[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - February 13th

Lurker
    Post Count
    You keep talking about making the game more balanced and fair play, yet you guy rewards higher level players with better drops on pvp. Howis that fair?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    - Please address raid boss question

-nobody wants an extra 24 hour war or a 6 day war - we want less war days - better prizes just means more temptation to damage our real life responsibilities - raising the human cost of this game - I implore you to reconsider.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alsofa View Post
    You keep talking about making the game more balanced and fair play, yet you guy rewards higher level players with better drops on pvp. Howis that fair?
    The model of RPG games is based off of progression of character and level. We are not actually giving players who have higher stats better rewards, we are giving players with higher levels better rewards. This is a common system in pretty much every RPG style game. Seeing as XP is gained easily within the game and any player can progress all players have the opportunity to improve their PVP drops by playing the game and leveling their character.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    please address raid boss - especially the bizarre answer given below.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post

Hi Jomama

Thank you for the feedback on crafting. As to address your comments about Raid Boss, most of the guilds have been finishing Raid Boss in hours when it is intended to be a 5-6 day event. I will look at balance but an event that can be finished in a few hours is not a balanced event. I do understand the frustration but we do need to keep rebalancing events that are no longer working as intended. It is extremely difficult to balance for a user base with such different power stats(army power) and we are trying to balance a boss that needs to be challenging for everyone. I am not saying it has been a perfect balance but we will continue to change the event to make sure that everyone can still be challenged by the event.

We have started a specific team that will be looking at fixing this exact issue and you should look to better balance and tuning in the near future. Again I am sorry if you feel the boss has become too hard but going back to a boss that was far too easy for 80 percent of our user base is not an option. Like I said we will look to continue to tune this boss and have an entire team working on this exact problem.

I hope this answers your questions about raid boss and again thank you for your feedback.

I just spoke to a founder of RK - a top guild - best anyone has ever completed heroic raid boss is 2-3 days - this is consistent with my experience as founder of top ten guild - so where do you get info that most guilds are finishing in a few hours when there is not even one anywhere close? It is this type of deliberate miscommunication that frustrates the users and makes us not trust you.

Perhaps you are referring to normal. First, I highly doubt "most" guilds could finish normal in the old format in a few hours. Second, the total damage of normal is less than 3% of the total required to finish heroic. So anyone finishing heroic must finish normal in a few hours - not 5-6 days.

This makes your response way far off the mark of anything reasonable. Please provide a thoughtful response. Your previous one was posted in the KA founders forum and is generating a lot of discontent.
    Hello Jomama

We can pull data from every guild who participated in the event. This data we can show us each event, who participated, who completed the event and how quickly. We have tried to be honest with our player base. What i said was from the numbers I was able to gather. I am sorry if you feel this is not correct but it is the data I have access to.

Like I said before we are trying to balance an event for a large user base that has a huge discrepancy between power. We are still working on tuning this boss and, we will be putting an entire team on just Raid Boss so you will see changes in the near future to this event.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    1. The bug with the building that you are talking about was actually a totally different issue. There has been a lot of confusion since the launch of the game with how the bonuses work and a lot of our current development team has agreed that it was not the best implementation and leads to a lot of player confusion. The % are multiplicative which creates a out come that is not the simple, obvious calculation. We talked about changing this but it is probably not something we will do as it could potentially have a negative impact for some players which is something we want to avoid.

2. We are looking into updates for these screens in the future to make them easier to read. The loading issues is because it has to connect to the server and find all of the other players information.

3. This is a known bug that we are looking into and hope to have it in a future app update soon.
    #1 Yes I know all about multiplicative bonuses. I've been in sales for 34 years and do them every day. You still do not acknowledge that the bonuses I have of 4% and 2% add up, or in this case, reduce down the amount to the wrong result. 24 * 0.96 * 0.98 is 22.57 hours. 0.57 * 60 is 34 minutes. A new building is started and my timer will show 22:59:48. How is 22:34 = 22:59 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? DO THE MATH

#2 You say "all of the other players information" HUH, I'm talking about MY PROFILE and MY BONUSES .
    Last edited by Konan-Barbarian; 02-13-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    KA - Konan of Bloodbath and Beyond - 646-557-670.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hello Vile

We are trying something new for this War. We are giving players back a Classic version of what they used to play. This does not mean we are going back to the old format moving forward it just means we are running a Classic Version of our War. We have asked for two extra days of war but we will also drastically increase prizes for guilds as well as the individual prizes. These will be better than anything you have seen in the last few Wars and will be worth the extra work. I know we are asking alot of our players with this 6 day war and we will make sure the prizes show for the extra effort our players have to put in.
    I just hope those "new" and "improved" prizes are not "better" crates

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [JAG] Ryan View Post
    Also any option to extend the war cycles from 3 to 4 weeks like in my first post mentioned?

I think it would give you a great opportunity to add monthly a new event since a full week would be gained in each cycle.

You could also do different events every month, for example once an event focused more on new players or lower levels and once an event focused more on old players and High level ones.
    Would you pls stop saying that everyone wants 3 weeks war cycle, this can not be far from the truth, on all the KA social media apps people are complaining about this. We all want a 4 weeks war cycle, not 3.

About RB you are absolutely wrong not a single guild can complete the HRB in few hours, unless they are hacking something, and if they are remove all of them cheaters, do not drastically increase the HRB health.

Talk to the Top10 guild leaders and listen to what they say, you may programming the game but we are playing it and our experience and satisfaction have been completely swamped by your revamps.

We all hate crates but you keep shoving them at our throats, EB, RB, war - We do not want them, if you must keep them then keep them at only one event.

I started my message by quoting Ryan's message because you did not address it.
    Last edited by Arahant; 02-13-2015 at 03:39 PM.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    CRAFTING UPDATE

This is still something that we are working on and have not wanted to roll out any changes or additions until we fix some known issues. We are looking at how to expand the design of the feature beyond just adding some more recipes with bigger numbers. Our next app update will be out in a few weeks (3.2) and it has the fix to lower the speed up cost for crafting which is something we have been waiting for the release of before making other changes.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    I just hope those "new" and "improved" prizes are not "better" crates
    Hello Truth

They are not. They will be new hero equipment and units that will be EPIC! =)

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hello Truth

They are not. They will be new hero equipment and units that will be EPIC! =)
    Awesome, looking forward to them

thanks

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Waffleking

if there a chance you guys lower the cost of gold hits on Epic Boss??
    I mean, 75K gold per hit on a level 100 that takes 13 hits to kill is 975k

is this done so people .....
    1- has to be raiding/attacking rivals not stop to get the gold and at the same time force them to get XP and level up
    2- to make people use gems to A- do force attack or b- buy refills to do more free hits

This hurts at least 85% of the players and not to mention new players with very low IPH and not many rivals at their levels with high IPH buildings to raid

you guys keep talking about balancing the game................well gold hits are out of balance that is for sure

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If thinking of eliminateing chests please poll your player base. Not all of us hate them.
    Don't remeber getting 20k20k unit from the start of ltq's before the chests. Units have been a lot better since chests, than they were befor, doing quest parts 1-15/20 for units that just take up space and never see battle. But have to get them just to progress to the ones that were useful.
    It would be nice o see some iltq that are not trails. Some quests with a story line would be nice.
    Daily player

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Thank you to everyone who participated and asked questions! While the Developers are no longer going to be answering questions here live, they will answer questions as they have time over the next few days.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Waffle, you must be confusing Heroic with normal on raid boss - show us the data that says any guild, much less most, can finish heroic in a few hours. Name the guild. Normal yes, heroic no. But normal is less than 3% of what is needed.

Derez, will you address this??????

You people know that all the top guilds jump to each other and know with certainty what happens. Maybe you have a major flaw in your data gathering??????

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    If thinking of eliminateing chests please poll your player base. Not all of us hate them.
    Don't remeber getting 20k20k unit from the start of ltq's before the chests. Units have been a lot better since chests, than they were befor, doing quest parts 1-15/20 for units that just take up space and never see battle. But have to get them just to progress to the ones that were useful.
    It would be nice o see some iltq that are not trails. Some quests with a story line would be nice.
    Don't worry Valid, we are not getting rid of the chest system. To address everyone else, we do continue efforts on how to improving them. To your point, we balance the chests so that the common prize power is what would be expected for that reward so that the chance is only to get something better than the give reward you would normally receive. This is why the Conquest Individual rewards are structured the way they are, basically reward 1-3 get the Rare drops, 4-6 get the uncommon, 7-10 get chests which will give common or better. There may have been times that this was not perfectly balanced which is why I stated we continue to work on it.

Also to your point, there were a lot of crap rewards that were given out in the old format that no one cared about. Now with the collection quest connected to the chests even the lowest rewards will still assist you in getting an additional unit that will fit in most players army and has a bonus.