[Update] Valor Glitch - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update] Valor Glitch

Post Count
    Agree you need to roll Valor back as well to what it was before the update.
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It would be fair for all, if Gree to also removed cash, valor and any units purchased due to recycling the apollo units by folks who hadn't earned the rank.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update Clem but it may already be too late, your (Gree's) inaction over the weekend has already lost us several long term players with one too many glitches

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravoo77 View Post
    This technically does not fall under any of this. If its available for purchase without hacking, than its legit. Gree has the right to remove anything from the game, and im glad they are.
    Virtual Goods" means virtual digital items, such as commodities, abilities or other goods that may be earned or obtained through the Service or otherwise purchased by you for legal tender or actual currency, or for Virtual Currency, subject to applicable law.
    Technically, it falls under "exploit". In the store it clearly shows that the units are meant for those who have completed Apollo Ops Rank. Definitely nothing was hacked, no third-party software was used, no macros or automated bots were used, the game code wasn't modded, etc... but an ability to be able to obtain something unintended was discovered and exploited. I don't honestly believe a single person purchased them truly believing the game intended for them to be capable of purchasing them. Yes, hypothetically, someone could have stumbled upon them in someone's inventory, seen the "Buy" button, and bought them without ever knowing what they were. But you and I, and everyone else here, all know how small the percentage of people who fall in that category would be.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravoo77 View Post
    This technically does not fall under any of this. If its available for purchase without hacking, than its legit. Gree has the right to remove anything from the game, and im glad they are.
    Technically it is using an exploit as you cannot buy the unit in store if you do not have the rank, and I would say everybody knows that. So those that bought the unit from the inventory of others were using a game exploit which technically violates the TOS.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    They cheated!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    How about a refund of my gold for all the hits I lost to these cheaters? Or awarding me a better wd prize because these cheaters unfairly used bloated stats to score more points? Or how about booting the people that KNEW they were cheating from the game for good?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    John y, you are not correct, gree defines the rules, not you. they have already defined what it is in this case. They have said it is cheating, specifically. Since they hold the sole rights to this game, they alone have the ability to define it as they wish. While I have disagreed with them on many occasions, I also understand that this is indeed the case. Unless youre willing to attempt to pick up the cost of taking the issues to a court of law in the hopes of comming out in your favor( very highly unlikely in this particular case) then their words are the final say on the matter. As far as I'm concerned I'd lie, to see them realy clamp down hard on this, and all forms of cheating, exploiting, or abusing glitches, etc. people would stop attempting to use these if they sent the message that the consequences for doing so would far outweigh any short term advantage you feel you might have had.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    John y, you are not correct, gree defines the rules, not you. they have already defined what it is in this case. They have said it is cheating, specifically. Since they hold the sole rights to this game, they alone have the ability to define it as they wish. While I have disagreed with them on many occasions, I also understand that this is indeed the case. Unless youre willing to attempt to pick up the cost of taking the issues to a court of law in the hopes of comming out in your favor( very highly unlikely in this particular case) then their words are the final say on the matter. As far as I'm concerned I'd lie, to see them realy clamp down hard on this, and all forms of cheating, exploiting, or abusing glitches, etc. people would stop attempting to use these if they sent the message that the consequences for doing so would far outweigh any short term advantage you feel you might have had.
    Well said........

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Imo the droid users did nothing wrong. So should keep most of their units but a limited amount. But a good compensation should be available to ios

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    It would be fair for all, if Gree to also removed cash, valor and any units purchased due to recycling the apollo units by folks who hadn't earned the rank.
    It would also be fair if gree rolled back all the valor ,cash,units,gold,and energy gained and used by you guys from the airplane glitch,gold glitch,recyle tank glitch, and if you would make use of the box of dix i sent you in the mail. (Suk em)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzj10 View Post
    Imo the droid users did nothing wrong. So should keep most of their units but a limited amount. But a good compensation should be available to ios
    The only fair comp would be to give it the same amount of units to iOS users, but it would be unfair for those players that actually earned that amount of BP
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    And how many of those players used the previous glitch? And be came very very rich.. they didnt take their cash back :/

Post Count
    I'll make a guess, there'll be few units you can remove. Most of the exploiters will be busy selling there ill gotten gains before you guys get to them. Surprise me and say you'll remove the cash and valor too!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Remove units, valor and cash gained from the exploit.

Question for Gree: Don't you ever get tired of fixing problems instead of preventing them? I couldn't imagine living my life or running my business like that. I mean, if you don't have time to do it right the first time, how are you going to find the time to do it right the second time? Some Q&A beforehand would have saved a lot of trouble on your end and complaints on our end. It's unfathomable that a supposed professional development team can so reliably screw things up. You almost couldn't do that by accident.

Additionally, these fire-and-forget update bombing runs on a Friday with a skeleton staff is never a good decision let alone a Friday leading into the premier event of the game
    Last edited by CC1; 02-23-2015 at 03:54 PM.