EPIC BOSS from 2 FREE hits to 6 $$$ hits in 3 boss kills! FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!!! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EPIC BOSS from 2 FREE hits to 6 $$$ hits in 3 boss kills! FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!!!

Post Count
    I'm level 280. 25.5B Att and 14.5B def. Took me 13 cash hits for level 150. Cleared it in first day. But as mentioned above, I know of people in my own faction level 300 taken ridiculous amounts of hits for low 100 bosses. Just doesn't seem to have been set correctly. Another Gree cockup.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    149 just took 11 cash hits at 1.1m a hit.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Can't see the problem here...If you do boss 100 without gold that's all good...If you want to finish it all and your level is too high with weak stats, your either going to have to spend some gold or just don't do it ...no one is forcing you.
    In fact save gold spending on boss and put it towards getting stronger in stats, move up to a better faction so you get better units, eventually you may also be able to beat boss 150.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    .... Looks like GREEdy wants to get rid of Epic Boss and since most people wanted it back, they decided in their infinite wisdom to increase the boss health by some ridiculous amount so we would end up hating it.
    Amazing right? Dev Notes (the short-lived attempt at better communication) once replied they removed EB from the line-up because their numbers appeared like people didn't like it. After the rebuttals/complaints what did they do? They brought it back but changed it in a way most don't like. Who, that has a brain stem, does that? Gree logic at its best: "Let's resurrect an event WE believed to be unpopular and make it less popular". Self-fulfilling Prophesy. What a joke.

Post Count
    I read somewhere that epic boss health is linked to your level. So if you're level 300 it's harder to kill

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's always been linked to your level....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    im lvl 210 25b attack finished 150 boss days ago 5 cash hits. Omg such a struggle.

You know you guys screw yourself more then gree screws everyone. you all cry on here about ridiculous things . Wahhhh we dont have enough folders. Gree puts out higher drop rates. Then wahhhh we,have to many folders now we cant sell n profit cause everyone has to much.. now its the boss isnt 1 free hit to 150. Im gonna buy stock in wine and cheese. Ill own gree within a month.
    Last edited by Cptcracka; 02-19-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I can't see how that would be workable. Imagine having to use four free hits to take down boss #1. Even if you didn't sleep for the whole event it would take longer to finish than the time allowed - excepting those few players who can regenerate their health ultra-fast. Even using two cash hits would be the same.

There is a happy medium here. Players should be rewarded for being active and getting stronger, not punished. Even more so when it comes to levelling up which is the inevitable consequence of being active. Gree has said often enough that camping is a perverse way to play and yet they reward it with epic bosses. Back in the day the lower tiers received lesser prizes than higher tiers which went some way to countering the ease of completion. Maybe that should come back?

I loved that I could knock down boss #150 with one cash hit before, but ok, maybe that was too easy. But pumping up the health so it took me 15 hits this time is ridiculous too, and hardly the way to encourage lower stat players to do the event.
    with 13b stats (I know not that great) but boss 102 in 2 hours did 25 cash hits and boss was still standing, not gona waste gold trying to get to 150 which would probably cost 2 vaults
    so 15 hits on boss 150 "still easy"

Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'll cLue you in, tapper and lil tapperoos:

Its ancient Gree secret, not so secret at all, that minis are known boss killers.
    I know of one faction that brings in minis to exclusively KILL BOSSES.
    As the minis age, they begin to retire the mini.
    But, this is where they get very clever.
    They use cheap android devices to do this.
    They keep a few around to bang walls, and these days they farm their minis.
    Eventually, they simply wipe the android device, destroy the mini, and begin anew with a level 1 mini.
    They usually destroy the lil guy by level 55, because about level 50, Gree makes the once powerful lil BOSS KILLER weaker.

XP is known to stunt a lil guy's growth. LOL

technical explanation:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...el+ranges+boss

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...el+ranges+boss
    Last edited by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT; 02-19-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My opinion: the epic boss is returned to previous reality.
    Strong players finish the event. Weak players do not finish.
    Exactly what you wanted: gold players have all, free players have what can.

P.S.: I think that boss health is too much. It will come to playable level if boss health will not be increased in next 3-5 EB events.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    with 13b stats (I know not that great) but boss 102 in 2 hours did 25 cash hits and boss was still standing, not gona waste gold trying to get to 150 which would probably cost 2 vaults
    so 15 hits on boss 150 "still easy"
    You're above level 200 I take it? I'm luckily still in the 151-200 band.

There's a post on crime city forum from a guy who last time could reach level 70 with one hit; this time he was taking 12 hits to do level 23. That and your story are what I was talking about in my previous; it's not about me - as stated, being able to do one hit on level 150 was too easy. A few bosses before that I'd needed about 3 or 4 to finish.

Gree seems to not have much idea where to position this event. Make it too easy and nobody who cares needs to use gold (which is after all their prime concern), make it too tough and people who might have been able to finish once with a small amount of gold find they would need to use a very large amount, so they just stop. Remember the number of players who take this game that seriously is pretty small as a percentage, and the developers certainly won't engage those players more by making everything stupidly expensive to make any meaningful gain.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    what were the community event prizes? have they been released? maybe my droid didn't get the popup?

Post Count
    I don't mind the increase in boss heath as it makes it more of a challenge to complete but they need to make the increase incremental as you get to higher bosses. I did boss 102 with 6 cash hits and boss 103 I was unable to finish off before time ran out, I put in 24 cash hits and the boss health meter still hadn't moved. Up to this point I had no problems with the event.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky259 View Post
    I don't mind the increase in boss heath as it makes it more of a challenge to complete but they need to make the increase incremental as you get to higher bosses. I did boss 102 with 6 cash hits and boss 103 I was unable to finish off before time ran out, I put in 24 cash hits and the boss health meter still hadn't moved. Up to this point I had no problems with the event.
    It didn't help that the meter wasn't working properly.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky259 View Post
    The issue was the health meter. I had one boss 3 hit, then the next boss 2 hit, then the next boss 3 hit. I suspect the hits were not registering, not the health having gone up or down.