Swamp Assault - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swamp Assault

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I just bought that stupid Marketplace to help others out but I haven't found one myself. Plus it's not finished constructing yet but I will post back when it is and keep it up for raiding. My temple of adoration is upgrading like everyone elses but I will let everyone know when it's ready as well.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalkove View Post
    I just bought that stupid Marketplace to help others out but I haven't found one myself. Plus it's not finished constructing yet but I will post back when it is and keep it up for raiding. My temple of adoration is upgrading like everyone elses but I will let everyone know when it's ready as well.
    So, you bought the Market that takes 24 hours to build to help others when the events ends in just a few hours?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddahhhh View Post
    Lucky Sperm Quest- bleh!
    Fully agree spent 2 days on lookin for unraided/uncollected marketplace. Then quit. And just today - 6h before quest end - while did normal ocassional raid, I found one guy from RED (thx!!) with marketplaces & stone quarries ready and waitin )) So I'm done - taverns and gardens were then like walk in a park...
    Last edited by [DW] maretzky; 02-23-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I liked the fact that we had a PVP. I didn't like the fact that we had to search for buildings that are A) rare as not everyone spends gems, and B) are mostly upgrading. I finished but it took a lot of searching on the first 24 hours. After that it got easier because you could coordinate with guild members.

In the future, please do not include gem buildings in these types of events.
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    As soon as I saw that Marketplaces were lvl 2 I said screw it, not interested. Went raiding yesterday as I am wont to do, and saw not just an uncollected marketplace, but also two uncollected quarries! Suffice it to say, an hour later the quest was done.

I think the idea of this type of pvp quest is excellent, but like all quests the devil is in the detail, and I think more careful consideration needs to go into the type of buildings needed (unless, of course, the intent is to limit the reward to the lucky few who can find a certain building)

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Maj View Post
    As soon as I saw that Marketplaces were lvl 2 I said screw it, not interested. Went raiding yesterday as I am wont to do, and saw not just an uncollected marketplace, but also two uncollected quarries! Suffice it to say, an hour later the quest was done.

I think the idea of this type of pvp quest is excellent, but like all quests the devil is in the detail, and I think more careful consideration needs to go into the type of buildings needed (unless, of course, the intent is to limit the reward to the lucky few who can find a certain building)
    the intend was to get all players to buy the buildings, which somewhat worked, as many went ahead and purchase some of them to help others and themselfs

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was one of the lucky ones to finish thanks to the generosity of one player who I asked if he could help me. He had 2 markets and he let me know exactly when it would be ready. The quarry was sort of easy because it had a 6 hour regen time instead of the market's 18. Saw a bunch while I was looking for the market. After I got the Market, found a quarry in less then 5 minutes. The rest was downhill. I guess the key is communication for this one, and of course, nice people.

Post Count
    I finished this quest 30 mins before the end... Spent most than 2 days to get this Marketplace...
    ... but I liked this event even if I was on the way to give up

This type of pvp quest is really interesting, but i do agree with Sgt Maj when he says
    "...excellent, but like all quests the devil is in the detail, and I think more careful consideration needs to go into the type of buildings needed (unless, of course, the intent is to limit the reward to the lucky few who can find a certain building)"

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I too liked this quest but consideration of the buildings rarity should be made especially since many other buildings were available as well and some may not have built a marketplace or quarry. I was lucky to complete on all 3 of my accounts, 1 within the first 6 hours of the quest starting, but in every case it was only due to the generosity of some great guildmates! Because of them this quest was fun for me. Otherwise I know my opinion of this quest would have been drastically different.

Looking forward to the upcoming war also. The new battle system is growing on me but I like the thought of throwing in an old style war once or twice a year. Afterall many of us put a significant amout of focus on minis to keep their lvl low and stats high. This makes all that effort relevant again even if just for a few days. I cant wait to crush some lvl 230-250 players with my lil 140 account! Should be a good CP weekend. Good luck to all in the upcoming war. If we meet on the battlefield remember... It will only last 60 minutes and it's all in good fun! Enjoy!

Post Count
    This quest would have been fantastic.... if Gree had waited another cycle to do it. You can't have a PvP quest for buildings that were just released. Almost every single one was in the process of upgrading and therefore unraidable for the duration of the event. I couldn't even coordinate with someone to raid mine in exchange for theirs because mine had just started a long upgrade as the event began and then after the upgrade it still would have been +18 hours for the Marketplace to mature. It was just not feasible.

Yet again, Gree lacked the foresight to see this as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle8 View Post
    The new battle system is growing on me
    I like the new system, however access to some of the highest equipment is beginning to be either luck based chests that I never get lucky with or Top 100 war rewards. This is a pretty crappy way to do it. Scale it back to Top 10 individual (because if they want to spend thousands of dollars for it then let them) and non-luck based quest rewards. I will gladly complete a Heroic Trials LTQ for some useful equipment, but screw the chests.
    Last edited by the_bob; 02-24-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    They're the same thing, if you ask me.

Hmm. Let's see here. One post. Registered in the last two days just to post this. Yep. You, sir, are a liar or a shill. Probably both.
    So, who else is fake around here? Maybe the posse of community managers? That probably explains their synchronized disappearance and unified non-response.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [rudy] View Post
    So, who else is fake around here? Maybe the posse of community managers? That probably explains their synchronized disappearance and unified non-response.
    There are quite a few who are fake, won't say they are all trolls(conspiracy theory,working for gree), some are forum users who don't want to use there normal log-in for a specific post, some are people who were banned,people avoiding a ban.
    But there are a few starting over, and just new users....
    Daily player

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I know the event is over, but i'm still searching for a raidable marketplace.

This is harder than spotting big foot.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.