[Update] Valor Glitch - Page 13

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update] Valor Glitch

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Was, so the devil made me do it? Kill bill, it wasn't just a new unit, and every person who bought them knew it. At least some here even admit they were aware that they were only supposed to be for players at a certain rank. I guess many of you don't understand that you're not the ones making the rules. Blather all you wish, the ones who do already determined that yes, you did violate the tos if you bought the units without the proper rank. The outright boldness and ridiculousness of your justifications, and transferring of blame has helped me decide to push for an effort for gree to do much more than just kill the glitch and take away the cash units. If the consequences of exploiting these types of glitches have much more dire consequences, I bet you guys so be so gung ho to go after them in the future. If you get whacked on the head enough when a carrot gets dangled, you might eventually learn to stop. Or maybe you like being whacked on the head

Post Count
    Gree,

If you are unable to lock units so that people can not buy them off of other players than please reconsider rank rewards. Instead of units consider giving bonuses. This has been an open issue since the introduction of the units that were available when upgrading unit buildings to L9/L10 (Captain Growler, Tech F2 Lightning). This has been an open issue that Gree and a large portion of the community have known about for some time. You have relied on the community to police itself but once you introduced a stat changing unit that policing failed.

Recycling of units. I like this concept but it has failed and caused more damage then it is worth. The Arjun tank and now the ship are examples of its failure. Either it needs to be scrapped or put a cap on the potential benefit regardless of individual unit stats. I understand that high IPH players will be able to still recycle units for valor but at least it is at a high cost.

Unless some changes are made to the game we will be back here discussing the next big unit released.
    Account Creation: 2012-09-22 21:57

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I like the recycling if for no other reason than just reducing the number of units in inventory, trying to look through them all is crazy

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    I like the recycling if for no other reason than just reducing the number of units in inventory, trying to look through them all is crazy
    That, and when you have 100,000 units in your inventory your game runs allot slower than when you have 20,000
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I know a man, lets call him Oedingi. He lives in a poor area of Nigeria and is a member of the MW family for three years. He aint got no money to buy gold and cant play with the big boys. One day he receives s message that he can increase his stats by hunderdfold by using his crappy outdated Android and just use the game. No additional programs required. Just the MW app. He is cheated by life so many times. He sees all the white fancy boys from America throwing tens of thousands of dollars in this game while he has nothing to eat. He bought the ships and was the king of the neighbourhood and now some punkas is calling him a cheater while those persons hace cheated on the morals in life so many times. He is thinking why am I cheater while the persons spending thiusands of dollars in this game instead of helping humanity with this money are not cheaters. Cheaters of life.

Oedingi has quit playing this game because he hates being a cheater.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dutch Republic View Post
    I know a man, lets call him Oedingi. He lives in a poor area of Nigeria and is a member of the MW family for three years. He aint got no money to buy gold and cant play with the big boys. One day he receives s message that he can increase his stats by hunderdfold by using his crappy outdated Android and just use the game. No additional programs required. Just the MW app. He is cheated by life so many times. He sees all the white fancy boys from America throwing tens of thousands of dollars in this game while he has nothing to eat. He bought the ships and was the king of the neighbourhood and now some punkas is calling him a cheater while those persons hace cheated on the morals in life so many times. He is thinking why am I cheater while the persons spending thiusands of dollars in this game instead of helping humanity with this money are not cheaters. Cheaters of life.

Oedingi has quit playing this game because he hates being a cheater.
    Lmao, now it's a race issue?

You know, the other day I noticed a package sitting by my my neighbor's door. I guess they were at work when the delivery truck came, so the guy left it there by the door. It wasn't locked up or secured in any way, so will I be a thief if I take it for myself? I mean, it's not fair because my neighbor has a job, and I don't. Besides, lots of people take things they didn't pay for, and my neighbor makes enough money to buy thousands of these packages, so it wouldn't really be wrong, would it?
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I know a guy who went to the ATM at the bank and it was giving out 20s instead of 10s, is he a thief if he keeps the money?
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count

New rank players also glitch

You know, the other day Gree deployed a new upgrade and I was able to get one of the new high ranks in the game. I thought woow. I noted that I am now able to buy a 1 million stat unit for only 12 million in game cash. Even cheaper then a Captain Growler. When I recycle the unit I get even more cash then what I paid for (GLITCH) and I get a **** load of valor (GLITCH).

Then I noted that other players who do not have the rightfull rank were exploiting the GLITCH and thought lets put some drame on the forum.

So when we talk about GLITCH dont forget to also mention the legit rank players who recycle these units in thousands GREE.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Gree response to player glitching woefully inadequate

The most recent boat glitch and response from our gracious hosts is unacceptable.

What we have learned from this latest experience is that if you find an exploit, go absolutely hog wild with it because there are zero consequences.

We also learned that Gree will telegraph their intentions so that any ill gotten gains can be recycled (laundered) and those gains will be kept and exploited without consequence.

Same thing happened with the Arjun glitch, and the same situation with the dragon planes. The Airplane glitch had been explained to Gree both in the forums and in tickets so many times, however staff chose to act like they were Bigfoot sightings and keep their head in the sand.

From this week's actions, we have learned:

The TOS aren't valid.

There are no consequences.

There is no dissuasion for people to knowingly glitch. (I saw a glitcher with over twenty thousand of those boats).

There is no integrity in this game through either programming or player accountability.

There is no trust for this product.

There is no trust for this provider.

I urge a reconsideration of the response to the boat glitch that includes tangible consequences to accounts that exploited the glitch. I would create a poll to gauge opinion on Gree's glitch response, however I doubt I could phrase it in neutral terms.

Sad day really...I am less frustrated or angered; I am embarrassed for Gree staff that they have to constantly deal with these kinds of issues in constant damage control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Actually John yes. Banks do checks of those things, and by law he would have to return it when the determined who got it. Remeber, they do record who uses those machines. What you guys are proposing a cases where your income level, or whether or not you will get caught, make it ok to cheat. I've had cases where I was given too much back in change for my purchase. I returned the incorrect amount. Wasn't my fault they made the mistake of has di g me the money, but would have been my fault if I kept it. I once bought a Diana fishing reel( I was about 19) that had all sorts of electronics gizmos on it, it was marked at 59.95, and thought that was pretty reasonable in the late 70s considering what I saw some of the other ones marked at. That weekend I was at another sporting goods store and saw the same reel, and wanted to see how much it was there. It was 359.95. It was at that point that I realized the first store had miss marked it and keft out the three. I had no clue at the time I bought it, as I had little knowledge of fishing reels. I went back to that store and showed them the box with what they marked, and my receipt, and explained what I had seen it for at the other store. I offered to return it, still unused, as I could not afford that much for a fishing reel. The manager tried to offer it to me at a very reduced price, but still not what I could afford. Instead he I took a lower priced reel that matched what I could afford. I'm sure it would have never come back to me if I had kept it, and not said a word. They made the mistake. The problem is, once I knew, it would have been my mistake for keeping it. Too many people out there who feel entitled over someone else's mistakes. Dutch, you are obviously jealous of people who do have money to spend. Try going to the nearest million dollar home near where you live, and tell the homeowner how he is a cheater of life. people earn money to enjoy their lives, what they do with their money is not your, or my business. Maybe they do give to charities, maybe they don't. Let's see your tax returns to see what percent of your income is given to charity ( actually I have no intrest in seeing or knowing) you know what's even more important than money to charities, your time. How many hours a week do you volunteer to help a charity. No need to answer that

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So what i am hearing is anyone who bought this unit should be banned or lose everything they got from it. Because everyone posting this has never taken advantage of any glitches or mistakes that Gree has put out in the game. Of these totally honest people how many of you worked on any of the three day ltq that all three days showed up on the first day. How many worked with their faction to compleye this last epic boss when all days was put out on the first day. How many worked on the epic boss that couldnt go past level 10 strength. So on and so forth i can just about guarantee everyone of you took part in at least one of these events. Dont say well everyone got a chance to do these. Because it still wasnt what Gree intended to happen. So before going and yelling about people taking advantage of a glitch look in the mirror first. Granted most people took advantage of this glitch knowing it was a rank unit, but some people dont go looking at the store to see what they can buy. Even if they did the store does not tell you the name of the unit you cannot buy. So i can see where a select few might not of known what they were doing was actually a glitch. Have you ever attacked someone and then looked at their inventory to see what units they have. Anyways if you want to cry for them to take everything back that was gotten by getting this unit then you need to cry for them to take every unit,cash, valor, and gold back from every glitch and screwed up ltq that they have ever put out to the ones that play this game.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    sorry nah, even if some of them did what you say, two wrongs don't make a right. Personally I'd probably ban people for doing it, though I would have began it long ago, well before now. That way people know the risks, and I doubt it would have ever happened if so. I suggest somethi g in between. Take the U its, take the cash they gained from recycling the U its, take any valor units they purchased during that period. In addition take any cash and any valor they might still have on hand. Make the penalties severe enough, and it won't happen. Also I'd want some way to track who has been penalized in the past, and ID implement a three strike policy. Thiird time you're cuaght doing it, then youre out.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So that goes for anyone that completed the epic boss screw ups and the ltq screw ups as well since they have both recently happened. Oh darn that also means having to take back the raid boss rewards as well because they were stronger than they would have been if they hadnt completed those glitched events. I do think as you do that they need to set a standard and put it out there that the next time a known glitch is exploited that there would be severe penalties. Sounds good make a forum thread of known explotiers and when they get a second or third strike ban them. The forum thread is so factions can check the list to see if they want to let this guy into their faction or not.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I've been getting a 'Login Failed serverResponse is null' message for two days now. is this part of what is being fixed?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I do think this is very hypocritical. I have a "friend" that naively jailbroke his devices a few years back and exploited the glitches that were "available" at the time;
    Land expansion for free
    Instant building
    A/D stats maxed
    Unlimited energy & stamina
    Cash glitch
    Blah blah blah.. The "friend" got "caught" and the account banned, and quite rightly! They had gained an unfair advantage, simples. Glitch/hack call it what ever name you like, it's taking the p1ss

Ban the cheats! You rolled the dice and the dice were loaded, this way to the exit, do not pass go, you are the weakest link, goodbye!
    Last edited by FlyBoris; 02-24-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Oopsie