Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    So if they repeat the prizes from now on, they will get lots of gold spending new players?

I'm not seeing it.

They'd rather have new gold spenders than keep old gold spenders. Whether they successfully attract those new players is another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

In-game event.
    If you're going to use accomplices, use them for matching. You don't match 200 mil stats against 2 mil stats, so don't match 200 KP/accomplices against 2 KP/accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Unbelievable? As I've been pointing out occasionally for probably 2 years now, attrition is an important part of a game like this. The goal isn't to keep players for four years, the goal is to rapidly churn and burn new players who spend a bit and then quit. If there's a huge gulf that a new player has to get over before he's even competitive, he's not even going to get started. They tried to use stat inflation to solve the same problem, but apparently that didn't work like they hoped.
    And it didn't occur to them that the biggest spending players would tend to congregate to maximise their chances? Duh!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

I don't think they ever expected that players would keep going for more than a year.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Good word!
    Still mad at Bostick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I don't think they ever expected that players would keep going for more than a year.
    That's because they are now run by ex EA execs who think the EA way and EA players are the norm. Big mistake. Other top developers know they retain a large percentage of gold players and are much more incremental in how they ramp or change things.

EA churns and burns games/players . They have really failed at reproducing EA here which is good for players of app games long term. Not so much for gree and players here. That's gree's problem

Why are they now run by EA execs?

Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    Why are they now run by EA execs?
    Been that way since gree took over. If CEO still around he's ex EA. Funzio May have been started by ex-EA idk but they did a better job of metering out incremental changes and stat gains

According to a ticket I read they are eliminating stacked mods. Because stat inflation is coming close to maxing out in this app. So short term thinking leads to long term pain for game. Can't do another stat inflation round to try and lure new gold spenders. Incremental accomplices might have worked

That's why gree is not enforcing TOS. Sold high stat/value accounts are mostly bought by new gold spenders. Their only real source of new gold blood

What I can't believe is how a little over a year ago, they absolutely blew the roof off of stats.

At that time a few hundred thousand ATT/DEF was pretty beast.

A little more than a year later, Billions in ATT/DEF is where it's at.

Why would they explode stats like that if their coding couldn't handle it? To me, that is the real head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Been that way since gree took over. If CEO still around he's ex EA. Funzio May have been started by ex-EA idk but they did a better job of metering out incremental changes and stat gains

According to a ticket I read they are eliminating stacked mods. Because stat inflation is coming close to maxing out in this app. So short term thinking leads to long term pain for game. Can't do another stat inflation round to try and lure new gold spenders. Incremental accomplices might have worked

That's why gree is not enforcing TOS. Sold high stat/value accounts are mostly bought by new gold spenders. Their only real source of new gold blood
    Stat inflation is coming close to maxing out? There are people with ~3T atk in MW (that's trillions). Are the programmed differently? At some point gree will have to take the time and reprogram that part, if you are indeed correct.
    I remember, once upon a time, we were limited to 30 hood expansions. When we asked for more, CJ said "it couldn't be done".

Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Bingo. extra bingo!

This doesn't level the playing field, nor does it allow anyone to catch up.

Why?

Only the top 50 prizes are not repeats, that means only heavy gold spenders are ever going to gain.

Like the bundles, cc has become all about buying stats rather than strategies or team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by polly View Post
    This doesn't level the playing field, nor does it allow anyone to catch up.

Why?

Only the top 50 prizes are not repeats, that means only heavy gold spenders are ever going to gain.

Like the bundles, cc has become all about buying stats rather than strategies or team effort.
    That's adorable. You're just the cutest little thing! Have a pony.

Still mad at Bostick.