 24/7, and one really cannot wait too long as each boss requires 13-16 free hits, if not more, depending on the user. Make this more accessible to everyone, and you might just see a bump in revenue as folks push to complete it rather than complacently sit there once it's too difficult.

HP Structure - Dropping the low end was a great idea, I will say that. However, increasing the top end yet again is stupid. I was lucky, I gained the +75 damage bonus plus almost 100 points in Hero Strength from gear. However, that is the rare exception. Your Top 10 guilds got the +75 damage bump, but many didn't really see an increase in gear. Perhaps 10, 20 points. Outside of the Top 10, well, that damage increase is almost 0. All you are doing is what you are extremely good at; alienating your player-base. Quit thinking with your pockets for a few minutes every day and think as gamers, if you all even are ones. It should be blatantly obvious that the model in place right now is not fun, entertaining, or rewarding.
    + infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hi,

Sorry to say relic, but they are again a little to late...

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I fully support everything Lys posted.

Congratulations for such a nice free hit of 1220 now.
    I was not so lucky with chest drops and my free hit only increased by a whopping 2 since last eb, from 818 to 820.
    Last time it was already a 7 day almost full time task to accomplish legendary, even using some gems. But I did it. This time it is simply near to impossible, with a gold hit of now 1091 needing 16 hits to bring down the bosses 100+ with 16500 hp.

Relic, we do not see that it helps that Devs are aware of this thread. They were last time too! And what did they do??? Oh, I forgot... you adjusted the difficulty to account for the shutting down of the game this week-end!!! Otherwise we would have what? 17600 hp? 18700???