[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

Community Manager
    Post Count

Lightbulb [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

Please join us Thursday, December 18th, at 11:00am PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about the new Soldier Equip Feature, recently released with v5.0. This is your chance to ask how the new battles are calculated and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the new feature!

Representatives from the Development Team:

CrazyNerdGirl: Lead Game Designer
    RhythmNBruise: Producer
    Milburn Pennybags: General Manager

So as to allow those in other time zones to participate and this thread will be unlocked Wednesday at 4pm PST so that you may post your questions in advance. The Developers will arrive Thursday morning at 11:00am PST sharp and will be answering questions here for one hour! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive. Additionally, please remember that the Development Team is not responsible for Customer Support, so any Customer Support inquiries will not be addressed.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Sorry this opened up a little late, guys! Clementine's been super-busy today and I didn't realize it hadn't been done. We'll be back tomorrow morning to answer things, so please do post your questions now. (It lets us write better answers!)

Post Count
    1) Why isn't soldier equipment available in the store to buy?
    2) Was it intended that everyone who collected all current equipment items to be +11 att and +16 def (solider equip). Makes it impossible to beat someone with solider attack if limited to 11.
    3) Why can't we unequipped items after equip them? What if I wanted it to be blank?
    4) When will pvp equipment be dropping?
    5) Why was the same equipment recycled through two LTQs/FLTQ?
    Last edited by Jaded Fusion; 12-18-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    TKM - OFFICER

Post Count
    Thank you for doing this again, now that we've had a chance to play around with it some.

1. Game Center - is it safe to log out of one game center account and into another game center account to switch MW games on one device if you have multiple MW games but had different GC logins on their original devices due to the old Funzio Game Center ID thing?

2. Is Equipment "indestructible", or is it something that can be lost when attacking / being attacked?

3. Can Equipment please be added as a tab in the inventory list so we can see everything and the quantities of each item we have?

4. Recycling (add buildings) - The recycling option is fantastic, seems well thought out, and functions well. Thank you for the triple confirmation process! Now that we have inventory recycling, can we please add buildings to that process and remove the "sell" button from the popup when you tap on the building? This would eliminate the accidental selling of buildings, which is heartbreaking when it happens - as I know first hand, having lost a few LE buildings to lag and buffered taps.

5. There are several bugs in 5.0. I know several are being worked on, but some are very annoying -
    5a) The "ghost" targets left from the previous map that was visited amidst the clutter from all the deprecated NPC targets that are on that map (makes it hard to select the target you actually want)
    5b) The last raid done will splash the results again and again each time you hit an NPC target after raiding, as though hitting that NPC target is reliving the last pvp attack/raid performed.
    5c) Probably most important, The Android stats issue - displays the wrong atk/def stats for a person's game both in the profile screen and in the attack/raid results screen. Is this just a display issue, can you verify that the battle formula is using their actual stats and not the stats they see in the battle results?

6. Tapjoy Videos - not sure if this is something you can even address, but it seems as though the tapjoy videos are served per device rather than per game account, so if I have 2 games linked the to same game center and switching between them on the same device, it seems that my allotment of videos is now such that I only get one allotment for the device even though there's 2 (or 3 or 4) game accts.
    Last edited by Kefa; 12-17-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1 = What has finally been decided abut the the next WD, 3 days or 7 days?
    1A = Is it possible to restructure WD like FLTQ (Normal "3 day event", Prestige "5 day event", Masters "7 day event") with rewards scaled like FLTQ or ILTQ?

2 = What will be done IF the unlucky locked out accounts can't be unlocked for WD?

3 = Lately your attempts to apologize or make amends for your errors don't coincide with the severity of the errors. Do you plan to raise the compensation bar for the loyalty the remaining customers continue to show Gree?
    Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 12-17-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    What's the latest on the droid stats error /glitch? Currently you can't see any boosts or units for prizes.

Post Count
    Can you help me and others with our lost accounts, ticket 2121444, also what if game is resistered to ios Go but I now play on android and no longer have ios device

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Documents and data

This is a little off topic but the documents and data for this game is beyond ridiculous currently i am sitting at over 3gb is there any suggestions for lowering this requirement?

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Why can't you guys remove the old enemy's from previous FLTQs and ILTQs from the maps? Can you maybe make all the enemys in the maps walk on a grid so we can stop accidently hitting them? Its quite frusterating.
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I recycled all my non army units but looks like when I did I recycled some of the units for the box event where you have to collect 8 units. As it happens I'm now on 7/8 and the unit missing is one that was recycled. As a result the goal reset. I'm not concerned about missing out on the wrapper this time but I can see this same issue in future box events and with raid boss when you have to collect the 18 units for the personal reward.

Can you fix this moving forward so the goal does not reset like it did in my case once you collect the unit?

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Since the forced data push today IOS devices have been taking longer to log in. Are you going to fix this soon?
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would like to see use of the original NPCs on the maps now and again. Maybe once a quarter or more. Can this happen?

I think the last time these NPCs were used was in the Axis of Evil LTQ this past January.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lastly, can you confirm the date of the next raid boss? It looks like Santa so I'm assuming Christmas Eve or Christmas but either way it would be nice to know for planning.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Can you confirm if the WD Community event will be based on Battle Points or World Domination Points? The splash screen says BP, but other posts made make it sound like it will be WDP.
    There are two type of MW players... Those who complain about stat inflation and those that complain stats are too low

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There are players who have taken over accounts for people that have retired or wished to consolidate down to one account. People do this so that a good account does not go to waste but people are finding that accounts they have given away to someone else are still showing up linked to their Game Center even though the account is on someone else's device. For example, person A had a high level player that they started in 2011 and a mini that they started in 2012. As people who play this kind of game often have multiple devices, most frequently a phone and a tablet they would have their HLP on the phone and the LLP on a tablet that could only be played on wifi. Time passes and person A no longer wants to play the HLP because the LLP has practically caught up to it in stats but is 150 levels lower. They give away their HLP to a friend who has recently started playing and once to advance quicker then would be possible as a new account. Once the friend takes over the HLP person A transfers the LLP from the tablet to the phone and makes it their main account. They are very happy to now only have 1 account. Then 5.0 comes out and person A downloads it. Upon doing so they quickly find that their old account that was given away shows under their Game Center ID. Even though the game is on someone else's device they can still see it and don't link to Game Center for fear of that causing the account to go back to them. What happens if they do link to Game Center? Will they effectively be taking the account back? Is there anything that can be done to prevent this? Will it be addressed in the next release? Is this type of account transfer prior to 5.0 a contributing factor to the lost accounts? Players giving their accounts away when they stop playing is a common practice and once the game has been moved to a new device can the lock out be prevented? Is it now impossible for someone to start multiple accounts when they are new to the game? Thanks!!