Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Recent Holdout

Recent Holdout

Hey guys.

I know there are going to be lots of threads and posts about this Holdout, so this thread is the only thread that will be used to discuss the latest event.

Feel free to discuss anything, whether it be improvements or concerns, but please try and tone down the negativity.

Sorry i can't close my thread but ill start here instead
    I still find it very unfair that in the Champion League 3rd place still has no rewards. Those who participate and struggle in trying gain 2nd place work their butts off and spend so much gold yet they still have taste defeat. Its also very unfair that everybody that participate will gain some sort of reward but whoever is in 3rd place. I am in a world where rank 1 and 2 are allies and gaining 2nd place is impossible because both alliance is had to fight. With 100 give or take that have as least 4 100s are against 50 less with a few inactive that has a handful of 100s. You should at least give them a Platinum event medal because after this event either this whole alliance will give up and quit or be completely destroyed. How do you think it feels losing 3 times in a row and please do not say "Get better stop complaining or Stop *******" because feeling this is outrages. Only a few limited people can use gold others struggle even gaining enough money to try buy some gold from Gree.

Gree should actually make the knowledge of who owns the stronghold anonymous to force all alliance regardless of being allies into free-for-all state. I will admit seeing who is incoming is nice but what sounds like a great idea if it says whats inside the wave coming but it doesn't say where or who is sending it. By doing this it allows a free-for-all state for the event where no allies outside of the alliance are limited to be able to help each other. I know this would also effect lower alliance but what other ideas are there ?
    After thousand of people complained why haven't Gree changed the reward system back to allow alliance gain a prize?
    Last edited by Jason0663; 02-17-2015 at 03:03 PM.

GREE, please listen. Third place needs a prize. There is no question about it. This is affecting over a thousand players, and not getting it right could cost you all of them or more. You're not going to be able to push third to spend and beat second, even though they try. Lots of third placed alliances will not be able to beat second because of a big difference in strength. I know there isn't a best size that fits all, but really, this needs to get fixed. You can't just leave more than a thousand players hanging with no prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    GREE, please listen. Third place needs a prize. There is no question about it. This is affecting over a thousand players, and not getting it right could cost you all of them or more. You're not going to be able to push third to spend and beat second, even though they try. Lots of third placed alliances will not be able to beat second because of a big difference in strength. I know there isn't a best size that fits all, but really, this needs to get fixed. You can't just leave more than a thousand players hanging with no prizes.
    Yep, no rewards = less players = less people spending gold

I am very unhappy i been playing since this game was created i have always loved these event and each event past i gotten stronger but without these rewards i am just repeated getting clean out by higher ranking without these rewards I'm useless. These master event are actually my only level 90s i have terrible luck with elites recruit so none other 90s

What the hell GREE??????? One time was bad enough and now you have to REPEAT YOUR MISTAKE????????? I can imagine the amount of players that have lost the motivation to spend.....Good job.

and our alliance has dropped down into platinum.... while the same top Alliance is STILL STEAMROLLING DIAMOND, how is anyone supposed to grow and compete when top alliances always win the champions league AND diamond league, these master recruits are important for fair competition, yet those who have the stronger recruits are ruining the event. one member of that alliance over 5 levels higher attacked me during cross server 10 times ffs.
    how can players compete when you get this constantly ruining the population
    and why is there a box event going on?

Stronghold in Champs league was better when it was 3 or 1 Strongholds, makes team work that much more important.

so Diamond has been steamrolled by one alliance who is ranked #4 in total.
    ours is now steamrolling Platinum with 5.5m more then the next team who are ranked #8 in the server (us #9)
    and as a result of all this, Champions league is 2 alliances holding all strongholds

and we have like 15 active alliances only left on the server
    Last edited by phalanx1337; 02-18-2015 at 07:51 AM.

So it has been a few weeks and Gree has done little on the thousand complaint. I thought the old holdout worked perfectly fine. But i will admit the 3 sh was a problem but the down side was that it had 5-6 alliance fighting for those strong hold. The other alliance try there best to gain control but with the top 2 alliance will make it extremely harder for them. Gree should keep it the same but still have in total of 5 strong holds

Well for one thing, Champion league rewards need to be fixed. You cant have 2-3 top alliances in champion league and give absolutely nothing to the alliance finishing in last place. This is causing great upsets and seriously tilts the power balance in the winners favor, more than in any other event. Other alliance events have a fairly balanced reward distribution. This last SH events caused a lot of players to jump ship down to lower league alliances and the opportunity to get essentially free bp by hitting the higher tier strongholds. I doubt this was intended, it spoils the fun for everyone. It is not fun for one team to win champ league by just sitting there, and not fun for the lower tiers being swarmed by players they stand no chance against.

I don't think Gree cares bet the plan was to forces user to spend and purchase more gold to try and fail getting 2nd place. Because most people in top 100-200 is the main people who buy gold maybe this is just a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0663 View Post
    I don't think Gree cares bet the plan was to forces user to spend and purchase more gold to try and fail getting 2nd place. Because most people in top 100-200 is the main people who buy gold maybe this is just a scam.
    It clearly does not work for most worlds.

The fact that GREE has not even acknowledged this thread which points out this essential problem just goes to show they aren't looking at the big picture. Not only will some players quit because of the recent holdout event, players are going to start to drop down to diamond league to get the two masters. This will deprive the weaker players in the worlds of decent rewards to get stronger and they will lose the motivation to play and quit. All I hope is that GREE realizes the problems they have caused and fix it before its too late, which includes compensation, not just fixing the event next time.

our Alliance in the last 4 strongholds left Champions league and fell all the way to Platinum because we don't win the master recruits due to.
    A. nothing of any value for low champions league places (better off dropping down)
    B. impossible to win anything of value in Diamond due to the rank #4 alliance dominating it and pretty sure giving it to others (given we were winning this before we got promoted) and they have been for the past 3 (obviously dropped down on purpose)
    c. Platinum ended up being steamrolled by us for the one single master recruit

so something needs to happen, Master event recruits need to given out in other events, where are all the tiered alliance build/bp events for example? when we start getting the game more competitive with all the tiered events, all these turn into gold buyers world and server wide events that only allow the stronger to get stronger and no one else get a look in.

server 5.. have a look at that please GREE, its a mess.