Ban the cheaters - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban the cheaters

Articulate Author johnnybravoo77's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    I'm an iOS player and I've never taken advantage of any cheat, exploitation, glitch or anything. That's not the way I play this game. I also have an android acct and I will not take something I have not earned. I won't cheat on it either.

Bringing the EB into this is stupid. Gree could have stopped it, like they've done before, but they let it run.
    But you didnt wait to kill it did you? Even though you reasonably knew that gree made a mistake, you didnt wait till the next day to start killing. Im not calling you a cheater, what im saying is that its not cheating, glitching, hacking or anything else. Gree screwed up, they NEED to fix it, but they wont.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehavana2 View Post
    This may not be in the spirit of fair gaming, but is it really cheating?

Real life: an airline mistakenly posts a ridiculously low fare. The info goes viral and people take advantage of it before the airline corrects their mistake. Sometimes they choose to honor the airfare, sometimes they don't.

Maybe the real answer is for gree to fully allow and disclose this info be shared as soon as they are found instead of the hush hush hints. And if gree would stop with the upgrades on Fridays and just before WD, the impact would be lessened.

As an ios user, this really sucks that some of my opponents have gained an advantage and, to my knowledge, none of my faction has been able to exploit this, but unless the droid users have hacked into this unit, I really can't say they are cheating and maybe the solution is to give the iOS users the same ability for a limited time.

My $.02
    I do believe that gree does owe ios after this glitch. do I think this is fair not really.. but I do know once posted in forum the amount of teams we have faced with incredible stats has exploded. I am all for taking back the boats from those that don't qualify to have them.. but what about the players that do deserve to have them and have recycled them ..... do they lose everything as well since even the reward for recycleing them is a programming glitch as well. ideally they answer would be yes as a glitch is a glitch is a glitch and if one gets punished so should all. as for those locked out well most likely it is because they received MORE the 2b valor and the 32 bit os on android apparently cant handle it .. so causes error and wont let them log in. but those same accounts COULD log in threw apple and once valor is reduced to under 2b they could access threw droid again as well. so the lock out inst done by gree per see it is done by programming limits of the 32 bit os. Again point is I am all for gree taking back the ships from those that shouldn't of been able to receive them. but beyond that then they would have to also punish those that should of had them but took advantage or recycle program errors as well as that wasn't supposed to happen either. Meaning a big hassle for gree and a big hassle for al the lvl 300's plus that used it to boost their cash or valor(even thou they rightfully purchased the units). Because the amount of refund is ALSO a glitch and was exploited. I think grees best and simplest fix is to open glitch to apple for 2 days then close it to everyone. at least it will allow ios to balance the field a lil more. sucks to be IOS user now. (sorry you either love apple or android ((rarely both)) and I love android)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Guys, it is not about whether this exploit is called cheating or not. It is about that this particular exploit has altered the complete economy of the game. Unlike the airplane glitch that gave some advantage at a time this glitch has destroyed the game for once and for all !
    Montverdi the game economy was altered forever at Christmas with the tank glitch. Result: Gree sold big buildings for Gold so people would have something to do with their new found billions. Not to mention sell +1 upgrade for Gold for the same reason. Perhaps Gree is just milking the game for all they can during it's decline and eventual finish. I just wonder how they will profit from this latest screw up. Perhaps sell it to iOs users. hahahahahahahahaha

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dutch Republic View Post
    Some may call the losers. Some may call them geniuses. Instead of paying ten of thousans of dollars to obtain double digits stats in billions, they now have the same stats for free. And glitching is not cheating. Nowhere you can find in the rules that it is not allowed to use a glitch. Nowhere. So as long as it is possible, I urge everybody to exploit this glitch fully. Just dont be a dumbass and get more than 2 billion of valors.

If I knew how to post a screen shot I would show that a moderator says that using a glitch is against rules and is punishable by being banned

Lurker
    Post Count
    Amen to that!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    ""Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE.""

People know darn well those ships aren't authorized for their rank.
    If it is not authorized, how come I can buy the units even if I have not the rank? If I click on the boat, then nowhere there is message saying I am not allowed to buy these ships. Ergo, I can buy the ships.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravoo77 View Post
    Only ios players complaining cause they cant do it. Like i said, everybody takes advantage when its convenient for them, ***** when its not. To Anyone that calls it cheating, did you hit day two of epic boss right after day one finished, or did you wait till 2pm the next day to start? Wouldnt that be taking advantage of grees mistake?
    Epic Boss, I think you will find that did not benefit some players over the rest

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dutch Republic View Post
    If it is not authorized, how come I can buy the units even if I have not the rank? If I click on the boat, then nowhere there is message saying I am not allowed to buy these ships. Ergo, I can buy the ships.
    Well said Dutch: Anything that is not forbidden is permitted.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post
    If I knew how to post a screen shot I would show that a moderator says that using a glitch is against rules and is punishable by being banned
    In a Q&A Gree said that glitching was part of the game and not punishable by ban. Moderators have no authority, only for this forum. The mods are not involved in the decision making.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Its Cheating pure and simple, people new what they were doing when they exploited the glitch

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Kije View Post
    Its Cheating pure and simple, people new what they were doing when they exploited the glitch
    Its not cheating. Was it cheating when in february last year everybody could win EB because only 1 free attack was required to kill the boss? Was it cheating with the last EB that all the six day faction prizes could be won on thr first day? Imho, no. And this is similar. So no cheating.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    No its cheating, taking units you are not entitled too, so yes its cheating

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Units are available to buy so not cheating.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    No its cheating, taking units you are not entitled too, so yes its cheating
    I am not sure which faction you play in, but did your faction obtain all the faction goals from EB on the first day? They you obtained units you were not entitled to.

Articulate Author johnnybravoo77's Avatar
    Post Count
    Epic Boss, I think you will find that did not benefit some players over the rest
    Doesnt matter. See nobody would be complaining if everyone could do it. Only crying foul are the ones that cant do it. If they could, nobody would be cheaters correct? So dont throw the word cheaters around, the *****ing should be directed at gree to fix the problem.