should I buy the ship everyone is talking about?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should I buy the ship everyone is talking about?

Post Count

should I buy the ship everyone is talking about?

I'm sick of checking this forum for an answer from Gree and am becoming increasingly agitated on what is going to happen and I'm now thinking of finding someone (shouldn't be to hard) and buying them myself, I'm worried they are going to keep the units, being playing for 3 years and don't know if I could quit but I don't want to put all 3 years down the pan

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by richie1105 View Post
    I'm sick of checking this forum for an answer from Gree and am becoming increasingly agitated on what is going to happen and I'm now thinking of finding someone (shouldn't be to hard) and buying them myself, I'm worried they are going to keep the units, being playing for 3 years and don't know if I could quit but I don't want to put all 3 years down the pan
    You are correct in the fact they will keep them, but most have sold them and purchased units that fall inline with their rank
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    This also worries me, how could gree know or take back what all the valour and money has been going on to?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree knows what you bought, what you sold and what you recycled. They can fix this.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This also worries me, how could gree know or take back what all the valour and money has been going on to?
    They can't. There is literally no way to reverse the damage. The benefits have been laundered into donations and other units that are more appropriate.

Articulate Author johnnybravoo77's Avatar
    Post Count
    Buy one unit. If gree doesnt fix it, then buy 3000.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Gree knows what you bought, what you sold and what you recycled. They can fix this.
    Hope they can

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Kije View Post
    Hope they can
    Problem is its not practical to search thousands of accounts and any massive fixes are bound to fail since its clear iOS and Android dont function the same.

Post Count
    Is this why there is a code of silence from Gree also, do they even know how to to fix it, I can just see them now arguing amongst themselves as to who's going to break the ice on the forum

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm anticipating major refund requests to Apple. MW might soon be for droid only, as they are now in a league of their own.

Post Count
    Is this why there is a code of silence from Gree also, do they even know how to to fix it, I can just see them now arguing amongst themselves as to who's going to break the ice on the forum
    The best thing they can do is remove all ships from all accounts that are not the Apollo rank. We know they can do mass unit removal and do refunds.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    The best thing they can do is remove all ships from all accounts that are not the Apollo rank. We know they can do mass unit removal and do refunds.
    Agreed. This is probably the best fix. Also, accounts found with the units should be penalized with being reset to 0 cash and valor. I think this is all-around the most fair approach. After all, players violated the ToS by participating in a glitch. It's not even that big of a punishment, it just resets any advantage that they may have gained from exploiting the glitch.

Regarding the laundering issue, Gree ought to set most units (except boost units) to 'high' casualty rate for a short time, including valor units. The game needs a correction. There's too much in-game $ in the MW in-game economy because of the arjun recycle glitch. It's fair to say that in most cases the boost units were gained legitimately (from LTQ, WD, FL, etc). Setting units to 'high' casualty rate would effect a slow, generalized stat deflation over time. To incentivize people to do this the attacker should be made immune from unit casualties, whilst the defender is the one that incurs the casualties. As a result, generally, the most active players in PvP will stay a step stronger than others.

Under this scenario, I think over 3-4 months things will probably return to normal when people start purchasing units again to make up for those lost from their army.
    Last edited by NexusImperium; 02-23-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    so for those of us that didnt participate in those glitches get penalized as well for being honest?
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Please note that purchasing these items is considered a breach of the Terms of Service.

The Development Team is aware of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. Once I have more details, we will provide an update.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They are going to do nothing - I gave up and got the ships -

Worse they can do is ban me - They are doing me a favor at this point