GREE, you have 24 hours

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREE, you have 24 hours

Post Count

GREE, you have 24 hours

Supported the game a long time. Been around for over 3 years. Glitches have always been apart of game but latest one takes the cake. No one will care that I'm gone and that's ok too. GREE you have exactly 24 hours from the time stamp on this post to reverse the units bought by Android players that are not of sufficient rank to have them. Otherwise, I and hopefully many more are done with you and your screw-ups. Clocks ticking.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I am going to do the same, but will give them a few days to sort or tell us what they intend to do, the minimum for me to continue is, they must loose the units and loose money and valour gained by selling the units back, anything less and I'll stop playing . It's a big cock up so I will give them a few days on it

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think a thread which petititions gree and people can add their name to it as leavers may do the trick.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Just a little bit of advice from a software engineer. The 24h turn-around time on this is unrealistic. So don't get your hopes up on that. However, here is a realistic time frame:

It'll take at least 24h to triage this issue, investigate causes, create unit tests to reproduce the issue and develop an action plan.
    It'll take the team 24h to develop the fix, deploy and test in the QA/Integration environment and have sign-off by product, release management, and middle-tier operations (ops).
    If a product update is required, it may take up to a couple of days for the app to update in the app store. The product team should have a plan to mitigate this delay by having a data push in place that will remove access to the glitched units. This data push could be released as soon as the first 24h.

Note: Since this is an issue widely affecting users in production, this issue should be TRIAGED AS A PRIORITY 0 (P0) BUG/ISSUE AND THE ENTIRE PRODUCT/FEATURE TEAM STAYS IN THE OFFICE IN A WAR ROOM AND WORKS ON THE ISSUE UNTIL IT IS RESOLVED. (Added as much emphasis as I could, lol).

Just a couple of tips/observations for Gree:

* DO NOT EVER RELEASE PRODUCT UPDATES BEFORE A WEEKEND (unless you plan on having folks on call). Adjust your release schedule to Tuesday from now on.
    * This failure is on project management. You guys need to get your ducks in a row.

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    Shut the game down after wd. I imagine we will get an ltq. No one will mind missing that. Shut it down and clean it up.
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree will only shut the game down once.
    That will happen when Gree decides.
    No, Gree, you're amazing.
    Just keep on DEWING what you're DEWING.
    Only Gree can decide how they wanna be Gree.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I am a long time developer too.....in this day and age of automated Q/A this should have never have happened....and I agree with you, never release a new version and go on vacation! I learned that lesson 20 years ago.....I would put out a new version of the app I was in charge of at the time, and go on vacation, inevitably there would be a problem and I would have to "dial" up on my modem and fix the problem while on vacation.....that's dedication, something GREE does not have to its customers!!! So you always release your app a couple days (at least 5 working days) in advance of having no programmers on the clock! Bad management once again! Funny how you say it'll take them time to test.....I don't think they have a testing plan in their entire department......we're their testing department!!!! We work for free, and some actually pay them to be testers! Great business model!

Post Count
    I've never been so happy to see Monday come.
    This should be fun.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    I've never been so happy to see Monday come.
    This should be fun.
    Sadly, Monday will not bring about anything. I would say that on any given week, Gree gets a solid 15 minutes worth of work done. Reminds me of the movie Office Space. Great flick!

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    80% of factions are doing it. More and more are doing it so they can actually stay competitive. Blame GREE not the factions doing it!
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    80% of factions are doing it. More and more are doing it so they can actually stay competitive. Blame GREE not the factions doing it!
    Still doesn't make it right. I blame the factions that allow and encourage their members to cheat.

My faction is not doing it.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    its a glitch by gree not us so take advantange of it like others are. Fit in with what others are doing or eat it.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpayne421 View Post
    its a glitch by gree not us so take advantange of it like others are. Fit in with what others are doing or eat it.
    Anyway you want to say it, do it, or use it... it's still cheating if you have not earned the Apollo Ops rank. You know that and many others know that too.

I won't cheat to get ahead.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Then quiet down about it already.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Anyway you want to say it, do it, or use it... it's still cheating if you have not earned the Apollo Ops rank. You know that and many others know that too.

I won't cheat to get ahead.
    No one is cheating. If you want to place yourself and your team at a disadvantage, then go and do it and stop complaining because you can't or choose not to do it.