How are we supposed to know what is a game feature and what is a glitch?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are we supposed to know what is a game feature and what is a glitch?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

How are we supposed to know what is a game feature and what is a glitch?

With all of the current new features and all of the glitches, how are we supposed to tell them apart? There are no popups explaining any of this in game and there are many players that dont even know about this forum. If we play the game as to what the app allows us to do and it wasnt an intended part of the game then players are labeled as cheaters. If we dont use new features that are actually intended (for fear of being banned for violation of tos) then we fall behind as others have already went full steam ahead.

Take the new upgrades to level 20 for example. The costs for the upgrades have apparently been reduced (i have the max amount of buildings being upgraded at the moment so i cant see). Is this cost reduction an intended part of the update or is it a glitch and those that upgrade at the reduced cost will be penalized and touted as a cheater?

There are a few examples of this and I am sure that none of us want to be banned. ok, maybe there are some that want to be banned but not the majority of us. lol

Im sure that many of these bugs and glitches could be caught by quality control and/or beta testers but apparently they continually slip thru the cracks and some of these problems have been ongoing for quite some time with no solution in sight.

So how is a player supposed to know what the devs are intending versus what is supposed to be a feature?
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ask speed?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Heads it's a glitch, tails it's a game feature.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Articulate Author johnnybravoo77's Avatar
    Post Count
    DO NOT upgrade if its cheap. Gree made a mistake, and if you do it you'll be exploiting, cheating, glitching, or any other ridiculous term i can find. Its against the tos as well. Bring down the ban hammer!!!!!!!!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They're going to ban everybody, it's a trap.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count
    Also make sure not to look at any of the bad graphic designs where some npc's appear to lose their clothing.
    That will be classed as voyuerism and possibly sexual harassment by the game ethics police and u will be sent straight to hell for not immediately switching your device off to avoided prolonged exposure to said pixels.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Heads it's a glitch, tails it's a game feature.
    If GREEdy flips the coin, chances are it will fall...................standing...............caus e they probably are not sure which is which

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about using some common sense, and stop pretending to be a bit naive ?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Thumbs down

With Gree, you never know if they made a mistake or it was planned. They will never share that information with us.

Wait until next week when they finally tell us. You can submit a ticket to CS but they will just tell you it is being forwarded to the developers.

Do they BETA test their programming before deploying live or use us live players to BETA test??? Seems like the trend in recent months!

They also seem to keep missing a zero or two or more in their math! Is their calculator not able to handle large numbers?
    Last edited by Rolinz; 02-24-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Yes we have always been the beta testers, that's not new

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    How about using some common sense, and stop pretending to be a bit naive ?
    Many apologies for my naivety, however I was asking the question in an honest concern for all of the players. I am in a 55 man faction that all members are ready to upgrade their buildings and id hate to see any of them banned for doing what the app allows them to do. Most of our team does not make use of this forum and I (plus a couple others) wade thru all of the resposes and report back to our team with whats going on in the community. This is the only game that i have ever played where one could possibly get banned for a mistake on behalf of the makers of the game. Not one of us actually WANTS to cheat nor would we want to tarnish our (barely t500) factions reputation. All of the "cheating" and taking advantages of glitches that have rocked this community could all have been prevented by a proper quality control. So im sorry if i come across as naive but i am not a mind reader and i do not know what the devs actually have in mind as not one of them come here and post. only mods speaking on their behalf after something didnt go as planned and ended up enraging the community.
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm in agreement with Diesel. Obviously they are allowing the upgrades to lvl 20. Clearly the upgrade cost is an oversight, but I don't see why people should face penalties or banishment for upgrading their buildings. Unlike the unit glitches I don't see anyone saying they're soending 1000's of gold bars to upgrade their buildings to lvl 20 while they're still cheap. I don't see a problem with a small handful of cheap building upgrades slipping through the cracks before a fix. Upgrades take 30+ hrs at those lvls anyways

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That's the mentality many had on Friday, and are now being crucified for.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Assuming the AMR from 10-11 is really that cheap, it this a feature that applies to everyone on both platforms? Just curious. If it does apply to both platforms, then they should just leave it alone. Anyone that reaches that level of AMR can have a cheapo upgrade. It doesn't damage the playing field because everyone can enjoy that benefit. I don't think it's worth them even correcting the price. What is the point, when so many people already have so much money from exploiting the recycle glitches for Arjun tanks and the Apollo ships?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Flake: that is a good point. Like I mentioned before, upgrading a high level building takes much more time than recycling 1000's of the same unit. So far t does seem accessible to all players across both platforms.

kmg108: A lot of those who exploited the Arjun cash glitch have depleted most of their cash with the high upgrade cost of the re-released LTB's and I've seen many posts of players offering to donate to lower factions that need the cash. While there will always be those who spend their cash cautiously I don't feel there's a huge money gap anymore like just after the glitch. I personally ditched most of the cash I got from it into a failing training faction. Having all that cash killed the game for me. I went from raiding everyday to not raiding at all and got bored.