Ban the cheaters

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban the cheaters

Banned
    Post Count

Ban the cheaters

Gree already know who they are cos they have supposedly (not confirmed) banned their accounts. Those who amassed the assault or marauding ships need to go.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This needs to be addressed. Disqualify factions that have used it, Ban or punish the players that have manipulated the system.
    I'm in a top 25 and we have strictly been told if we use it we will be kicked.
    This is purely bad gaming. If nothing is done I know I'm done as well as others.

At least comment please Gree that you are aware and are taking some sort of action.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why do they need to go? I don't condone cheating in any way but look at the history!

*airplane glitch
    *gold glitch
    *tank glitch
    * all other glitches blah blah blah

Anyone been banned or permanently locked out? Not that I know of!

Cheaters are gonna cheat and from what I've been reading, those that are the maddest are the ones using iOS and unable to utilise the glitch for themselves.
    I hear people trying to justify their cheating behaviour by saying "it's not cheating, Gree have let this happen" Please don't kid yourself, this is cheating, you have obtained units that you are not supposed to have! By not playing by the rules, you are cheating, it is that black and white.
    But ban these players? I don't see why, reclaim all units and cash/valour yes, but why ban them for exploiting a game flaw left by the developer? If McDonald's gave you extra fries, you wouldn't return to the counter and tell you you had too many would you? You'd just eat away thinking, that you done well there.

Post Count
    Currently matched with a top 5 team. Lots of huge stats there. Really impressive. One of them is on my rival list. He jumped from 20b to 100b def in just some hours.

If you need to glitch to defeat me, I have already won.

Post Count
    It's ruining game balance.
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobar View Post
    It's ruining game balance.
    Lol! Like there was balance before roflmao!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This may not be in the spirit of fair gaming, but is it really cheating?

Real life: an airline mistakenly posts a ridiculously low fare. The info goes viral and people take advantage of it before the airline corrects their mistake. Sometimes they choose to honor the airfare, sometimes they don't.

Maybe the real answer is for gree to fully allow and disclose this info be shared as soon as they are found instead of the hush hush hints. And if gree would stop with the upgrades on Fridays and just before WD, the impact would be lessened.

As an ios user, this really sucks that some of my opponents have gained an advantage and, to my knowledge, none of my faction has been able to exploit this, but unless the droid users have hacked into this unit, I really can't say they are cheating and maybe the solution is to give the iOS users the same ability for a limited time.

My $.02

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    Why do they need to go? I don't condone cheating in any way but look at the history!

*airplane glitch
    *gold glitch
    *tank glitch
    * all other glitches blah blah blah

Anyone been banned or permanently locked out? Not that I know of!

Cheaters are gonna cheat and from what I've been reading, those that are the maddest are the ones using iOS and unable to utilise the glitch for themselves.
    I hear people trying to justify their cheating behaviour by saying "it's not cheating, Gree have let this happen" Please don't kid yourself, this is cheating, you have obtained units that you are not supposed to have! By not playing by the rules, you are cheating, it is that black and white.
    But ban these players? I don't see why, reclaim all units and cash/valour yes, but why ban them for exploiting a game flaw left by the developer? If McDonald's gave you extra fries, you wouldn't return to the counter and tell you you had too many would you? You'd just eat away thinking, that you done well there.
    Wrong bro, if I could use the glitch I wouldnt. If I have a faction member that's used it, that member is gone. Don't care if it was a million point scorer. Gree needs to act

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehavana2 View Post
    This may not be in the spirit of fair gaming, but is it really cheating?

Real life: an airline mistakenly posts a ridiculously low fare. The info goes viral and people take advantage of it before the airline corrects their mistake. Sometimes they choose to honor the airfare, sometimes they don't.

Maybe the real answer is for gree to fully allow and disclose this info be shared as soon as they are found instead of the hush hush hints. And if gree would stop with the upgrades on Fridays and just before WD, the impact would be lessened.

As an ios user, this really sucks that some of my opponents have gained an advantage and, to my knowledge, none of my faction has been able to exploit this, but unless the droid users have hacked into this unit, I really can't say they are cheating and maybe the solution is to give the iOS users the same ability for a limited time.

My $.02
    Your 2 cents are worth nothing. It's cheating

Post Count
    How is it cheating, it's a unit that has been made available to buy, it's gree's mistake not ours , if the game code was hacked or there was some other way of altering game mechanics then yes it would be cheating, but the problem here is gree forgot to lock the units, I do however condone the unbalance it has caused the game is all over the place,

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Exploiting a glitch is technically cheating but again it's a Gree screw up which is allowing it.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by richie1105 View Post
    How is it cheating, it's a unit that has been made available to buy, it's gree's mistake not ours , if the game code was hacked or there was some other way of altering game mechanics then yes it would be cheating, but the problem here is gree forgot to lock the units, I do however condone the unbalance it has caused the game is all over the place,
    Gree mistake, your fault for taking advantage.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    How many mistakes have they made, beyond a joke now.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They should start doing some QA
    And they should learn from their mistakes and not make the same ones over and over again.
    With the number of mistakes they make they could be quick learners

Team Excellence, I am disgusted with myself for joining you guys for FL and now WD. I posted on your GM that I hated people who use glitch a few days ago when they havent earned the right to those units. I chose to leave you guys in the midst of war as I cannot tolerate your promotion of glitches to members in the team with the new ship glitch. You guys havent earned the right to stats and glitching isnt the answer.

I rather sit out of war without a faction then to be associated with your team.