Please propose solution to the current situation ( android exploit)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please propose solution to the current situation ( android exploit)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Lightbulb Please propose solution to the current situation ( android exploit)

To get Gree started, here some proposals to deal with the current situation:

1. Close the loophole
    2. Delete ALL apollo rank units from inventory by replacing them with a specific dummy unit
    3. Ask legit apollo rank players to send in tickets to get their legal units back
    4. Set valor of ALL players to whatever would be appropriate ( 20 m ?) , sorry legit players but you will manage to get your valor back in no time, glitchers will lose their advantage.
    5. Set cash of ALL players to an appropriate amount ( 20 b ?), again sry legit players but it won't hurt you in a long run
    6. Compensate all players with 200 gold one time.
    7. Never again implement changes to the game on a Friday !
    8. Now, you all have fun again.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thats so stupid. that will never happen

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And here wasI thinking it was one of the more useful posts of the evening.
    Now it might not play out exactly as above but yes there is alomst certainly going to be some collateral damage. either that or nothing will be done.
    If you've got a better idea lets hear it.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Any legitimate DBA can query the database using rules to look for players with illegitimate units. The units can be removed in a way that it won't affect legitimate players.

At any rate, this problem is so bad that I'm willing to bet that legit apollo rank players wouldn't mind having their units removed without compensation. They probably have monster IPH anyway and will be able to get the units back with no problem. They can probably afford to buy more than 100/day.

Said legit DBA could also look for monster cash/valor amounts in illigitimate players and remove their cash/valor (to 0). It's an acceptable price to pay for cheating.

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    IT's a simple solution:

1) Any team using the glitch by any player gets disqualified from this ONE event - makes a BIG point for teams in the future not to use glitches.

2) Do a database search and anyone that is not apollo rank loses all the Ships / Planes and Cash / Valor - makes an even bigger point not to cheat the the future.

Surely these are simple things to do and would be very effective?!
    - Seal Team Six - SES - OMT - SF1 -

WD Point Ave 1m - Highest 3.1m

From truth lead me to delusion, from light lead me to darkness, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it sire?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Even simpler solution would be not to let it happen in the first place.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We gonna DEW what we always Dew, nuttin. Why? Because we ain't smart enough to mess in Gree's bitness.
    We just stay in our lane. We be minding our nuttin bitness.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Even simpler solution would be not to let it happen in the first place.
    Plus one to this!
    - Seal Team Six - SES - OMT - SF1 -

WD Point Ave 1m - Highest 3.1m

From truth lead me to delusion, from light lead me to darkness, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it sire?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NaRciS View Post
    IT's a simple solution:

1) Any team using the glitch by any player gets disqualified from this ONE event - makes a BIG point for teams in the future not to use glitches.

2) Do a database search and anyone that is not apollo rank loses all the Ships / Planes and Cash / Valor - makes an even bigger point not to cheat the the future.

It's a start, but forgets that the cash could have been washed thru to the faction, building upgrades, unit purchases etc. also that some legit factions have materially depressed WD totals due to facing many opponents who have these.

The only real solution IMHO (not holding my breath),

1) full roll back all stats for everyone and every faction to snapshot in time (Weds last week)
    2) refund all gold purchased by anyone since WD started
    3) do not award any prize units to any faction or indy for this WD
    4) apologize and staff some sort of devs after any Material RTW
    Fix the damn thing once and for all (fire the fool who allowed it for the nth time and cost Gree the refunds I suggest)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NaRciS View Post
    IT's a simple solution:

Not a bad idea, but far to sensible for Gree to agree too

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    again that will never happen....Swept under the rug

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm afraid (not scared but concerned) this issue cannot be corrected and thus the game has come to an end. Unless Gree has the ability to start over and make all players go back in time to a date prior to the release of the current update there is no fix to save this game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh oh Gree View Post
    I'm afraid (not scared but concerned) this issue cannot be corrected and thus the game has come to an end. Unless Gree has the ability to start over and make all players go back in time to a date prior to the release of the current update there is no fix to save this game.
    They cannot fix it since they never fixed the Plane Glitch
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Wish we could go back in time to the Funzio days.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Consistent Contributor KillerDriller's Avatar
    Post Count
    I was just looking at my droid account. The ship is locked. Is everyone referring to people geting units previously? Has the issue been repaired? To be honest, that ship has been locked on my droid account since the beginning.
    Last edited by KillerDriller; 02-23-2015 at 09:28 AM.