1st quaterly loss for Gree - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st quaterly loss for Gree

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfaceToAir View Post
    For sure, fiscal year FY ends June 30th. They expect to make a profit of millions, which they may adjust, up or down. But they won't tell anyone one about it until a Mod accidentally let's it slip on a random forum. Then delete it! But not before it's screenshot and ends up here!!!
    .... When people will complain that they haven't received any dividends, despite not having shares.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Different countries report financial years differently ie Australia is July to end of June so we are now in 4th qtr

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Exactly what we told them would happen. Is happening. No one around here should be surprised
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Guys, guys, please. Get a clue!
    The GREE fiscal year is compliant with the Mayan Great Calander, adding GREE maths for stat inflation and gold reduction, minus write-off and further financial manipulations.
    Don't fight each other over tiny details, fight the power, over major ones.
    Gil
    "If GREE does something you like, do NOT post about it.
    Or, enjoy the nerf."
    -Vile Lynn
    "can we ban use use of the words, "fun," and "exciting," on the forum...?"
    -Ozymandias

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Also, the the financials don't break down how they are performing in each game. Mw is still creating a positive cash flow for them, so don't expect it to die until it does not, or not enough to justify the effort.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I'm surprised so many are confused about their financial quarters. Apples quarters also have never related to the calendar year.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurence1 View Post
    Different countries report financial years differently ie Australia is July to end of June so we are now in 4th qtr
    It has nothing to do with nationality. You can select any fiscal reporting year that you want, wherever you are.

I am involved in 3 companies with the same ownership group, and we set the fiscal different on the biggest one so that we didn't have to do year end reporting for all three at the same time. It can be as simple as that.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Also, the the financials don't break down how they are performing in each game. Mw is still creating a positive cash flow for them, so don't expect it to die until it does not, or not enough to justify the effort.
    i agree still making close to 200k a week seems pretty impressive still even with all the poor programming,customer service and glitch after glitch..top 10 grossing apps MW is #4 or 5..clash of clans is now making 985K a week according to the other report..i think i need to jump on the COC bandwagon and see whats up
    Retired to free playing

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    It has nothing to do with nationality. You can select any fiscal reporting year that you want, wherever you are.

I am involved in 3 companies with the same ownership group, and we set the fiscal different on the biggest one so that we didn't have to do year end reporting for all three at the same time. It can be as simple as that.
    give this man a gold star

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    As far as the Reuters story, which one?

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...rticle/3120498
    This one from December of last year -
    GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015 and revises consolidated mid-year outlook for FY 2015

or this one
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...rticle/3148088
    From February of THIS year
    GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary loss for Q2 of FY 2015

In two months they went from a profit to a loss. Probably because the first was before the quarter ended and the second was after it ended and they did the final audit.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What can come when Gree hates their customers?
    I think that they also hate their investors...
    Result is known.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    What can come when Gree hates their customers?
    I think that they also hate their investors...
    Result is known.
    Systemically poor management has but one inevitable outcome. Graphs of Total Revenue, Gross Profit, and Net Income look like a plane on final approach.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...ticker=3632:JP

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    i agree still making close to 200k a week seems pretty impressive still even with all the poor programming,customer service and glitch after glitch..top 10 grossing apps MW is #4 or 5..clash of clans is now making 985K a week according to the other report..i think i need to jump on the COC bandwagon and see whats up
    CoC is lighter than the MW and doesn't suffer from the back to back events. The only thing back to back is if the Clan chooses to do Wars. Overall I like CoC more than MW and have scaled down my play on MW (as well as stop spending money on MW). My biggest distraction is work and wife....... and not always in that order.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I think many people find the wife is the bigger obstacle. For some reason most seem to hate this game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I miss the good ol days when we argued over the game, and were not trying to score 'biggie points' about irrelevant drivel