Use DOCKBOT to ID cheaters

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use DOCKBOT to ID cheaters

Post Count

Use DOCKBOT to ID cheaters

Whether exploiting the glitch to gather valor, cash or improve stats is cheating or not is not for us to decide.

BUT using it during a battle to improve targets or steal wins is different. As we determine who is glitching during battles we create a list in dockbot; so other factions will know which accounts cheat during a battle. We log them as players with level 300 1m defense.

So when you fight say, Knights of XXXXXXX OR XXX Grunt2 , you will see. PLAYER A, PLAYER V, PLAYER X all use the glitch. 300 1M at the top of the Intel list.

Be nice if others did similar.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc_mw View Post
    Whether exploiting the glitch to gather valor, cash or improve stats is cheating or not is not for us to decide.

BUT using it during a battle to improve targets or steal wins is different. As we determine who is glitching during battles we create a list in dockbot; so other factions will know which accounts cheat during a battle. We log them as players with level 300 1m defense.

So when you fight say, Knights of XXXXXXX OR XXX Grunt2 , you will see. PLAYER A, PLAYER V, PLAYER X all use the glitch. 300 1M at the top of the Intel list.

Be nice if others did similar.
    Ever think that using a bot to search your opposing team is also cheating? You pay to cheat and that's ok?

Post Count
    Thank you for asking. That was a concern and we inquired prior to using dockbot. Here was the Gree response, via a PM from Tadaah,

"After looking over what Dock Bot does, in its current state, it shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't appear to be a "Bot" in the traditional sense of the word. Granted, if someone were to find a way to change it's intended use or it's features change in the future, we'll need to revisit it."

So we do pay, but under GREE's interpretation of their policies the use of dock bot is not improper.
    Last edited by Merc_mw; 02-22-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Spellcheck ruined dock bot

Post Count
    Lol....are you serious? (2 posts above)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Utterly hilarious, ban all Dockbot users too.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer59 View Post
    Lol....are you serious? (2 posts above)
    Yep, I'm serious.

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    Also , not everyone at lvl 301 with the Apollo units are cheats. You'd be suprised how many are legit considering how long they've been sitting at lvl 300. Of which a lot of are from top 10 teams. Theyve done a ton more attacking overtime with all the wd events.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Ever think that using a bot to search your opposing team is also cheating? You pay to cheat and that's ok?
    It does exactly the same thing as happened manually when factions did it either with their logging of Intel or sharing in a room. That's like saying that player A from faction A cant tell player B from the same faction about a player from Faction B.

It's just on a bigger scale and more refined.

Some people need to engage the grey matter before bashing the keyboard.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 600fonz View Post
    It does exactly the same thing as happened manually when factions did it either with their logging of Intel or sharing in a room. That's like saying that player A from faction A cant tell player B from the same faction about a player from Faction B.

It's just on a bigger scale and more refined.

Some people need to engage the grey matter before bashing the keyboard.
    Really? A bot that gives you intel on opposing players so your scouts don't have to waste their energy scouting the opposing team, is simply an unfair advantage to those who choose not to cheat.

I don't care what Gree says about it, when an outside source is used to give one team an advantage over another, that's cheating.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It's nothing more than a player compiled list. Nothing at all different than what Larry and Danimal do with the LTQ's. I take it we should ban them too?

Consistent Contributor KillerDriller's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Really? A bot that gives you intel on opposing players so your scouts don't have to waste their energy scouting the opposing team, is simply an unfair advantage to those who choose not to cheat.

I don't care what Gree says about it, when an outside source is used to give one team an advantage over another, that's cheating.
    You should get an understanding about how docbot works before running at the mouth. The intel is compiled by the players. The program does not sneak into any player account and sniff information.

Post Count
    Lol! All factions have access to Docbot.
    Whether they choose to use it is entirely up to them.

The new high stat ships are only available to Androind users.

Nice try.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Those ships are not available to this android user, they are in the store with a padlock on them. I am not an apollo rank however so they should be locked. I do not own any. The only way that I can see a non apollo ranked player having them is to purchase them from another players inventory. If that is the case, then how is it cheating if buying units from a rivals inventory is a part of the game and allowable by gree'd? Or am i missing something here?
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Post Count
    the difference is Gree has approved dockbot~ see my second post.

Back to tagging those that use the glitch DURING a battle.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPowered View Post
    Those ships are not available to this android user, they are in the store with a padlock on them. I am not an apollo rank however so they should be locked. I do not own any. The only way that I can see a non apollo ranked player having them is to purchase them from another players inventory
    Exactly, you know you're not supposed to have them.
    But there's a glitch that always you to bypass that.
    You know it's not authorized.