Transfer to new device

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transfer to new device

Post Count

Transfer to new device

Just need a quick how-to to transfer to a new device WITHOUT using backup/restore. I do not want to copy stuff from the old device to the new device. I am keeping both and both will be used for different purposes, but I want KA on the new device.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I think you just have to use the same Game center account. So if you download KA to the new device and make sure you are logged in with the same account on Game center as you use on the old device, it should work.

Post Count
    Yes Vixia is right
    In "setuping" and using the same GameCenter account in your new device, than the former one, you will get your character in this new device with any kind of problem (gems, gold, units, etc...)
    I did it and it works fine

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is all well and good, but what about when you are selling an old device. Gree this is simply not acceptable. You need a way to 'unlink' a game centre account and then transfer the game to a new device. I've been asking about this for months now via tickets and you just ignore me. I want to sell my old device to someone on eBay.
    IGN: Sim {RP} & Sim {EXR}

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    This is all well and good, but what about when you are selling an old device. Gree this is simply not acceptable. You need a way to 'unlink' a game centre account and then transfer the game to a new device. I've been asking about this for months now via tickets and you just ignore me. I want to sell my old device to someone on eBay.
    Couldn't you just reset it back to factory defaults and erase everything? As long as they don't have your Game Center ID they shouldn't be able to get your account. IS there something I am missing?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I hope you don't sell your device with your AppleID and game center login

Post Count
    I already got my account on by signing in with my GameCenter, but I thought accounts were still linked to devices. Is this not the case? So if I do get rid of my old iPad and I reset it to factory before hand, then my account will be completely unlinked from that device?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    I already got my account on by signing in with my GameCenter, but I thought accounts were still linked to devices. Is this not the case? So if I do get rid of my old iPad and I reset it to factory before hand, then my account will be completely unlinked from that device?
    This is the exactly problem. The account is linked to the device. If you wipe the phone it's still there. I can't risk it. Would you risk your £1000s+ game on Gree's word, "It'll be OK, trust us".
    IGN: Sim {RP} & Sim {EXR}

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is the exactly problem. The account is linked to the device. If you wipe the phone it's still there. I can't risk it. Would you risk your £1000s+ game on Gree's word, "It'll be OK, trust us".
    Can't you sign out of game center on old device, see settings / game center.

Then change your apple id password (not sure how to do that). That would prevent the old device from accessing your games anyway, I think ? (Don't quote me on that)

I would also look for a way to change the apple id on the old device as a double measure, get another free email account somewhere. There must be a way to reset the device and clear all the personal information.

See apple website on how to clear all information http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351 before selling your old device.
    Last edited by Konan-Barbarian; 02-17-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan-Barbarian View Post
    Then change your apple id password (not sure how to do that). That would prevent the old device from accessing your games anyway, I think ? (Don't quote me on that)
    No, your account is linked to the device UUID. That cannot be changed no matter what Apple ID is logged in.