Thread: 1st quaterly loss for Gree

Post Count

1st quaterly loss for Gree

https://www.techinasia.com/gree-firs...ss-since-2013/

people are finally starting to realize the fake gold isnt worth it
    Retired to free playing

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Guess the constant 40% off sales from one of its top grossing games wasn't enough to pull it into the black.

Time for another acquisition to inflate the numbers...

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Tech Support - Fail
    Quality Assurance - Fail
    Fair Game Play - FAIL
    Run by people who have no idea what they are doing - PASS

Banned
    Post Count
    How can you have a first quarter loss when the first quarter is not over yet.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It said they were lumping failing games into their loss record. The one thing that stood out

"Gree’s total fiscal forecast for 2015 anticipates net sales of JPY 98 billion (US$835 million) with operating income of JPY 20 billion (US$170 million), enough to potentially break even. That might be a rosy prediction, however. Gree is plenty active in the mobile game space, but its experimentation in non-gaming verticals draws attention to the steady decline of its core business."

I sniff 60% gold sales soon.... I always told myself I'd never buy a 20% off sale or a 40% off sale.... I only said I'd buy it if it's 50% or above lmao........ I will have to resist if I see a 60%

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Can you guys read ??
    The first line says "Japanese mobile gaming giant Gree reported dismal results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2015 today"

What Second Quarter ? It's March of 2015 where I live, still in the First Quarter. And this article says they already release earnings for the second quarter of 2015 ?

Before you all post anything here please use whatever's left in your brain to check if it make any sense first.
    Thank you.

Now here's some real financial news I found on Reuters, whom I tend to trust more.
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...rticle/3120498

P.S. Their fiscal year does start on Jan 1.
    Last edited by Greasy; 03-01-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    The 'freemium' business model is much like a ponzi scheme. It is highly dependent on new players entering the game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    Can you guys read ??
    The first line says "Japanese mobile gaming giant Gree reported dismal results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2015 today"

What Second Quarter ? It's March of 2015 where I live, still in the First Quarter. And this article says they already release earnings for the second quarter of 2015 ?

Before you all post anything here please use whatever's left in your brain to check if it make any sense first.
    Thank you.

Now here's some real financial news I found on Reuters, whom I tend to trust more.

Really, why then does it end in June 2015 according to your article. Gree maths?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's also worth pointing out that the "loss" is due to an one off accounting write-off of acquisition goodwill, in operating terms it's still profitable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Really, why then does it end in June 2015 according to your article. Gree maths?
    Ozymandias, I hope you know what "expects" mean.
    It reads, "GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ozymandias, I hope you know what "expects" mean.
    It reads, "GREE, Inc. expects extraordinary profit for Q2 of FY 2015"
    Yep, I know what "expects" means. I also know what "TOKYO, Japan—February 4, 2015—GREE today announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 second quarter ended December 31, 2014. And what "FY2015 Full-year Earnings Forecast (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015)" mean.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Can you guys read ??

Thank you.

Too bad you are already missing the part of your brain that's needed to do the check yourself. It's FISCAL year 2015. They obviously have a fiscal year that's not aligned to the calendar year. But u won't understand it anyway.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Fiscal year starts any time other than January 1st. Gree's fiscal year could be September 1 thru August 31. 1st quarter ends November 30, second quarter ends February 28.
    Health Regen Time -30% (Max)
    Building Defense +35% (Max)
    Infantry Defense +35% (Max)
    Ground Defense +35% (Max)
    Air Defense +35% (Max)
    Sea Defense +35% (Max)
    Infantry Attack +35% (Max)
    Building Output +35% (Max)
    Ground Attack +35% (Max)
    Casualty Rare -15%
    Air Attack +25%
    Sea Attack +20%
    Guild Increase +36

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guneye View Post
    Fiscal year starts any time other than January 1st. Gree's fiscal year could be September 1 thru August 31. 1st quarter ends November 30, second quarter ends February 28.
    Yeah, as I say their fiscL year ends jun 30th

Post Count
    For sure, fiscal year FY ends June 30th. They expect to make a profit of millions, which they may adjust, up or down. But they won't tell anyone one about it until a Mod accidentally let's it slip on a random forum. Then delete it! But not before it's screenshot and ends up here!!!