Thread: Gree first quarterly loss since 2013

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Gree first quarterly loss since 2013

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Hand adds that English language customer support will also be phased out in June this year.
    This made me LOL for two reasons. 1) When did they actually phase IN English language customer support? 2) A company posting a quarterly loss (possibly due in part to their history of never listening to real player/customer concerns) is cutting back on customer support.

Par for the Gree course. Counterintuitive as ever. Their company motto must be something like, "whatever you think you should do, do the opposite."

Post Count
    Wow, so "bend over and take it" turns out to be a bad bid'ness model? Who knew?
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The article says there is a list of 20 games to be chopped... wondering if CC is on that list?? Anyone knows?

Post Count
    I wouldn't buy any more gold just in case.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    For what it's worth. Card battle games can be a lot of fun short term. I'm addicted to Battle for The Throne.

I haven't dropped a dime on it yet, but if I continue to enjoy it going forward, that will change.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I also read that the CEO of Gree was net worth 1.8 billion US$ in 2013, but nowadays he is 'only' net worth 1.1 billion US$ (estimated). That's a loss of 700 million US$ in just 2 years: that is sick!

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    1) When did they actually phase IN English language customer support?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Bourne View Post
    The article says there is a list of 20 games to be chopped... wondering if CC is on that list?? Anyone knows?
    This article was directed at Gree International and not the entity that we play these games from (Gree Inc.). Their games involve things like Bleach/Naruto and other similar Anime style.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    From Feb 23, 2015 VentureBeat interview of Gree International CEO-

For Gree International this year, we’re focused on a few things. First and foremost, we’re building the team we want to have as the foundation to move us to the next level. In the background, you’ll see us start to move into Europe.

In the back half of the year, you’ll see us bringing a couple of games to market that are a step up in terms of quality of execution and gameplay compared to what Gree has produced in the past. This is a big step forward relative to where we’ve been — bigger screens, faster processors, faster GPUs. We’re going to move the quality of our games to that next level.

Importantly, with our RPG studio, we’re going to start on our next-gen game this March. It’s going to be a big project — all-in, high conviction. That’s going to take a bit more than a year to get done, but I’m looking forward to sharing our progress on that over time

My take is we probably have over a year left in this game but more and more resources will be taken away while they squeeze every dollar they can out of us.
    Last edited by legalious; 03-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Post Count
    Tanaka-San is diversifying and possibly preparing for the future, but not with this game.

I like to think this game is good enough that no matter what happens with Gree, this game will land on its feet.

We'll see. Whatever. Buy the ticket and take the ride.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    This article was directed at Gree International and not the entity that we play these games from (Gree Inc.). Their games involve things like Bleach/Naruto and other similar Anime style.
    Gree International (San Francisco) = branch of Gree Inc. (Tokyo)

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Please get your facts straight before posting false information. It's one of your responsibilities as a forum mod. Thanks.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Please get your facts straight before posting false information. It's one of your responsibilities as a forum mod. Thanks.
    Actually, he's not incorrect. This pertains more toward the Japanese side of business, not the US.

Let's be nice to the moderators, please.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Actually, he's not incorrect. This pertains more toward the Japanese side of business, not the US.

Let's be nice to the moderators, please.
    Indeed mate, let's be nice and civil to everybody. Crime City is a great game, that we all choose to play. Happy gaming mate.