Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #16
    Mad4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    142
    Having started my Satcom development, I would say that the layout and principal is pretty good.

    However I think the durations of how long the satellites last is rubbish. For example, what use is level V damage with only 30 mins Duration. Ok this could be good for wiping someone's HQ or potentially Holdout but I can travel 30 minutes to get a decent target sometimes so by the time Id arrived at the base I was attacking, they could have long gone by then. Ive seen you can buy Sattelite bundles in the Shop and this is all well and good but If I needed money, Id just buy a money crate as opposed to potentially upgrade my Money Satellite so really don't see the point of it.

    Why not have a duration of 1 month from the time you build your satellite at any level. If you upgrade during this time, it starts from the first one you built.

    I understand that all these new toys are designed for us gamers to spend and I'm fine with that but I just cant see why I would spend on these satellites with the current format knowing I would only have the benefit for 30 minutes. If the duration was a lot longer I wouldn't mind spending. Maybe I have misunderstood how it works, if so clarification would be great.
    Last edited by Mad4it; 02-25-2015 at 06:02 AM.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    222
    A good idea but another pricey addition to an already costly game .

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hello War of Nations Community!

    We are really excited to announce a new feature that will be arriving soon. SATELLITES!

    • Satellites are temporary boosts that players can activate on their bases. The boost affects only one base and is temporary.
    • You can perform Satellite management through the Satcom building. The Satcom building is used to Craft New Satellites, Combine Satellite materials to upgrade them to a higher level, Store, Launch and View Status of all active Satellites. You may build only 1 Satcom building and it can be built in any of your bases.
    • Satellite materials can be obtained through normal battles against NPCs and other players. Materials can also be found in the Store and Limited Time Mission prizes. Material quantities will not be shown until a Satcom building is built.
    • You will need a level 11 factory to unlock the Satcom building. Higher level Sensor Tower buildings will provide bonuses to the active Satellite. Sensor Tower bonuses are applied per base.
    • You can store a certain number of Satellites that are not active. This number is determined by the highest level Warehouse you own.
    • You can research higher level satellites at the Research Lab to unlock more powerful Satellites. There is also research to reduce Satellite crafting time and cost.


    Look for these to be arriving in game soon!
    These satellite items are neat and all but they are displacing power cells and I have 2 more 12s to finish.

  4. #19
    Mad4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    142
    Just noticed no satellite items being given when hitting npcs during lockbox

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    Having started my Satcom development, I would say that the layout and principal is pretty good.

    However I think the durations of how long the satellites last is rubbish. For example, what use is level V damage with only 30 mins Duration. Ok this could be good for wiping someone's HQ or potentially Holdout but I can travel 30 minutes to get a decent target sometimes so by the time Id arrived at the base I was attacking, they could have long gone by then. Ive seen you can buy Sattelite bundles in the Shop and this is all well and good but If I needed money, Id just buy a money crate as opposed to potentially upgrade my Money Satellite so really don't see the point of it.

    Why not have a duration of 1 month from the time you build your satellite at any level. If you upgrade during this time, it starts from the first one you built.

    I understand that all these new toys are designed for us gamers to spend and I'm fine with that but I just cant see why I would spend on these satellites with the current format knowing I would only have the benefit for 30 minutes. If the duration was a lot longer I wouldn't mind spending. Maybe I have misunderstood how it works, if so clarification would be great.
    Combat related Satellite buffs act just like Ripsaw Warheads and Personal Shields. The army sent from the Satellite boosted base will lose their boost once the Satellite has expired.

  6. #21
    I pretty much understand who Satellites work, the question is how or do they work in the event, Global Domination. All units in the base get a boost when entering a war.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Combat related Satellite buffs act just like Ripsaw Warheads and Personal Shields. The army sent from the Satellite boosted base will lose their boost once the Satellite has expired.
    Good to see you back Clementine we were starting to worry about you.

  8. #23
    When does all the new stuff hit the Android version?

  9. #24
    Lolsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by David Welch Jr View Post
    When does all the new stuff hit the Android version?
    In a while. I can't give you a guaranteed time, but probably in two-three months. Yes, I know, it's stupid how iOS gets all the new toys, but Android needs to be caught up on all the commanders that were previously offered before transferring all the new toys onto Andriod.

  10. #25
    Drifting death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Death to Ming
    Posts
    452
    On a side note too sats as radar boost there effect can gree please let players build radar in normal bases cc, like the strongholds do. As we have no room for them in small bases we hardly have room for anything we are so far out matched by players with supers and our ability to complete builds is so hampered by only having small bases as it is, to then drop factories to build radar in each base to get the best out of sats. Seems just a kick in the teeth and we. Need lots of stores to hit the 8 million odd cash we need to upgrade cc to level 15 that added 5 stores to my bases limited space which I had to drop factories for. Now I have to find room for radar in a small base. If we do we are removing 1/8 of our production space to radar that's not a choice we can afford in small bases a bit like defence grids are a luxury even thought they are essential really
    So add both to cc's please, it will help small players close the gap on players with supers. As it is adding 2 build zones into normal bases
    In effect. As players with radar or defence grids in effect can take them down and build what they want.
    If you really need to make it a new item or upgrade
    The other option is make them add ons to a normal buildings so they can be destroyed as normal they could be In players bases by hitting buildings. My suggestion would be stores get the additional upgrade abilities, the upgrades are still individual items that take time, but they can be built on top of a storage buildings. This again should be mostly for small bases only as players with supers have much more room for these items.

  11. #26
    Can anyone tell me if I put all my uv in my op with sat boost on will it work in cross worlds... Mirror image should be mirror image ?

  12. #27
    Lolsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Wong View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I put all my uv in my op with sat boost on will it work in cross worlds... Mirror image should be mirror image ?
    It should work.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    262
    Can we have satellites that reduce unit training times and building upgrading times?

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerean View Post
    Can we have satellites that reduce unit training times and building upgrading times?

    That would be good. Also storage boost would be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in