Spending small-medium amounts of gold now pointless (literally)?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spending small-medium amounts of gold now pointless (literally)?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Question Spending small-medium amounts of gold now pointless (literally)?

I consider myself a "middle class" player in terms of gold expenditure, and this enabled me to do more than just "keep up", improving my army stats (until I seemed to reach a ceiling). Soldier EQ then (re)introduced a level of visible gain for my spend. Now this has been removed, it just seems that I am spending gold just to play the game, not getting anywhere... What's the point?

My units are maxed out ie nothing I can bulk buy that makes it into my army, my base is maxed out, 5% bonus units hardly affect my AD...

So if you had a truck of gold (or a vault even) every month, what would you guys spend it on now???
    FYV - PM for details ;o)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    join a good faction and use it to score in FL and WD, thats you best value option (if someone could ever talk about value in this weird game)

REG at heart

SUPU - GHOSTS

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    A few rounds of golf.

Take up photography.

One or two console games a month.

Buy some books and read them.

Donate money to a good cause.

Buy gas and go on a long drive.

Burn it.

All of those are better options than spending money on Gree gold.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What are your stats? We are a top 25 division faction and may have a space for you. Do you have/use GroupMe?

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    I would agree that a small amount of money/gold will make you very relevant in a top 25-75 faction. You can meet great people there as well. Not to say that you can't meet great people at lower levels but you're more likely to run into similar gold-spending friends in the lower ranked factions - people who have more devotion to the game. Higher ranked teams have loads of deadweight that usually do not spend time communicating or 'meeting' their faction mates. Certainly there are exceptions to this.

And being in a lower ranked faction wil build your stats and make the game fun again - despite gree's constant effort to make it unplayable.

If you have the money to spend and it makes the game more fun, have at it. If you are spending gold to try and "win", then look elsewhere because the only winners are the ones selling BS gold bars.
    Last edited by Veccster; 02-18-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    Proud Member of ENGLAND'S WAR MACHINE!