Rumor MW Shutting Down - That's Why Less/No Reply From Mod/Customer Service

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor MW Shutting Down - That's Why Less/No Reply From Mod/Customer Service

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Rumor MW Shutting Down - That's Why Less/No Reply From Mod/Customer Service

Need some confirmation as there is a legit rumor that MW will be shutting down. It seems like there is some ground for this cause there is no update on some of the bugs (lockout / 32 bit integer errors etc).

When you log ticket to customer service, there is no reply. Seems like the MW division has been drastically reduced.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SunWuKong View Post
    Need some confirmation as there is a legit rumor that MW will be shutting down. It seems like there is some ground for this cause there is no update on some of the bugs (lockout / 32 bit integer errors etc).

When you log ticket to customer service, there is no reply. Seems like the MW division has been drastically reduced.

We have heard similar rumors for months.
    If its true or false, so what?
    Its not akin to the entire monetary system collapsing, the third world war breaking out, nuclear holocaust, worldwide plagues, devastating pestilence, mothers eating their babies, or an invasion of alien hordes from Saturn.
    If this game dies I'm guessing there'll be about 600 to 1,000 tappers weeping along with a couple hundred Gree employees.
    The rest of us will be expressing different emotions. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    chances is extremely high this round. See if there is any news on those bugs cause if you see they dont patch means they redirect their resources.

best is buy gold but to allow you to sustain for a while. When they come out with the gold boost, we already suspected they may be trying to milk as much as possible before the deadline.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SunWuKong View Post
    chances is extremely high this round. See if there is any news on those bugs cause if you see they dont patch means they redirect their resources.

best is buy gold but to allow you to sustain for a while. When they come out with the gold boost, we already suspected they may be trying to milk as much as possible before the deadline.
    I, for one, won't bat an eye, shed a tear, or in anyway be sad; if the entire Gree game making enterprise were to fold.
    To be fair, I'm sure they wouldn't miss me, either! LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Lol, the doom and gloom guys. No response? Why would that be different than in other time in their history? Conversion to 64 bit won't actually be that difficult, one man operations will be doing it, so I'm sure gree won't have an issue with this. The financial reports of loses? A one time charge they took is mostly responsible for that as opposed to showing a profit. It will happen at some point, but the things you're using to determine that time is now, don't add up the way you'd like to believe. When income is lower than what's needed to turn a reasonable profit, is when it goes. Not based on what gree overall is doing, unless the whole company goes down.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    some of top 5 team already stop buying gold and use the existing gold. await for news or update.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I just did a little research and imo, there's no way they are shutting down.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Think I heard that same rumor a year ago, and the year before. Guess some things are just rumors.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I think it's more hope that they are shutting down than anything. Worse case scenario, they buy cheap servers and just stop updating and let the free money roll in for as long as it covers the servers. Even just watching videos gives them free money.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    I am also very honestly doubtful that this game is going to shut down in the short or medium term.

The thing to watch for is points in FL/WD earned by SUP. If their point totals ever drop by more than 30-40%, then the end is nigh.

Banned
    Post Count

Cool

Rumors, rumors... Financial loss is just that in global corporate - they are expanding due to acquisitions, not organically, and revenues fluctuate, so it's nothing to write whole story based upon one [or even few] red quarters. They may be consolidating, reorganizing, restructuring and myriad other financial moves... Quality control and customer service is a key issue for them, hopefully they're fixing it. Until then - game will go on until it becomes unprofitable [running expenses exceed revenues from particular title] - then - aurevoir.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bye bye gree. Lmao. You have a great business. Not

Post Count
    They have a new game out around the end of 4th quarter I read someplace. I think The developer of line is a partner in it.
    If that report is true Id give odds the gree will be around. MW wise if the update is cheep this WD may pay for it. Then cutting customer service keeps costs low in the future.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    no response is awesome

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Rumors are just what they are for this case, just rumors.