New guy. Questions I did not see answers to

Greetings,
    I am creating this post because I have a few questions that I would like some insight on. I did not find these answers within the game or the forum. If I overlooked these please provide me the link to the topic and I will read up there.

More information about the Renegade "Superbase" - I would like to know if there are a fixed number of these bases or if they are created/introduced throughout the game. If they are created, I would like to know how often they appear within the world.

Mission Accomplishments: I am unsure how to word this best so please forgive me. I'd like to know if there is any planned update of fix for Mission accomplishments. I noticed that some finished missions update differently that others, for example when starting the game and you're asked attack specific types buildings it will record your mission accomplishment retroactively (you did the attack or built a building or leveled a commander before the mission was available) and reward you. Where as other aspects of the game you have to acknowledge that you completed the mission (accept the reward) before it will count towards the next achievement. The major difference I see in this is one is a scheduled and limited event (unit training for example) vs the others which appear to be standard. If this is a designed aspect of the game I would just like to know where I can read more about this.

Developer oriented questions:

How soon is the "watch battles" feature coming?
    Will there be a confirmation feature when canceling research or building upgrades?
    Player search feature: an option to search a player to see their current level and BP (similar to how the alliance search is)

All for now, I'm sure i'll have more questions as i get further into the game. I look forward to the replies to this post.

Hi W16,

Welcome to the forums.

Some answers for you -

I do not know how many Superbases there are on a map but would imagine that it is the same for every world. I am not aware of them being created / introduced throughout the game at this moment but it is something many players have asked for.

Mission Accomplishments - I do not believe this to be broken. Some missions have no fixed duration, others are on a timer and the missions are general in an order so you may have completed one but not yet rewarded on it until you finish others missions. This does not apply to when you attack NPC's or other players.

Hope that helps.

Mad4it,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your response.
    Thank you for the insight on the mission achievements.

To add a little more, it appears it's the android platform that the "watch battle" does not work on.

I have read on here that there are 900 superbases total in each world (I can not verify that as fact). I do know for a fact that all the worlds are exactly the same. By this I mean the location of resource patches, NPC bases, Homebases, etc are all in the exact same locations in every world.

As for Mission Accomplishments: This is not broken.

The normal missions you see in your Missions window will fulfill even if you have not collected the previous mission for specific missions such as unit research, resource income, building upgrades, bases, etc. Basically missions that you can only do once will be accomplished even if you did not collect the previous missions. For example: If you build all 10 outposts (OPs) but never collect the "create a 5th outpost" mission, when you collect the "create a 5th outpost" mission the "create a 6th outpost" mission will be accomplished.

However, missions that have "steps" or that "repeat" like "Gain 100,000 Attack Points" or "attack 20 NPC 18 bases or higher" only allow you to move onto the next mission if you collect the current accomplished mission. If you do not collect the current accomplished mission, then anything you do after that will not go towards the next mission.

Limited Time Missions (LTM): Almost all LTMs require you to collect the current mission before moving onto the next mission. This is a tactic GREE uses to get money out of people. For example, in an arms race LTM, if a player forgets to collect a mission, then any units that finishes training after that do not count towards the next mission. As a result, players lose the unit value of the units that finish training after a completed mission that is left uncollected which makes it harder for them to finish the LTM or forces them to pay money to finish the LTM. Basically it is a dirty tactic to try and extort more money from people. The only LTM that does not require you to collect the missions in order to complete the next missions is the box event. If you collect 20 box event items but do not collect any of the LTM missions, you will still be able to collect every mission you have completed once you decide to collect the missions.

Finally, the watch battle replay is broken on both platforms. From what I have seen, the watch battle is not even offered on android. As far as the iOS platform goes, the watch battles worked up until the last update. They were not perfect but they were accurate over 95% of the time. Unfortunately, right now they are COMPLETELY broken. Because of this they are absolutely useless and probably do more harm than good (especially for new players, since they give false information).

Unibomber,
    Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me on the missions and how they work. I have a much better understanding of the way this working.

If any moderators can help, or if developers read this board:
    Will there be a confirmation feature when canceling research or building upgrades?
    Player search feature: an option to search a player to see their current level and BP (similar to how the alliance search is)

The recent addition of being able to share scouting reports is a great add-on to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by W16 View Post
    Unibomber,
    Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me on the missions and how they work. I have a much better understanding of the way this working.

If any moderators can help, or if developers read this board:

The recent addition of being able to share scouting reports is a great add-on to the game.
    I believe there is no notice for canceling research or building upgrades.

The player search feature could be a good idea. It would help see your position and your alliance mates, and it also would help give you info on what players are in which alliances they are in.

Lolsies,
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post and reply.
    Did you mean there will be no confirmation before canceling upgrades or research? Personally I believe that is something that should be in the game as it is very easy to have a finger slip and for anyone to cancel something they devoted time and resources to.

It should be in the game and the idea has been suggested on here before but not implemented. But Gree did implement a confirm instant train feature under settings which is a good start